Telling interview from kaaya

Don't get the Kaaya hate. Everything [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] said was true - came here when it wasn't cool, helped turn program around and was an above average QB for us.

Plus, it's fairy obvious he didn't like either the Richt staff or the offense they ran/run, yet he stays classy and respects the program.

Personally, I like the kid and wish him the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Mayne love the kid and he'll always be a Cane, but that sounded like a goldenesque type interview.

Kaaya is a good kid. And yea he came when we were down. But let's be real he folded under pressure and Richt system isn't what he's comfortable with. I think he's one of those Qbs where everything has to be near perfect to succeed. And that **** ain't happening.....

Advertisement
Mayne love the kid and he'll always be a Cane, but that sounded like a goldenesque type interview.
I felt the same...

actually, what I think it sounded like was kaaya saying:

"golden really sucked as a football coach, but I don't want to bad mouth him. fortunately, things are 100 times better under coach richt, even though we struggled a bit last year, myself included, since we didn't have the talent on the OL to do the things coach richt wanted to do on offense. .... but we got better those last 5 games, and that's the momentum UM will take into next season, and I am really excited about the future of the program."

Last edited:
I felt the same...

"golden really sucked as a football coach, but I don't want to bad mouth him. fortunately, things are 100 times better under coach richt, even though we struggled a bit last year, myself included, since we didn't have the talent on the OL to do the things coach richt wanted to do on offense. .... but we got better those last 5 games, and that's the momentum UM will take into next season, and I am really excited about the future of the program."
Your puttin words in his mouth...

He clearly likes Folden a lot more than Richt, and that's his prerogative, but I think it reveals the real underlying reason as to why he left early while also repeatedly saying (this offseason) that he thinks Miami would win the ACC if he came back.

I like Kaaya & hope he has success in the league, because that helps us a lot in recruiting if he does well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I felt the same...

He clearly likes Folden a lot more than Richt, and that's his prerogative, but I think it reveals the real underlying reason as to why he left early while also repeatedly saying (this offseason) that he thinks Miami would win the ACC if he came back.

I like Kaaya & hope he has success in the league, because that helps us a lot in recruiting if he does well.

actually, I don't get that impression.

but what I will speculate: he really liked coach coley, and that was the coach/player relationship he was most strongly connected to, which is why you get the sense it's a golden vs. richt thing.

what do you think? am I off base?

I felt the same...

actually, I don't get that impression.

but what I will speculate: he really liked coach coley, and that was the coach/player relationship he was most strongly connected to, which is why you get the sense it's a golden vs. richt thing.

what do you think? am I off base?
You're probably more accurate in pinpointing Coley... To me Folden was the encompassing whole of all of them.

But I think you're right, he was way more comfortable in Coley's Offense than in Richt's.

Advertisement
Wish him the best, but I won't miss him
You will miss him big time around mid Sept.
He was a very good qb here. Super accurate, smart. Slow footed as ****, but not his fault Richt got him
doing RPO with a crap o line. Or his fault Coach No D was here for 2 of his years.
You all will realize how spoiled we were with Kaaya. Look at UFs offense recently without a qb. I fear our offense going to
be very UF like this year

He was a very good qb here. Super accurate, smart. Slow footed as ****, but not his fault Richt got him
doing RPO with a crap o line. Or his fault Coach No D was here for 2 of his years.
You all will realize how spoiled we were with Kaaya. Look at UFs offense recently without a qb. I fear our offense going to

He was nowhere near close to super accurate under Richt or Coley's offense.... missed crucial passes plenty of times even when he had a clean pocket. And killed drives bc he took on sacks that an average QB couldve avoided.

He was nowhere near close to super accurate under Richt or Coley's offense.... missed crucial passes plenty of times even when he had a clean pocket. And killed drives bc he took on sacks that an average QB couldve avoided.

He was 21st in the nation in QB rating, 35th in completion percentage.

A 3 year starting QB who is getting drafted in the NFL > 2 lightly recruited backups (Rosier/Sherieffs) or a 160lb True FR (Perry). Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

Advertisement

A 3 year starting QB who is getting drafted in the NFL > 2 lightly recruited backups (Rosier/Sherieffs) or a 160lb True FR (Perry). Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

Brad Kaaya has accomplished less than QBs with no NFL talent... his "NFL talent" is irrelevant to me, he's not that good no better than Stephen Morris or Jacory Harris.

Kind of hard to be accurate after Richt gets you concussed on first play vs FSU with that RPO crap.
Can't wait to see this thread in 6 months

Kind of hard to be accurate after Richt gets you concussed on first play vs FSU with that RPO crap.
Can't wait to see this thread in 6 months

LOL at "Rick got him concussed"

I keep going back and forth on whether or not we'll miss him. It's all about who replaces him and what that guy brings, and we don't know that because the practices were closed to the public. I can tell you that IMHO Kaaya would have had much better stats in that second scrimmage than what we read the other QBs had. But it was a red-jersey scrimmage for QBs. I have no idea how he would have compared to the QBs in the first scrimmage. Just not enough information until D$'s writeup and summer camp.

As far as Kaaya is concerned, he was an amazing pocket passer at times when he had less pressure. But couldn't even move within the pocket well, much less move with a moving pocket, scramble or handle designed runs. So he was a one-dimensional QB who was exceptional at that dimension, which was (usually) the more important attribute for a quality collage QB. But when things broke down, man he looked outright ugly sometimes. And while he led us back in a few rallies, I can't remember one come-from-behind signature win that we had. But I wish him all the best.

Advertisement
Back