Taylor turned down $600K to return

Advertisement
If that's the case, Mario needs to start explaining why he needs an undrafted defensive tackle for his defense to be successful.

The reality is, for this team to turn the corner, they are going to have to start getting better players. Champions are not built around guys like Leonard Taylor.

Leonard Taylor would be a championship level player had he had sufficient push and was able to play his position of 3 tech.

Nothing in his hs film or early film showed he would be a 1 or 0 tech...his entire high school tape were filled with swim moves..him playing end..him getting up the field, etc.

He actually played the 1 alot last year which i would give credit for..where he messed up was leaving early shouldve came back and ran at the 3 tech this year with Clark and change the words on his work ethic, etc that were out there that obviously caused him to not get drafted.

But when he signed he was on a 3 yr roadmap regardless of situation n well he played himself.

Yall talking about Taylor in hindsight. But ignoring the fact that he 100% doesn't go undrafted if he didn't completely bomb the proday/combine workouts
yup especially considering this was a weak dt class. this is why i think he came out...

then he bombed EVERYTHING...Soooooo many of the drafted dts he is way more talented than.....but dude had the lazy tag, work ethic, aloof tag then proved em right with the combine n im sure he interviewed terribly because nothing showed that was his game whenever is aw him speak.

Now he will be fighting for a practice squad spot....he'll flash though because he legitimately can play .....but hes way behind the 8 ball

Yo what happened to Cohen. I don't get why he went undrafted.
I was listening to an NFL scouts podcast about a week before the draft and it said that he was dropping on teams boards after they went back and watched the tape. They really liked his pass sets but when they looked at his run game he left a lot to be desired with him driving d-line his lower half would stall. I still think he makes a roster this year

He rolled the dice. If he makes the Jets he slightly wins and if he doesn’t he loses big. The NFL minimum is now 795K.
UDFA's also reach free agency in 3 years vs 4 years if you're drafted.

I know this isn't the thread for the positive possibilities - but if he proves to be an NFL player he'll hit free agency in 3 years vs 5 years if he came back and got drafted.

Advertisement
Hopefully this can be a lesson to the other players.
Nah it won't be. These players circle are bigger than what the coaches are telling them. I personally know the people who were representing LT for the draft. Dude bought an expensive *** house already for his mom, and now that he wasn't drafted...he's gonna have to pay up some serious money soon.

These players get advice based on various website, and according the agents I know, all that stuff is BS. There are two reputable website regarding draft stocks and that doesn't really get take into serious consideration until week 6 or 7.

You may be right.

But the issues of "bombing the Pro Day" and "not being wanted back by Miami" are related.

Low energy. Minimal effort. No improvement.

Are we honestly thinking that Taylor was going to suddenly wake up, after multiple years, to put forth a great Pro Day performance?
BareMinimum.gif

Yall talking about Taylor in hindsight. But ignoring the fact that he 100% doesn't go undrafted if he didn't completely bomb the proday/combine workouts
Yeah, but he had to know he was going to divebomb the combine. How could he not know this?

Advertisement
Not so sure. Each class seems to find curious and foolhardy ways to make one-off idiotic decisions.

The one bird in the hand - beats two birds in the bush.

Never - EVER - leave money on the table.
That reminds me of the story of my favorite wrestler of all, Sid Vicious.

In 1991 he was offered an inflation adjusted $1.732M to re-sign with World Championship Wrestling, along with a world title run. The money was guaranteed. The World Wrestling Federation countered with an offer of a run against then-WWF Champion Hulk Hogan. WWF contracts were not guaranteed and pay was based on placement of card, PPV revenue, merchandise, and ticket revenue.

Sid famously jumped to the WWF and ultimately main-evented WrestleMania 8. But the company went into a state of collapse due to previous booking decisions and various scandals. Sid did not earn equivalent pay despite his match with Hogan. He's called it his biggest mistake - not taking the guaranteed offer from WCW.

600k at age 22? Unless you're going high in the draft, you take that money and throw it all into your Vanguard brokerage.

Even a ******* money market is getting 5%.

Good lord he would have been in great shape!

Let’s say he just put 400K of that in strong mutual funds or S&P 500 and it got average return of 10% from age 22 to age 58.

Does nobody teach these kids financial literacy????

That 400K at age 58 would be worth roughly 14.4 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!

But why would anyone want to do that when you can just leave for the nfl not get drafted and be looking for a 9-5 by October of this year.

Let’s say he just put 400K of that in strong mutual funds or S&P 500 and it got average return of 10% from age 22 to age 58.

Does nobody teach these kids financial literacy????

That 400K at age 58 would be worth roughly 14.4 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!

But why would anyone want to do that when you can just leave for the nfl not get drafted and be looking for a 9-5 by October of this year.
There is no way LT can do 9-5 he’s not white collar , he gave all that up .
LT doesn’t have the intestinal fortitude to do anything that’s not a free lunch , now he’s in for it big time real life reality is in the house now and there’s nothing he can do about it.
But go home soon and be raised again by his family and hopefully become an adult.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You must be new here
It can be done. We all point to Tommy Streeter as a huge mistake. But also remember from that time Golden gradually got players to stick around. Or at least that was the common knowledge in the PR room and among the fan base.

Edit: no it can't be done

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back