Team Assessment (Mostly me *****ing)

BS85

D before E
Premium
Offense
-TVD can't read defenses, especially zones (specifically quarters). It's holding the offense back in a big, big way. He has tremendous arm talent but his thought process is to stare down Restrepo and throw it to him no matter what....or get flustered. There’s way too much talent to have that be the way our offense works. His stats look good but when it really matters he shrinks, just not a mentally tough guy. It would certainly help if the run game took some pressure off him.
-TE, wtf are we doing? It's probably the most talented position on the team and we dont use them whatsoever. Dawson needs to get them involved, very concerning he hasn't done it yet but he doesn't seem too concerned about it obviously.
-RB, way less talented than i thought going into the year. Need to see more players get in the game and ******* play Chris Johnson. This is the second or third game he's played one snap....so stupid.
-WR, way better than last year. I think more players need to play though. Colby didn't play well so it was good to see others get in but we need to let Ray Ray, Brashard, Bama transfer, etc play. All the fast guys are on the bench. Brashard got in and torched them......funny how that works.
-O-line, good in pass protection but not amazing run blockers. I think part of this is the RBs but they still need to get much better. The sudden caveman style run game is hurting them as well.....im sure a lot of us suspect what's going on there.
-Coaching, where is all the creativity we saw early? Especially in the run game, feels like Lashlee is back.

Defense
-D tackles got butt ****ed in the second half. There are some solid players there but they're all small and there's no depth. Sadly, this is not and has not been addressed but Mario or Fat Joe (who should be fired unless he pulls in 3 or more studs) so this will be a huge issue next year as well. This position is really hard to solve in the portal and takes time to develop so we're probably a few years out from this position being a strength. Mario is trying to get these guys like crazy but can't, pretty concerning tbh since his only real worth is as a recruiter/o-line developer.
-Ends, Bain is that dude. There are no other game changers but there is young talent so this position is in good shape for the future imo.
-Safety, most overrated duo I've ever seen at Miami. James Williams is a walking personal foul and a liability in coverage. Kam makes some amazing plays but is a huge net negative as he gives up countless back breaking plays which kill/turn momentum in games. Both are selfish and lack discipline.
-Linebackers, didn’t play too well yesterday. Flagg isn't good as we all know but the coaches keep playing him so whatever (spare me slurpers, i dont give a ****). Hopefully younger players start getting more burn. They're pretty slow overall. Also, hopefully Smith never plays another snap. He was in for 3 snaps yesterday and made a ridiculously stupid personal foul.
-Corners, they play hard but they're just physically limited both in size and speed. The safeties leave them out to dry quite a bit as well. Besides DT this position needs a massive infusion of talent which wont happen and, therefore, the team's ceiling will continue to be limited. Addae is ******* garbage and has been since the day he got to UM. Unless he gets multiple 5 star corners, he should be fired.

Coaching
Dawson, hard to say if he's good or not. The offense looked great the first 4 games but I suspect the caveman can't help but getinvolved and we all know that dip**** knows nothing about scheme. The running game has severely regressed in creativity. I think TVDs inability to look at more than one receiver really limits what this offense could be as well. Not using the TEs is inexcusable though, that's definitely on him.

-Guidry, i think this guy is legit but he has bad or average DBs who freelance all the time. The linebackers are okay but not amazing and the d-line is small and has a hard time getting pressure on their own. He needs to adjust to this level of football but i think he's a good coach.

-Mario, guy works his *** off and he could be a great CEO type coach but he doesn't seem able to stay away from.the offense..this is just a hunch.

Problem with Mario is he's a recruiter first and foremost but he's not addressing the biggest issues on the team which are corners and DTs. You can't depend on the portal for those positions so this is extremely concerning. Quarterback recruiting is concerning as well, even if Emory turns out to be legit. He can recruit, but can be out recruit the ever growing suck tax? If he cant the program is cooked.

The one good thing is i think a lot of.us are becoming apathetic so the losses don't sting as much....so there's that.

Advertisement
I agree Mario clearly saw that the offense was working well. And then instructed his OC to do the total opposite. and to coach his QB to throw 5 picks.

He’s so over involved, I mean just look at him not forcing his OC to call for knee he’s definitely a super meddling HC.

SmartSelect_20231014_124913_Video Player.gif

I agree Mario clearly saw that the offense was working well. And then instructed his OC to do the total opposite. and to coach his QB to throw 5 picks.

He’s so over involved, I mean just look at him not forcing his OC to call for knee he’s definitely a super meddling HC.
I warned this thread was not for slurpers.

Also, i hope im wrong but what else would explain the change in the running attack? I could absolutely be wrong but it seemed way more diverse prior to the bye.

Advertisement
48 passes. 26 runs.
Run game was working we played into what they wanted to do defensively
And our defense was forced into their base set with tempo the second half keeping the pressure off Maye.

Offense
-TVD can't read defenses, especially zones (specifically quarters). It's holding the offense back in a big, big way. He has tremendous arm talent but his thought process is to stare down Restrepo and throw it to him no matter what....or get flustered. There’s way too much talent to have that be the way our offense works. His stats look good but when it really matters he shrinks, just not a mentally tough guy. It would certainly help if the run game took some pressure off him.
-TE, wtf are we doing? It's probably the most talented position on the team and we dont use them whatsoever. Dawson needs to get them involved, very concerning he hasn't done it yet but he doesn't seem too concerned about it obviously.
-RB, way less talented than i thought going into the year. Need to see more players get in the game and ******* play Chris Johnson. This is the second or third game he's played one snap....so stupid.
-WR, way better than last year. I think more players need to play though. Colby didn't play well so it was good to see others get in but we need to let Ray Ray, Brashard, Bama transfer, etc play. All the fast guys are on the bench. Brashard got in and torched them......funny how that works.
-O-line, good in pass protection but not amazing run blockers. I think part of this is the RBs but they still need to get much better. The sudden caveman style run game is hurting them as well.....im sure a lot of us suspect what's going on there.
-Coaching, where is all the creativity we saw early? Especially in the run game, feels like Lashlee is back.

Defense
-D tackles got butt ****ed in the second half. There are some solid players there but they're all small and there's no depth. Sadly, this is not and has not been addressed but Mario or Fat Joe (who should be fired unless he pulls in 3 or more studs) so this will be a huge issue next year as well. This position is really hard to solve in the portal and takes time to develop so we're probably a few years out from this position being a strength. Mario is trying to get these guys like crazy but can't, pretty concerning tbh since his only real worth is as a recruiter/o-line developer.
-Ends, Bain is that dude. There are no other game changers but there is young talent so this position is in good shape for the future imo.
-Safety, most overrated duo I've ever seen at Miami. James Williams is a walking personal foul and a liability in coverage. Kam makes some amazing plays but is a huge net negative as he gives up countless back breaking plays which kill/turn momentum in games. Both are selfish and lack discipline.
-Linebackers, didn’t play too well yesterday. Flagg isn't good as we all know but the coaches keep playing him so whatever (spare me slurpers, i dont give a ****). Hopefully younger players start getting more burn. They're pretty slow overall. Also, hopefully Smith never plays another snap. He was in for 3 snaps yesterday and made a ridiculously stupid personal foul.
-Corners, they play hard but they're just physically limited both in size and speed. The safeties leave them out to dry quite a bit as well. Besides DT this position needs a massive infusion of talent which wont happen and, therefore, the team's ceiling will continue to be limited. Addae is ******* garbage and has been since the day he got to UM. Unless he gets multiple 5 star corners, he should be fired.

Coaching
Dawson, hard to say if he's good or not. The offense looked great the first 4 games but I suspect the caveman can't help but getinvolved and we all know that dip**** knows nothing about scheme. The running game has severely regressed in creativity. I think TVDs inability to look at more than one receiver really limits what this offense could be as well. Not using the TEs is inexcusable though, that's definitely on him.

-Guidry, i think this guy is legit but he has bad or average DBs who freelance all the time. The linebackers are okay but not amazing and the d-line is small and has a hard time getting pressure on their own. He needs to adjust to this level of football but i think he's a good coach.

-Mario, guy works his *** off and he could be a great CEO type coach but he doesn't seem able to stay away from.the offense..this is just a hunch.

Problem with Mario is he's a recruiter first and foremost but he's not addressing the biggest issues on the team which are corners and DTs. You can't depend on the portal for those positions so this is extremely concerning. Quarterback recruiting is concerning as well, even if Emory turns out to be legit. He can recruit, but can be out recruit the ever growing suck tax? If he cant the program is cooked.

The one good thing is i think a lot of.us are becoming apathetic so the losses don't sting as much....so there's that.
If Mario was a better Xs and Os coach his job at recruiting would be alot easier. He's whiffing on elite prospects because they're seeing through the bullsh*t. Look at BV at OU. To my knowledge he wasn't really known as a great recruiter at Clemson, but players see his scheme and that he knows defense and want to play for him. That has carried over to Oklahoma as well. His defenses are playing great and he's getting high caliber recruits.

Offense

Defense

Coaching

Well-reasoned assessment.

Advertisement
Agree with everything except Mario f'ing up the offense. That's on Dawson. Lack of motion, creativity, trick plays, no TE, and no use of our speed players (CJ, B Smith, Ray, etc.).

RB's are huge disappointment. No explosion or speed. 1 run of 30 yards or more all season (vs. prevent defense so shouldnt really count). Parrish and Chaney are nice "chain movers" but in todays' football you need chunk plays and ability to break one at anytime. Puts all the pressure on TVD to move the ball down the field.

And yeah, we'll be living in the portal all off-season. Hoping for a true WR1

Offense

Defense

Coaching

No lies detected

Advertisement
Back