Tathan Martell

I’m all for Tate stepping up and winning the starting role as quarterback at the University of Miami. I think he will do great things during his tenure at the U. But I also feel the same about Jarren and N’Kosi. Either or I think the one who steps his game up to another level over the summer months by working relentlessly with his WR group will pay dividends going into Fall camp. I pray, and want, one of the 3 to be clearly heads and shoulders above the other 2 by then so a starter can be named and the offense tailored around his strengths. But to think one of the 3 has been anointed already I believe is a bit premature
The interesting thing is the Enos comment that he will tailor the offense to whomever wins the job. If Martell can't succeed under center, then I ask, how can he win the job? I mean, I think the competition is going to be judged on a whole. If Perry and Williams are far better than Martell under center, but Martell is only slightly better than the other two in the shotgun, then how do you judge the QBs as a whole? If Martell wins the job, but doesn't improve his passing from under center, then you've eliminated all the passing plays from under center while the defense is loading up against the run in that formation saying, "I dare you you to beat me with the pass from under center." The defense won't respect passing out of that formation. It's an interesting dichotomy.

Advertisement
Tate don't be Bullsh*tting...Jesus..
20190515_094902.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
All three of our QBs are basically on the same talent level but only one of them is box office. Tate's brand is bigger than the other two combined. His play style will put fans in the seats (money) and his personality will get us media coverage (money).

For those who watched Clemson's spring game what is the one thing Dabo wanted to see from Lawrence the most? Extend plays. Who's the best at that on our roster...
LOL

Advertisement
Back