Team Speed

imurcane

Banned
Banned
I know folks noticed the improvement. But man it was extremely noticeable just how fast and physical we were tonight. At one point I wondered if Famu was just that slow? I counted our ships on the eligibility chart (76 I believe) . . . I didn't realize we were still down 5 ships per NCAA.

Advertisement
I know folks noticed the improvement. But man it was extremely noticeable just how fast and physical we were tonight. At one point I wondered if Famu was just that slow? I counted our ships on the eligibility chart (76 I believe) . . . I didn't realize we were still down 5 ships per NCAA.

I think that just the mere fact of NOT being in that ridiculous scheme makes us look much faster on defense. You are right though and it seems everyone is talking about it. As for my 2 cents......It all starts at the top. I think what we see in terms of improved team speed is the result of everything coming together. S&C, schemes, players buying in etc..... Like I said before I think that in crafting a style of play that underscores our strengths, this coaching staff is able to have this team play much faster than they had shown under the fat loser.

The best part is that we are in the process of becoming a **** of a lot faster. Our recruiting will enable us to field exceptionally fast teams. Just wait until we kickoff the year against LSU in 2018. That will be a team with serious speed.

I think that just the mere fact of NOT being in that ridiculous scheme makes us look much faster on defense. You are right though and it seems everyone is talking about it. As for my 2 cents......It all starts at the top. I think what we see in terms of improved team speed is the result of everything coming together. S&C, schemes, players buying in etc..... Like I said before I think that in crafting a style of play that underscores our strengths, this coaching staff is able to have this team play much faster than they had shown under the fat loser.

The best part is that we are in the process of becoming a **** of a lot faster. Our recruiting will enable us to field exceptionally fast teams. Just wait until we kickoff the year against LSU in 2018. That will be a team with serious speed.

well said.

We're faster, but still not quite Miami fast - another class will get us closer....

But Edwards did show some speed on his TD run - not breakaway speed, but good speed.

Homer, on the other hand, is clearly the fastest RB we have....He's going to be a good one and may have been the best RB in the state last year....

We're faster, but still not quite Miami fast - another class will get us closer....

But Edwards did show some speed on his TD run - not breakaway speed, but good speed.

Homer, on the other hand, is clearly the fastest RB we have....He's going to be a good one and may have been the best RB in the state last year....

Homer is our best back IMO looking at the entire package. Kid will be special. 3 up, 3 down.

Advertisement
It's really simple. Golden had the entire team fattened up. We heard it all offseason. So and so went from 22% bodyfat to 15%. This guy went from 14% to 8%. So on and so on. Everyone will be faster when they drop a bunch of fat off their bodies.

Advertisement

Of course we look fast against Famu. I would not take much from this game. I am interested in how we look against real teams. The attacking style was a treat to watch. Have not been this excited in a long time.

For some reason Golden refused to recruit speed and Mark is the complete opposite.

Last edited:
Look it's FAMU but I seen us play BCC under Golden and they kept getting outside on us. I dont think team speed as ever been a problem. When you have coaches who think you need to be fat and lumbering, as well as telling guys to hold gaps, it may appear they are slow. We must have had a million tfls. That's Miami defense, getting in the backfield as quick as humanly and legally possible.

The next thing about team speed, look how many times we stop them on the 15 yard or less on KR

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Understood about it ONLY being FAMU. BUT, and this is a big but we looked the fastest we've been in years. Clearly one of the problems was the HC . . . Golden and Shannon . . . Coker rode Butch's coat tails. Swasey and his program simply did not get it done. Between nutrition, strength, and conditioning we are a better, leaner, more conditioned, physical, and faster team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back