Team is totally different with Keith Stone

Advertisement
Advertisement
Keith is definitely a nice help to this team and gives us some hope. We need him to continue to improve coming off his injury because we're going to need to rely on him more if we want to find a way into the tourney.

You people must be watching something different than me, because I'm not seeing a team with any shot at the NCAAT.

How can you say the team has no shot? I understand this isn't a great team, but it's got a decent shot at having an NCAAT-quality resume.

-We're going to have a really good SOS. Almost certainly top 25, maybe better.
-We already have 5 wins away from home, which is something the committee looks at. There's a good chance that at least one of those wins is vs. an NCAAT team, assuming one of Illinois or Temple (or maybe even UCF) makes it into the tournament.
-Kenpom has us getting to 16 wins overall, 8 in the conference. You have to assume that with our SOS 18 wins/10 ACC wins would be enough.

So we need to overachieve by 2 wins. That won't be easy, of course, since it means we'll need to knock off a couple of solid teams (maybe FSU and Virginia at home) and win a couple of more road games (likely vs. the bottom of the conference, like GT and Pitt).

But squeezing out 2 unexpected wins doesn't seem like a team that has "no shot". As of today, it's more likely than not that this team won't make it, but it's hyperbole to say it has no chance.

Advertisement
Stone could continue to get better (and play more) and Sam has some flashes of adequacy. If DJ and Lykes and Kam all get hot in the same game we could beat anyone. And almost did last year with questionable roster talent. Odds may be low but there is some reason for optimism or at least hope for a few underdog wins.

And who knows, maybe Beverly will get woke and wong will get wight.

You people must be watching something different than me, because I'm not seeing a team with any shot at the NCAAT.

Saturday night will tell us a lot in my opinion.

We just squeaked by with a win against a very subpar Clemson squad this year. Just as anybody else, I am happy with a successful start to the ACC reg. season slate....but let's see how we match up in round 2 of high quality ACC competition quite a ways after the Louisville shellacking. We give the Dukies a game, it will go a long way.

Unfortunately, I must agree with you. For us to win against ACC competition, we need 55 points from our three scorers. That's a tall order, game after game, to ask them all to be "on."

Imagine how good the team would be if they used the other two remaining scholarships on grad transfers. But, Coach L wants everyone to see the growth and development of Rodney Miller. I know Rodney lost 45 lbs but I was hoping to see more.

Advertisement
Saturday night will tell us a lot in my opinion.

We just squeaked by with a win against a very subpar Clemson squad this year. Just as anybody else, I am happy with a successful start to the ACC reg. season slate....but let's see how we match up in round 2 of high quality ACC competition quite a ways after the Louisville shellacking. We give the Dukies a game, it will go a long way.

Well, definitely not the way I wanted that to go. 😔

Trying to play this season in the ACC with Miller and Gak at Center was delusional to begin with. Add poor coaching and a poorly motivated players and this season was doomed from the start. I just hope they start giving Walker some serious playing time to develop him for next season at the PF position. They also need to try to develop some confidence with Wong because he looks like a deer lost in the headlights out there and the coaching staff has done nothing to develop him so far.

Advertisement
10% chance to make the tourney, if that

I'd say 50/50 as of now on whether this team even makes the NIT

Advertisement
Back