Temple level ish

SCarolina Ibis

Medical Redshirt
I hate to be the one to make a thread like this, but why in the **** are ANY of you people ok with the idea of having Fran Brown and/or Frank Ponce on staff? Who gives a **** if they were going to be on his staff at TEMPLE? I can't believe I have to be the one to point this out, but TEMPLE IS NOT MIAMI. They were under consideration for his Temple staff because that's the level their careers are at. Manny does not owe them a god **** thing. Why would he? Because he interviewed them?!

Fran Brown, an extra defensive coach? Where exactly would Brown fit on our staff? Remember, we only have so many on field positions available.

He's not even the biggest issue. Its Ponce. Do you people not remember how the last 3 years went without a good QB coach? Why do I think Ponce isn't any good and seem so unwilling to give him a chance? Idk.. maybe the fact that his only two options were Temple and App State. Did the last 3 years not teach you people anything? Specifically that QB coach is waaaaaaaaaaaay too important of a position to allow someone to prove themselves HERE. This is the kind of job for coaches with actual resumes. Nobody should defend him with "just give him a chance". **** that. We JUST did that. We just gave a nobody a chance and our recruiting and QBs were the worst they've been in more than a decade. And some of you are willing to do it all over again??

App St co offensive coordinator (not play caller of course) plus "he interviewed for a job at TEMPLE" does not mean he's Miami quality.

Remember what happened the last time a coach filled out his staff with Temple level coaches?

There is not a single **** reason to settle on ANYONE. Manny is the HC at MIAMI, not Temple. He needs to hire like he is the HC at MIAMI, not Temple.

Advertisement
I agree with what ur saying here but I’m going to wait until hires are official before I start getting ****ed off. If he follows through and hires those guys I’ll be right there with u

Last edited:
Well, we settled for Diaz. Dude was gonna cut his teeth at Temple. We hired another Temple coach...

Ohh and who did we settle for our new DC? An experienced Defensive mind who can bring improvements to a pretty good unit? Of course not. More inexperience is the name of the game.

So settling is apparently what we do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back