Terrible Call, but not a locker room losing call

ageezy

Cane til I Die
He should have taken a knee, that's facts .... but everyone on offense knew he was trying to get chaney a 100 yard game ... it was a decision to give a player confidence, one you'll need the rest of the season and the move went horribly wrong and he's about to feel the heat for the upcoming week ... again he should have taken the knee and the national and local media are gonna give him **** for it ... but the players knew what was going on and understood the situation ... got to split one of the next two, i got my money on us getting back on track against clemson .... unc gonna be a task

Advertisement
You’ll lose the guys that said forget Chaney getting 100 and take a knee. Better hope those guys weren’t any of the leaders on the team because it will spread faster than it would the other guys. Maybe lose confidence in the coaches that you ignored that told you to take a knee. I find it hard to believe no coach on this staff told him to take a knee. If they were afraid too then we have a bigger problem with staff chemistry.

You’ll lose the guys that said forget Chaney getting 100 and take a knee. Better hope those guys weren’t any of the leaders on the team because it will spread faster than it would the other guys. Maybe lose confidence in the coaches that you ignored that told you to take a knee. I find it hard to believe no coach on this staff told him to take a knee. If they were afraid too then we have a bigger problem with staff chemistry.
and who are those guys? teams aren't like that ... guys love chaney ... no excuses, but everything that needed to go wrong, went wrong ... he should have taken the knee, chose to elevate the player and got burned ... don't play the blame game as their is ALOT to go around

and who are those guys? teams aren't like that ... guys love chaney ... no excuses, but everything that needed to go wrong, went wrong ... he should have taken the knee, chose to elevate the player and got burned ... don't play the blame game as their is ALOT to go around
I see you deleted that last part of that sentence 😂

Advertisement
Sorry man, but read what you wrote. They intentionally chose to trade a W—during an undefeated season, with everything finally trending up, first conference game, played horribly and it’s been “one of those games” but you got the job done—trade a **** W for a RB to get a 100 yard game?

Is this real life?

We’re all just fans and all say a lot of dumb stuff on here and get a lot wrong, but you CANNOT do that.

PERIOD.

Chaney is at fault too. He should have taken a couple of steps and fell forward instead of trying to fight for extra yards. I like the kid, but he's not an elite runner. He's been at Miami for 3+ years now. If he hasn't gotten a 100yd rushing game by now then he should hang it up.

Leaders of the team as much to blame for it as well. Inexcusable coaching blunder either way. But., TVD throwing 3 picks, Kinchens still hasn’t figured out how to play over the top/prevent. Has to be the 3rd or 4th time since 2022 he’s got torched biting on a play that his only job was to keep it in front of him.

Matt Lee didn’t deserve this. He didn’t look happy and you could hear him from the stands screaming “what the **** are we doing” and saying something about not having a brain and he’s never seen something so stupid. Not sure who he was talking about.. Chaney or coaching. Luckily he’s not going to be one to lose focus, stop working, or turn on the staff.

Advertisement
Sorry man, but read what you wrote. They intentionally chose to trade a W—during an undefeated season, with everything finally trending up, first conference game, played horribly and it’s been “one of those games” but you got the job done—trade a **** W for a RB to get a 100 yard game?

Is this real life?

We’re all just fans and all say a lot of dumb stuff on here and get a lot wrong, but you CANNOT do that.

PERIOD.
they didn't intentionally trade a win, the kept running the ball with a player that was having a resurgence game and tried to give him a confidence boost ... hindsight is 20/20 .... things went disastrously wrong for not taking the knee ... it was a players coach move and it exploded in his face ... i'm speaking more to the fact that he'll lose the locker room over this and i disagree as players know what was going on

they didn't intentionally trade a win, the kept running the ball with a player that was having a resurgence game and tried to give him a confidence boost ... hindsight is 20/20 .... things went disastrously wrong for not taking the knee ... it was a players coach move and it exploded in his face ... i'm speaking more to the fact that he'll lose the locker room over this and i disagree as players know what was going on
Fine, let’s be technical. They didn’t trade the win intentionally, but they **** sure risked it knowingly.

Surely you can’t disagree with that.

And you can’t do that. Not for stats.

He should have taken a knee, that's facts .... but everyone on offense knew he was trying to get chaney a 100 yard game ... it was a decision to give a player confidence, one you'll need the rest of the season and the move went horribly wrong and he's about to feel the heat for the upcoming week ... again he should have taken the knee and the national and local media are gonna give him **** for it ... but the players knew what was going on and understood the situation ... got to split one of the next two, i got my money on us getting back on track against clemson .... unc gonna be a task
I hope you aren’t a financial investor for a living, cause it ain’t your wheelhouse.

Advertisement
I hope you aren’t a financial investor for a living, cause it ain’t your wheelhouse.
i'm not ... but people's life savings and a college game played by teenagers isnt apple to apples ... but i get your point, you don't like the risk

I get what you're saying, but when one of your team leaders instinctively responds with "what the f*ck are we doing?" while also holding back tears at the end of the game, it's safe to assume there are at least a handful of guys thinking the exact same thing. If it festers throughout the week, and team leaders don't nip in in the butt real quick, it will spread pretty quickly. We'll know for sure next Saturday, but Matt Lee's face and words say it all.

Advertisement
I get what you're saying, but when one of your team leaders instinctively responds with "what the f*ck are we doing?" while also holding back tears at the end of the game, it's safe to assume there are at least a handful of guys thinking the exact same thing. If it festers throughout the week, and team leaders don't nip in in the butt real quick, it will spread pretty quickly. We'll know for sure next Saturday, but Matt Lee's face and words say it all.

Wow....Damm...that's rough

Advertisement
Back