Taylor turned down $600K to return

Advertisement
1000042904.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sad part is that we could’ve used him at this point.
If that's the case, Mario needs to start explaining why he needs an undrafted defensive tackle for his defense to be successful.

The reality is, for this team to turn the corner, they are going to have to start getting better players. Champions are not built around guys like Leonard Taylor.

I looked at a 4th round DT from last season.

The only guaranteed money is the signing bonus, which was about $750k.

I’m sure he didn’t expect to completely fall out of the draft, but at the end of the season, again, who the **** is telling these kids they’re going to be high picks? You can literally walk onto greentree anytime and have your own “combine” to compare with your position group. Did he not know he was fat and slow? This **** is baffling to me.
It’s an epidemic. Taylor Gadbois told me he was a second rounder at worst, scouts talking to his dad etc.

Advertisement
It is only a matter of time before some kid goes through a process like this and goes back to college anyway.

With the breakdown of all the amateur rules in college athletics, hiring an agent and being eligible for a draft is a relatively arbitrary line in the sand. Do we really think the NCAA would be able to stop them after what the courts have done so far?

600k at age 22? Unless you're going high in the draft, you take that money and throw it all into your Vanguard brokerage.

Even a ******* money market is getting 5%.

Good lord he would have been in great shape!
Truth….winning post

Advertisement
Slow down, guys.

The article cites some guy Zach Soskin who I guess is an NIL advocate and he seems to suggest LT “could” have made that.

Let’s not criticize the players based on nothing but likely speculation.
Too late. As with a lot of other topics, people take the first thing they see on the internet and ingrain it as incontrovertible fact.

I don't buy that story or amount for a second. Credits USA Today, but I didn't find the source article on USA Today. Weird website to begin with as well. The source for Voltage Management whatever his name is, trash website with nothing on it besides let's connect. Weird all around and in today's internet, I'd write it off as someone / something trying to get their name out there.

On top of all of that, what player did people watch to think Taylor would be worth 600k. ****, 100k would've been a stretch.

Pretty sure he was basing that number on the current DT market where guys are getting $500K -$1 Million. He would’ve gotten that number easily either here, or from some other team.

I don't buy that story or amount for a second. Credits USA Today, but I didn't find the source article on USA Today. Weird website to begin with as well. The source for Voltage Management whatever his name is, trash website with nothing on it besides let's connect. Weird all around and in today's internet, I'd write it off as someone / something trying to get their name out there.

On top of all of that, what player did people watch to think Taylor would be worth 600k. ****, 100k would've been a stretch.
The number is probably inaccurate, but if you don't think he would have gotten more than the 110k UDFA contract with the jets, then I don't know what to tell you.

Had he stayed, he would have definitely gotten more than that. Whether or not he would have been worth it is a different argument.

Advertisement
Back