Tell me how the future looks bright with this team.

Really?!?! We are not your Hurricaneipedia. If you want on the train, get on! If you need to be convinced to support the team, get the **** off.

This place is getting sad and god**** silly. Mommy, please tell me why I should be a Cane.

Advertisement
no way we won't be a 9 or 10 win team in 2013 and 2014

The defense isn't going to be any good next year again.

I think we'll be above average on defense next year. Somewhere in the 25-50 range:

LE Chickillo JR
DT Pierre JR
DT Porter SR
RE McCord SO
SLB Johnson R-SO
MLB Kirby SO
WLB Perryman JR
CB Gunter R-JR
CB Howard SO
Nickel Finnie JR
FS Bush SO
SS Jenkins SO

In 2014, I think we should have a top 15 unit:

LE Chickillo SR
DT Pierre SR
DT Bryant SO
RE McCord JR
SLB Johnson R-JR
MLB Kirby JR
WLB Perryman JR
CB Gunter R-SR
CB Howard JR
Nickel Finnie SR
FS Bush JR
SS Jenkins JR

I'm willing to put some serious cash on it that we won't. Also top 15 is unacceptable. It doesn't take 4 years to field a good defense. We better be top 3 by 2014 or the defensive staffs needs to be let go.

:ibisroflmao:

no way we won't be a 9 or 10 win team in 2013 and 2014

The defense isn't going to be any good next year again.

I think we'll be above average on defense next year. Somewhere in the 25-50 range:

LE Chickillo JR
DT Pierre JR
DT Porter SR
RE McCord SO
SLB Johnson R-SO
MLB Kirby SO
WLB Perryman JR
CB Gunter R-JR
CB Howard SO
Nickel Finnie JR
FS Bush SO
SS Jenkins SO

In 2014, I think we should have a top 15 unit:

LE Chickillo SR
DT Pierre SR
DT Bryant SO
RE McCord JR
SLB Johnson R-JR
MLB Kirby JR
WLB Perryman JR
CB Gunter R-SR
CB Howard JR
Nickel Finnie SR
FS Bush JR
SS Jenkins JR

I'm willing to put some serious cash on it that we won't. Also top 15 is unacceptable. It doesn't take 4 years to field a good defense. We better be top 3 by 2014 or the defensive staffs needs to be let go.

LOL. Guess Michigan St, ND, South Carolina, etc should all fire their defensive staffs; they are only 5th, 6th, and 9th in the country which is obviously not good enough. Top 3 or fired!

It didn't take them 4 years and one of the worst defensive teams in college football to field a good defense. Also I don't know who Mrprice is, but there's no reason to act like a woman. Thanks in advanced. Call the post dumb if you want, but it shouldn't take 4 years to field a good defense. I don't know why everyone is giving this garbage a pass. It's completely unacceptable.

Also the teams you posted have not once had a defense even close to this bad under their current coaches. You people are so blinded by Golden's hair and the fact that speaks really well. He doesn't deserves a pass for this. He and the defensive staff should get heavy criticism for the past two years we better be very very good next year and **** near unmovable by year 4. Or it simply wasn't worth it to change the defense.

Last edited:
Also doesn't scare some people that the only team in college football running an elite 3-4 at a high level on a game to game basis is Alabama?

Advertisement
Also doesn't scare some people that the only team in college football running an elite 3-4 at a high level on a game to game basis is Alabama?

1. No, it doesn't scare me.
2. We're implementing a multiple-front defense, so we can interchange between 3-4 and 4-3
3. Alabama, BYU, and Notre all run 3-4 defenses, and they're currently ranked in the top 6

It didn't take them 4 years and one of the worst defensive teams in college football to field a good defense. Also I don't know who Mrprice is, but there's no reason to act like a woman. Thanks in advanced. Call the post dumb if you want, but it shouldn't take 4 years to field a good defense. I don't know why everyone is giving this garbage a pass. It's completely unacceptable.

Also the teams you posted have not once had a defense even close to this bad under their current coaches. You people are so blinded by Golden's hair and the fact that speaks really well. He doesn't deserves a pass for this. He and the defensive staff should get heavy criticism for the past two years we better be very very good next year and **** near unmovable by year 4. Or it simply wasn't worth it to change the defense.

Negging=acting like a woman
Whining about being negged=??

In 2 years, we're going to see a seriously ******* talented defense. Let's see what we do w/ the horses.

Advertisement
So how does the future look bright for this team? Tell me, how am I suppose to be optimistic with the team playing as badily as they have been? Tell me how can I expect this team to get better with some of the most atrocious defensive playcalling ever? Tell me what to look forward to since Miami's best defensive player is Deon Bush? Tell me how I can be optimistic with sanctions looming, which I have a bad feeling about. Come on fellas, what can I look forward to?

That's the only thing that has me worried about the future. Other than that, there is a lot to be optimistic about. If the sanctions are manageable, and Golden doesn't jump ship due to them, the future should be fine.

If Golden can keep Alex Collins on board, that's a huge reason for optimism.

Duke and that guy in the same backfield? Cot****.
This. Don't forget Sony Michel in 2014 also. If we get Duke (JR), Collins (SO), and Michel (FR) together in the same backfield? **** tough to stop.

Plus, we need to get some JUCO help on the DL, read: both DE and DT. We need some grown-*** men up front on that side of the ball. This small-ball ****e ain't getting the job done. We also need help at S, Bush can't do it all by himself, and everyone else on the roster for next year at S just simply aren't good (I'm looking at you, Kacy Rodgers).

Here's the key--the reason why your Ronald Darby/Nick Waisome/Travis Hunter younger-type players have success on a D like FSU's is because of all of the older/experienced/talented players they're surrounded by. For example: FSU had Bjoern Werner/Cornelius Carradine (both Seniors who are experienced/really talented) at the DE spots. We had Shayon Green (a LB playing DE)/Anthony Chickillo (true SO). That's a BIG difference. The only 3 players on FSU's D that were underclassmen were Darby/Waisome/Hunter, as far as starters. Everyone else was a JR/SR (some with redshirt years under their belts). And they mixed in FR/SO here and there to go with those older players throughout the game.

When we can mix in talented FR/SO to go with guys like Bush/Howard/DP/EJ/Paul/Gunter/Chick when they're JR/SR, and not depend on those FR/SO to make all the plays w/o much help from the upperclassmen, as is the situation currently. Instead, we'll have some guys as JR/SR that aren't JAG's (Shayon, Robinson, Porter, The Plug, Telemaque, Highsmith, Rodgers...etc), but instead are experienced, talented, and can make plays along with those FR/SO we mix in.

One more year of good conditioning by Golden, one more year of experience for the likes of Deon Bush and Duke Johnson. One more Golden recruiting class (if it looks as good as this one does, we will be alright), hopefully including Alex Collins and Jamal Carter, and maybe Mathew Thomas.

No more Darius Smith.

This! Collins and Thomas = Duke, Bush as far as important recruits for this year. However I like the rest we have committed. One more class behind this projected class and you will see old cane football week in and week out. PATIENCE as long as we recruit well these next two years. Some of the components are here already! It is not THAT hard to envision a pretty good team if we land the studs we are after.

I think the difference will be our conditioning and strength numbers will progress instead of digress like we have been seeing since about 2006. The x factor will be defensive playcalling. If we continue this prevent scared **** we wouldnt be a top d with bamas players. We have alot of young talent and after next year we will have quality depth.

This, hopefully with a more experienced defense we will attack more.

Advertisement
I used to get so ****ed because in the past several years, penalties alone would just KILL our drives.

In addition, no one would even THINK about trying to cover their defensive lanes.

And just to make it sweeter, we ran out of gas by the fourth quarter - I mean EMPTY.

Which made it mandatory to absolutely QUIT.

We gotta lot of pups. But they're not racking up sihtloads of penalties, they're not out of gas by the fourth, and they sure as **** don't quit.

And just Saturday, I saw some aggressive hitting I haven't seen since who flung the chunk! ****, half the FSU team at one time or another had to be helped off the field.

Advertisement
In 2 years, we're going to see a seriously ******* talented defense. Let's see what we do w/ the horses.

Do you think D'onofrio's scheme will be successful with an experienced defense?

I think it still needs to be adjusted to some degree. I just can't tell if the existing approach and holes are because of his lack of trust or it's just his approach.

Our 4 best defensive players are a true Fr, RS FR, 2 true So.

I personally have no idea how some of you expected us to be a good team this year. It's crazy.

I thought we be a 5 or 6 win team this year and guess what we are a 5 or 6 win talent team this year.....we were 6-6 last year and lost MOST of our contributors what do you except?

Favorite--UVA
Slight Favorite-USF
Toss ups- VT and DUKE

if we beat VT I think we can run the table if we lose to VT i still think we can win 6 games and self impose a bowl

i think coming from a 6-6 year, playing 40 underclassmen regularly, dealing with sanctions, et al, winning 6-7 games this year would be a remarkable feat.

Advertisement
Back