Taulia Tagovailoa

Why do we want EVERY player that goes into the portal? The last spot in this class should be for Dotson, an Olineman, or Moise if he qualifies. The portal should be used for like 3 players max a year.
I don't know, there's this other quarterback Jarren Williams also in the portal and we seem to be showing no interest in him

Advertisement

tenor - 2020-02-12T192447.660.gif

Advertisement
This and his older brother is overrated to begin with. Have no interest in either of them taking on a Miami uniform. Plus, I have a feeling that his family brings a lot of baggage if you get my drift.
Taulia isn't overrated. He is a very humble and polite young man. His family is a very cool group. My daughter went to school with Taulia and he was never some punk *** kid that lived off his brother. He worked his *** off everyday at Thompson. Pushing everyone to be better. My youngest son is currently in high school with his sister. Again they are great people.

I wasn't that impressed with him in high school.
He put this high school on the map. Prior to him coming here. We were a doormat. That young man pushed a team full of guys that weren't that talented. To playoffs and a state championship game. When if it was anybody else. That probably wouldn't have been the case. Those 2 years.

Him coming here. Has really pushed this entire town forward. To where Alabaster actually started to care about it's football team. Building a new stadium. Sinking tons of money into the program.

Pate season last year is a credit to Taulia. This guy had a huge impact on this town. This area and his team.

Does any of that equal him being a college great. I don't know that but what he did for us was impressive.

Taulia isn't overrated. He is a very humble and polite young man. His family is a very cool group. My daughter went to school with Taulia and he was never some punk *** kid that lived off his brother. He worked his *** off everyday at Thompson. Pushing everyone to be better. My youngest son is currently in high school with his sister. Again they are great people.

good to hear. Usually, when an entire family gets “taken care of” by a school, it’s rarely a promising sign. That said, good that they have character. Still stand by overrated comment, especially Tua.

Advertisement
Would be insane to have him start his first game against his old school. Does anybody know how good he actually is?
I live in Alabama and he went to my kids highschool, I saw him play a few times and honestly I wasnt that impressed, keep in mind I saw him in limited action however my son went to the majority of the games and feels the same way. Alot of people feel that the only reason he is on UA's team is because of big bro. Again I may be looking through to much green and orange it's just my opinion.

He put this high school on the map. Prior to him coming here. We were a doormat. That young man pushed a team full of guys that weren't that talented. To playoffs and a state championship game. When if it was anybody else. That probably wouldn't have been the case. Those 2 years.

Him coming here. Has really pushed this entire town forward. To where Alabaster actually started to care about it's football team. Building a new stadium. Sinking tons of money into the program.

Pate season last year is a credit to Taulia. This guy had a huge impact on this town. This area and his team.

Does any of that equal him being a college great. I don't know that but what he did for us was impressive.
I live in Alabaster as well and you are correct in your comments, I did respond to an earlier post, I just dont see it it in him however I could be totally wrong (wouldn't be the first time).

Good stuff. Always interesting to get local perspectives. I know one of your City Councilmembers and she speaks highly of the kid and his family.

He transferred from St. Louie in Hawaii to his HS in Alabama. I can definitely see him transferring, BUT I think he ends up at UCF, FIU, or FAU.

He’s definitely physically gifted, but it seems like he still just as raw as he was coming out of HS.

Advertisement
Moving that entire family, including housing and logistics, jobs, etc, must’ve set the Alabama boosters back several hundreds of thousands of dollars. Could be into the seven figures

Nothing to see here NCAA

More or less, this is my point.

Either "they have great character" and they don't need to uproot the family based on where Tua is drafted (and the "rumor" is ridiculous)...

Or, they do move to Miami, and maybe the whole "great character" thing is overstated.

Just my opinion on the matter. I've seen plenty of "Christians" behave in a non-Christian manner, so I tend to put more weight on the actions rather than the "niceness/politeness" factor.

Advertisement
No team could outbid the Phins. I'm sure other teams are talking about trading up for Tua now that his hip has healed

Here's to you being right. 🍻

People always ask me why I don't like Tua. I laugh and tell them I like the kid's game a ton, and that risk taking style got him 4 surgeries....I wouldn't want him to change.

Miami's OL situation? Basically starting from square one. Tua has been playing behind top end bought OL at Alabama and still got banged up good. I just can't see in a can't miss situation making him your franchise guy...even sitting him behind FitzMagic a year. JMO. Also, if we get him, I hope they clarify about going low on QBs and throw in ankles with the knees. Lol

More or less, this is my point.

Either "they have great character" and they don't need to uproot the family based on where Tua is drafted (and the "rumor" is ridiculous)...

Or, they do move to Miami, and maybe the whole "great character" thing is overstated.

Just my opinion on the matter. I've seen plenty of "Christians" behave in a non-Christian manner, so I tend to put more weight on the actions rather than the "niceness/politeness" factor.
IDK why it signals bad character by putting family over a football team? You think it wiouldn't serve im better to stick in Alabama where he has a better team RN?

Being overrated and being a stand up person who works hard are two completely different things.

Being overrated and being a stand up person who works hard are two completely different things.
He was a low 4 star coming out of HS. Which is where his ranking fit him. He didn't have a high ranking like his brother.

Taulia is actually pretty good. Quick decision making. Very accurate and can scan the field. Keeps his head up at all the time and unlike some QB. That play at ****** programs. He lifts the team up around him. That's evident by taking a 5-5 team and taking them to 12-1. His 1st season. This isn't in some farm league.

Not implying your saying this but people on this site are funny. This guy is being called overrated, but i would bet anything. He would've ate Perry and Williams lunch had he come here.

He's not some clown. That would play games stoned or had any off filed issues. He wouldn't have been satisfied with losing. Guys on this team would've put on for him.

Had he and his brother came here. They would've been innocent of any wrong doing because they moved to Miami and not Alabaster. People on here don't know them. All it comes down to is speculation. Bama is a big bag school. Why would they leave Hawaii for Alabaster. I can assure you that once they got here. They regretted it because of all the **** trains but this family is tight and they are loved here.

Advertisement
Back