Tell Tale Sign

Jax Cane

Junior
One of the biggest if not the biggest problems this team has had over the past 4 years is poor Defensive Tackle play? Right? Who we got lined up for 2015? I think i saw one 3star DT commit who is unrated. You think this sh$t is going to get better especially with this scheme? We should have like 3-4 DTs lined up. This has been AL's epic fail of recruiting. Cant blame recruits, who would want to come here as a DT and play for Taco

Advertisement
Wouldnt make a difference...at all. No addition will improve this shytshow approach. Paul Johnson firing Al Groh was the canary in the coal mine.

I'm not sure if we had suh, jj watt, and clowney on our line if it would make a difference

The problem is we wouldn't get those guys even if they were UM legacy kids with season tickets from birth. There is no reason a dominant DT would come here right now. He wouldn't be put in a position to succeed.

If anything, they would probably put him at NT, ask him to 3 gap and hold the line by himself, and then say he just wasn't quite good enough to make the play as it was "designed."

It seems that our dline coaches do not teach how to get around/through a block and attack... just stand straight up and engage.

Advertisement
ph-us1-at-i95-x10.jpg

Advertisement
Back