Official TE Riley Williams drops a top 4… COMMITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can we take three TE's in one year? do they nudge one of the other two out?
Bunch of reasons

1. Will Gone this year
2. Elijah probably a junior draftee
3. Leaves us with Skinner and Mammerelli
4. They are three different
A. Riley is the pass catcher
B. Reid is the blocker that can catch a couple
C. Carver has a very high ceiling that is about 2-3 years away.
5. IC counters

I miss anything?

Advertisement
If Mammarelli can't get much playing time this year I can see him hitting the portal. I don't think he has a single catch yet, was he injured last season? That would leave Arroyo, Skinner and Brantley with the latter 2 being more hybrid/flex types. I can't hate on taking 3 TE's this year, especially if the 3rd is Riley Williams who is one of the best in the country according to the rankings. You could redshirt 2 out of the 3 and create some roster balance. Also, I know it's a bit early for the '24 class, but maybe their initial thoughts on next year's TE group makes them comfortable taking 3 for '23.

I may be crazy, but Riley cancels his Oregon visit this weekend. Why not visit unless your mind is made up already. And if he's decided on Miami, would not shock me to see him back here this weekend for Legends.

Advertisement
If Mammarelli can't get much playing time this year I can see him hitting the portal. I don't think he has a single catch yet, was he injured last season? That would leave Arroyo, Skinner and Brantley with the latter 2 being more hybrid/flex types. I can't hate on taking 3 TE's this year, especially if the 3rd is Riley Williams who is one of the best in the country according to the rankings. You could redshirt 2 out of the 3 and create some roster balance. Also, I know it's a bit early for the '24 class, but maybe their initial thoughts on next year's TE group makes them comfortable taking 3 for '23.
At times Gattis wants to punish people. Straight bully ball 13 personnel. If you’re running 3 TE sets we need at least 7-8 on the roster every year.

Bunch of reasons

1. Will Gone this year
2. Elijah probably a junior draftee
3. Leaves us with Skinner and Mammerelli
4. They are three different
A. Riley is the pass catcher
B. Reid is the blocker that can catch a couple
C. Carver has a very high ceiling that is about 2-3 years away.
5. IC counters

I miss anything?
Brantley 👀

Advertisement
The easy answer… is a question.

Which one of the three 6’6” 230lb 17 year olds becomes Eric Winston?
This isn’t Iowa but who knows what could happen. Winston was also a 260 pound freshman. Not 225. I get it. Could happen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami is due to finally beat Bama for a te, it’s been **** near five months since we’ve last did it.
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

Their emergence is confusing and annoying to say the least. **** is hard enough and now here comes drunk and racist PapaJohns slangin Franklins trying to make up for dropping N Bombs like he was raised in Bama circa the 60s
I look at them like the Nebraska of a few years ago. Kids get bagged up and sold another bag of goods then eventually realize that a school that will never win anything meaningful and stuck in a ****** town so they Portal.

I look at them like the Nebraska of a few years ago. Kids get bagged up and sold another bag of goods then eventually realize that a school that will never win anything meaningful and stuck in a ****** town so they Portal.
I dont recall Nebraska going this hard though. I guess they did have that Riley kid who was the. CB or whatever his name was committed for a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back