Tennison breaks down UM commitment and what future holds for career

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm a big fan of his game and how it can be used in certain packages. This move's not an optimal sign for him. He was fit for the defense we'll play over the next 3-4 years. Say what you want about Clemson's D, bags or whatever, but when a kid who's been playing football his entire life can't pop on youtube and realize if the things he does well will work best in one defense over another, you begin to correlate (not causation) that to other question marks in the overall prospect profile.

*Not saying he won't be good*; only that it'd be a better sign if he had realized a 5' 9ish" hybrid player would be a perfect fit for what we already do, how it'd make him look, and catapult him to a similar, steady role in the pros. Unless he's planning on studying engineering and making a career of that, if I were him, I'd have considered college as an audition as a likely well-earning sub-package player in the NFL.

Will he get to play that role in Clemson or wherever? Maybe, maybe not the same. So you're taking a bag or some frontrunning now for a potentially less certain (and better) long term reward. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_marshmallow_experiment

And, no, I don't expect 17 year old kids to generally perform any real analysis or have incredible self-awareness, but this scenario is fairly straightforward in terms of fit. Oh well.

Advertisement
My thing is even if we have a good season Clemson has built that brand. We could lose one regular season game go to the ACCC game get beat and he will still choose them. They grew up watching those guys to hard of a pull unless u offering $. No one cared about bama or there lore until they started handing out bags the minute saban got there regardless of his struggles early.
This kid gets that CU offer hes gone....unless Manny is a young Meyer and still gets him (that to me would be elite recruiting)
No lies detected.

Again, the recruiting strategy needs to be changed here.

The kid should of been told he will lose the offer if decideds to visit other schools. We can’t letting kids walk all over us.
Like they care when when staring at cold hard greenbacks.

Agreed. Would be ideal because I think Branch bolts he gets that L$U offer.
Well I think Lawrence is being recruited as a CB, even though I think he is a Safety. But that doesn't matter you just wanna stack chips then figure out positions later, because branch might play S, CB, or even striker, we do not know for sure.

Well I think Lawrence is being recruited as a CB, even though I think he is a Safety. But that doesn't matter you just wanna stack chips then figure out positions later, because branch might play S, CB, or even striker, we do not know for sure.

Yea. I think that's likely. Want versatile players for sure and stack them up.

Advertisement
Honestly not sure he has a commitable offer from Clemson yet or they are keeping it real quiet. I was on their main board and not once have any of their insiders even mentioned his name in any of the nearly dozens articles written since the spring game. They did mention Jalen Harrell but their spots are getting tight. Henry Gray was supposed to visit this weekend and he didn’t go after they told him they were going in a different direction.

Honestly not sure he has a commitable offer from Clemson yet or they are keeping it real quiet. I was on their main board and not once have any of their insiders even mentioned his name in any of the nearly dozens articles written since the spring game. They did mention Jalen Harrell but their spots are getting tight. Henry Gray was supposed to visit this weekend and he didn’t go after they told him they were going in a different direction.
His offer definitely doesn't seem commitable. Their insider doesn't think that he's a priority either. Agree with @LuCane that he's likely doing himself a disservice here.

Advertisement
Is Clemson prioritizing Harrell over gray? Or are you insinuating that Clemson doesn’t want gray anymore at all?

love this

Is Clemson prioritizing Harrell over gray? Or are you insinuating that Clemson doesn’t want gray anymore at all?

According to their insider, they don’t want Gray. When she asked him why he didn’t go, Gray told her Clemson had informed him they were going in a different direction. She thinks Gray ends up at OSU or UM but said our staff doesnt feel to confident on him. They are still after Harrell.

Advertisement
Back