Teams that are above 50% blue chip ratio headed into the 2019 season.

Blue chip meaning 4 star and above?

1566253948121.png

Advertisement
Blue chips obviously matter but true difference makers like Tua and Lawrence are what separate them from the rest.

If we had either guy, even as true freshmen before their first start, we’d be favored going into Orlando Saturday.

Clemson and UGa are both proof you don’t need 80% Blue chippers to win the championship... UGa has never won **** and Clemson won the championship with only 60% even though that number is going to rise based on their pay to play ratio.

Does anyone know if this Chart includes the 5 players/recruits that decided on not taking there talents to Gainesville?

Clemson and UGa are both proof you don’t need 80% Blue chippers to win the championship... UGa has never won **** and Clemson won the championship with only 60% even though that number is going to rise based on their pay to play ratio.

You know what Clemson did have, though? Transcendent QBs. If we have one of those, it changes everything

Advertisement
UGA was in the playoff final game and a couple plays away from pulling it off. They basically lost on a hail mary.

What Clemson has done tho is dam impressive. They are smacking teams like OSU, OU, ND and even recently bama the **** up.

Entering 2019, 16 teams are above the 50% Blue-Chip Ratio:
Ohio State 81%
Alabama 80%
Georgia 79%
LSU 64%
Florida State 61%
Clemson 60%
USC 60%
Penn State 60%
Michigan 60%
Texas 60%
Oklahoma 60%
Auburn 58%
Washington 54%
Notre Dame 54%
Florida 53%
Miami 51%

We are catching up guys.
That’s fine but how many of them have under 75 kids on scholly like we do?

UGA was in the playoff final game and a couple plays away from pulling it off. They basically lost on a hail mary.

What Clemson has done tho is dam impressive. They are smacking teams like OSU, OU, ND and even recently bama the **** up.
They also are great at retaining assistant coaches

Advertisement
You know what Clemson did have, though? Transcendent QBs. If we have one of those, it changes everything

This right here. Their QB and DL play has been the difference. Those guys on the DL came back when they didn't have to and kick the **** out of Bama's group of 5 star OL. They know where to spend their money. Teams like UGA are going all in on the WRs and DBs but it's not quite paying off.

Entering 2019, 16 teams are above the 50% Blue-Chip Ratio:
Ohio State 81%
Alabama 80%
Georgia 79%
LSU 64%
Florida State 61%
Clemson 60%
USC 60%
Penn State 60%
Michigan 60%
Texas 60%
Oklahoma 60%
Auburn 58%
Washington 54%
Notre Dame 54%
Florida 53%
Miami 51%

We are catching up guys.

Thank you, I've been saying it since last year that FSU has more talent on the roster than Florida. They are coached poorly, and coaching matters obviously. I strongly believe our advantages going into the game on Saturday is our hunger and work ethic. While the lizards are running their mouth we are putting in work and staying humble. Come game day I expect to see a completely different team than what we saw in 2018.

This ratio is complete nonsense. Why? Because outside of some no doubt talents, it's all mostly a measure of WHO OFFERED YOU. I could put together a team of so called 5 star talents, but if I'm not recruiting for schematic and cultural fit, then guess what? My team will most likely stink. Look at Mack Brown's last years at Texas as a glaring example of that. All that list shows is that teams that are successful will get guys who are bumped up, because they are going there. It's a chicken or egg conversation.

Miami's recruiting strategy should be to land as much elite local talent as possible, while also being able to identify and develop guys who have either raw measurables, or are highly productive athletes at the upper levels of HS ball. Miami will most likely never have an Ohio State level of "Blue Chips", but Miami sure as **** can have a team that can compete with that, due to guys developing and maxing out.

Biggest surprise is Washington. Had no idea they were pulling in that type of talent.

CP is a legit recruiter, and Washington state produces some talented guys. With USC struggling on the field, UDub is able to get into Cali and walk away with some supplemental talent. Remember, whenever UDub is good, they feast on Cali talent. That's been true for 40 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back