Ten Best PFF Performers vs Lou

Advertisement
I text’d D$ in the middle of the game specifically about Cam Williams. He and Harrison-Hunte are flashing much brighter than we could have even hoped for this early in their careers. Especially HH. Our front 7 plays with a relatively wild philosophy, so we absolutely need stars on it.

I text’d D$ in the middle of the game specifically about Cam Williams. He and Harrison-Hunte are flashing much brighter than we could have even hoped for this early in their careers. Especially HH. Our front 7 plays with a relatively wild philosophy, so we absolutely need stars on it.
I forgot to ask: does anyone have Cam Williams' HS combine numbers? Any official times/measurements?

Advertisement
Zach played one of his best games as a Cane, but his game against UAB was subpar. I hope we see this UL-Zach more than the UAB-Zach. Frankly, I think the LBs and defense as a whole aren’t elite. I need to see a whole lot of improvement across the board (fundamentals, play-calling, recognition, preparation, talent, etc) before I can say the Canes have an elite defense. Giving up 500+ yards, 34 points, fourth down conversions, red zone conversions and a bunch of explosive plays wasn’t a coincidence or fluke. Every metric says this defense has played well in its first two games, and I don’t see proper technique everywhere on defense. There is a LOT to fix on defense.

This defense isn’t as good as it has been under CMD, but hopefully that will change as this season progresses. So far, I am not impressed with any position group on defense. Certain individuals show flashes but no consistent high level performance. Too many defensive players getting undeserved hype. Film don’t lie.

Lashlee, King, Harris, Jordan, Mallory and company are good enough to win most games, but they will need much better defensive play against elite teams like Clemson. It could be that the Canes will have to win with offense this season.

Last edited:

I had it out with a poster that called him a jag, I called him a poor mans Rousseau and that’s what he is. As I’ve said “ he’ll be a star by the time he’s done”. He has completely changed his body in a year and is already flashing as a rs Fr.

Hasn’t been mentioned much, which is probably a good thing, but Jarrid Williams has been very good through 2 games. Better IMO, then some around here thought he’d be. He was a huge pickup.

Some people like to whine about Manny’s use of the portal but between King, Borregales, Phillips, Roche, Bubba and Williams, it’s paying MAJOR dividends.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I liked the play where Silvera pushed the lineman into the runner. I remember seeing something very similar many years ago.

Advertisement
Hasn’t been mentioned much, which is probably a good thing, but Jarrid Williams has been very good through 2 games. Better IMO, then some around here thought he’d be. He was a huge pickup.

Some people like to whine about Manny’s use of the portal but between King, Borregales, Phillips, Roche, Bubba and Williams, it’s paying MAJOR dividends.
If you remember how hyped I was when we got Jarrid, this was the reason why.

He solidified our OL & helped turn a weakness into a strength.

With moving Campbell to his natural position at LT & brining Jarrid in at RT that gave us two bookend Tackles that would be more than serviceable playing in an uptempo offense.

Brining him in was pivotal because with his addition we really don't have any glaring weaknesses on offense, all we need is a little more focus consistency at WR (which we'll get as they build more continuity with King) & to clean up the penalties.

Idc what anyone says, we legitimately have one of the top 3 most potent offenses in the ACC & we're really just scratching the surface.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cam name kept coming up in preseason when asked by people in interviews, in every interview Rousseau was doing he was the dude he would mention as up and comer, was expecting him to flash because I put more emphasis on those reactions when they ask who is next from guys leaving because that is most authentic you will get from pc response

Advertisement
Back