Tennessee OC under consideration

Car-window-troll.gif

Advertisement
Seems to have a pretty respectable resume. He will have to slather on some major sunscreen during practices at Greentree. That ginger will burn to a crisp if he doesn't.
Oh I don't know....I think the last "ginger" we had as an OC ended up moving on fromhere to be the HC at SMU so he may be able to adapt to the weather :)

The name was out there the other day I believe but supposedly it’s not going to be him. No one knows. New names pop up, some known to the board - like Dees from Notre Dame (personally I don’t believe this one) and others not known to the board I guess, but no one has been right on the OC and DC searches. It seems that Mario interviews a lot of people and has numerous discussions. We’re supposed to have an OC in place by sometime next week. Sorry, not much right now.
This. He was being discussed in the mega thread yesterday. I believe that someone said they heard that it would not be him. Golesh is well respected and a bright young coach. I think the big takeaway was the fact that Mario is looking at guys from coaching trees that are known for exciting uptempo spread offenses with high volume passing attacks which would make sense considering our personel and where we are at OL. Having said that nobody knows much of anything in concrete terms.

Advertisement
Former Tennessee OC Jim Chaney is also available. Currently an analyst for the Saints. Don't know much about him but he has an impressive resume. Golesh looks good but seems risky. Would love to see a guy like T. Herman get hired. Really like Steele on the defensive side of the ball.

Former Tennessee OC Jim Chaney is also available. Currently an analyst for the Saints. Don't know much about him but he has an impressive resume. Golesh looks good but seems risky. Would love to see a guy like T. Herman get hired. Really like Steele on the defensive side of the ball.
Tom Herman would be a great hire but from where I'm standing it doesn't seem like Mario and Tom Herman would get along on a personal level. I agree on Steele. I love that hire.

This. He was being discussed in the mega thread yesterday. I believe that someone said they heard that it would not be him. Golesh is well respected and a bright young coach. I think the big takeaway was the fact that Mario is looking at guys from coaching trees that are known for exciting uptempo spread offenses with high volume passing attacks which would make sense considering our personel and where we are at OL. Having said that nobody knows much of anything in concrete terms.
It's not really high volume passing attacks at all

Tennessee was top 40 in run rate this year. So was UK with Coen...Maybe higher.

Advertisement
It's not really high volume passing attacks at all

Tennessee was top 40 in run rate this year. So was UK with Coen...Maybe higher.
I wasn't referring to Golesh or Coen necessarily although I think highly of both. Many of these alleged candidates run offenses that I would welcome here. I do believe however that there were a couple known for high volume passing attacks. Maybe not all of them but a few.

No worries. I honestly hadn't heard this name before. But i have a life so i don't spend all day on this, unlike apparently a bunch of a-holes that like to be smart asses.
100%. I’m out on the 4000 page threads. You might get some information once you sift through an argument and name calling about what was the best video game in the 1980s or who’s the best character on Breaking Bad.

Advertisement
I wasn't referring to Golesh or Coen necessarily although I think highly of both. Many of these alleged candidates run offenses that I would welcome here. I do believe however that there were a couple known for high volume passing attacks. Maybe not all of them but a few.
Hopefully not extreme

Balance is the key

Hopefully not extreme

Balance is the key
Balance. Such a simple word. Yet in the context of football everyone disputes it's meaning. To me being balanced in football means you have the ability to run and pass effectively. That doesn't mean that you have to have an equal amount of passing attempts and rushing attempts in each game. Each game has its own challenges depending on the type of defense you face and what they try to take away. For example I love Bill Belichick's philosophy in terms of this subject. He said that if you can't stop the pass he might throw it 40 times in a row until you prove you can stop it and if you can't stop the run he will run it 40 straight times if he has to. He doesn't try to force the run just for the sake of some philosophical need for balance and vice versa for the pass.

Back to Miami football. What if we don't have an OL that is quite good enough to establish a run game early? What if that same OL is good at pass blocking and you have great skill talent and a Heisman caliber QB? In my opinion, you play to your strengths and run an offense that emphasizes a high volume passing attack and you use your ability to throw the ball in order to open up opportunities for the run game. Also I would keep running this type of offense until you can elevate the depth and talent on the OL through recruiting. In other words I run an exciting uptempo spread oriented high volume passing attack until your recruiting builds up your OL. Then when you can do both with a high degree of effectiveness you can really begin to mix things up and are able to keep most defenses off balance.

Back to Miami football. What if we don't have an OL that is quite good enough to establish a run game early? What if that same OL is good at pass blocking and you have great skill talent and a Heisman caliber QB? In my opinion, you play to your strengths and run an offense that emphasizes a high volume passing attack and you use your ability to throw the ball in order to open up opportunities for the run game. Also I would keep running this type of offense until you can elevate the depth and talent on the OL through recruiting. In other words I run an exciting uptempo spread oriented high volume passing attack until your recruiting builds up your OL. Then when you can do both with a high degree of effectiveness you can really begin to mix things up and are able to keep most defenses off balance.
Just don't plan on winning, at least not serious winning.

I am talking about exactly what you said above...The ability to do both. No one is winning titles in the 20th century being extreme in either direction.

Advertisement
Just don't plan on winning, at least not serious winning.

I am talking about exactly what you said above...The ability to do both. No one is winning titles in the 20th century being extreme in either direction.
You didn't read a single word did you? If you did you missed my point. I wasn't arguing with you. I was agreeing with you........and making a few points about balance in the process.

You didn't read a single word did you? If you did you missed my point. I wasn't arguing with you. I was agreeing with you........and making a few points about balance in the process.

I just said the words "I am talking about exactly what you said above"

Lighten up Francis...lol

You mean you didn't see it mentioned in the 1000 page thread sandwiched between discussions of professional wrestling, women, barbeque, and guns?

Advertisement
Back