Texas a & m football players robbed and shot

This comes up all the time with some dudes on here. Idk if it’s an age thing. I work down here but I don’t party anymore cause I’m too old and married with kids. But the young people I work with and deal with all love it down here.
Just to let y’all know how crazy it is I have a video (maybe some of y’all have seen it) of a dude getting dome in the middle of traffic at south bleach. Literally dude went up to the driver and she straight up blessed the mic.
The party seen some on here talk so bad about seems to be thriving.

Advertisement
This comes up all the time with some dudes on here. Idk if it’s an age thing. I work down here but I don’t party anymore cause I’m too old and married with kids. But the young people I work with and deal with all love it down here.
Just to let y’all know how crazy it is I have a video (maybe some of y’all have seen it) of a dude getting dome in the middle of traffic at south bleach. Literally dude went up to the driver and she straight up blessed the mic.
The party seen some on here talk so bad about seems to be thriving.
I heard about that but it got removed before I could use... I mean SEE it.

It's died down severely.
Good to hear, I just so happened to be at South Beach during Urban Beach Week in 2013 for something totally unrelated. Felt like I was in the middle of a rap video shoot for a few days. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Advertisement
When you're a college kid, you spend most of your free time trying to find places to party where you won't get harassed by the police. Once word gets out that police will arrest and fine everyone for alcohol possession, kids stop going. I'm not talking about spoiled rich private school kids staying in $500 a night hotels. I'm talking about the other 99% of college kids.

Good to hear, I just so happened to be at South Beach during Urban Beach Week in 2013 for something totally unrelated. Felt like I was in the middle of a rap video shoot for a few days. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

We used to hang out at Haulover on Memorial Day, and go clubbin' (Glam Slam) on Sobe at night. UBW was mostly an outta towner thing.

Kids aren't coming to Miami if they're getting harassed and not having fun, it don't matter what clubs are here.

k. question: have you done miami music week before or an ultra? i think were talking about a different group of people (im more focusing on the vegas crowd that will drop tons of money rather than a normal college student, which is why i bring up MMW). im from miami, but i also went to UM. my college experience is very diff from the traditional college experience. when wed do mansion then liv (opened up halfway through my undergrad), its not your typical college crowd. that was thursdays in the grove and montys friday nights. my point is that as long as the top DJs and the nightlife continues, people will ALWAYS come to miami, esp during famous weekends (basel, MMW, ultra weekend, etc.). also, for the ft lauderdale crowd, the wharf is opening up there.

k. question: have you done miami music week before or an ultra? i think were talking about a different group of people (im more focusing on the vegas crowd that will drop tons of money rather than a normal college student, which is why i bring up MMW). im from miami, but i also went to UM. my college experience is very diff from the traditional college experience. when wed do mansion then liv (opened up halfway through my undergrad), its not your typical college crowd. that was thursdays in the grove and montys friday nights. my point is that as long as the top DJs and the nightlife continues, people will ALWAYS come to miami, esp during famous weekends (basel, MMW, ultra weekend, etc.). also, for the ft lauderdale crowd, the wharf is opening up there.
The thread was about college Spring Break. Not Ultra or MMW. Two totally different things. Most college spring breakers are under 21 and usually pretty broke. The Ultra crowd consists mostly of people over 21 who are already out of school and have the disposable income to go to an expensive music festival.

Advertisement
It may have died down from what it was, but there's no question that Urban Beach Week still exists. Not going to get rid of that or spring break just because the Beach powers that be don't like it.

It may have died down from what it was, but there's no question that Urban Beach Week still exists. Not going to get rid of that or spring break just because the Beach powers that be don't like it.
The year they got rid of it in Lauderdale, the Beach business owners **** near rioted, it took away their biggest earning month.

I got you

That’s it! Y’all that keep bashing this place and saying it’s knly for wealthy people have t been down here enough. A lot of places with expensive vip places yes. But you can just hang out some where get your vibe on. Plenty of strange from all over the US and the world.

Advertisement
The year they got rid of it in Lauderdale, the Beach business owners **** near rioted, it took away their biggest earning month.
Not anymore. Those old mom and pop hotels that were popular with spring breakers in the 80's are all gone now. Unless you go north of Sunrise, all the beach hotels are expensive chains . There's still a few spring break friendly bars (Elbo Room, Blondies, whatever is in Beach Place now) but they've stayed open because they cater to locals mostly now. Most of the retail spaces at Beach Place are empty. They're having a hard time keeping businesses open in there.

RE: Fort Lauderdale

Wasn't it Jim Naugle who pushed family values and drove away spring break and the strip clubs, then later got caught on Kathy Willett's list of johns?

Advertisement
Not anymore. Those old mom and pop hotels that were popular with spring breakers in the 80's are all gone now. Unless you go north of Sunrise, all the beach hotels are expensive chains . There's still a few spring break friendly bars (Elbo Room, Blondies, whatever is in Beach Place now) but they've stayed open because they cater to locals mostly now. Most of the retail spaces at Beach Place are empty. They're having a hard time keeping businesses open in there.

I hear you...but...

These kids are either teaming up and staying in those expensive rooms...or going a little North... because this spring was the first time I saw breakers at the hotels north of Sunrise. They were packed actually. Saw kids hanging out on the balconies and walking the streets. Maybe the invention of uber has something to do with it. I don't know... But these kids seemed to be okay with staying off the beaten path of Lauderdale beach.

this entire thread makes it seem like the majority of you guys are 50 lol. let em party and enjoy.

this entire thread makes it seem like the majority of you guys are 50 lol. let em party and enjoy.

Fundamental difference between college kids just hanging out, maybe drinking and smoking to excess and serious felonies going down.

PCB is a perfect example of this. During my undergrad and grad school days, I loved going to PCB for spring break. Not only was it cheap, the talent was outstanding, and it allowed me to get away from campus for a week. That said, you could see the changes over time. It went from a bunch of college kids hanging out, to hardened criminals preying on the college kids. You also saw that the kids themselves changed. Kids went from just hanging out, drinking and chilling to people getting insanely drunk, and then making extremely stupid decisions. You can't have that as a city, and that's when crackdowns have to happen.

Advertisement
Back