Tates Future

And, if he didn't show up to practiSe because he didn't get the starting qb job, he need to stand up apologize to everyone .

Advertisement
52A14469-287B-4909-A1B0-645543CCEEFD.jpeg

If Tate wants to have a future where he makes money playing football, he needs to switch to more of an H-Back role. It's obvious that he doesn't have what it takes to play QB at an elite level, but he's still a great athlete.

He could be a Taysom Hill type of player. A good coach can create packages for a player like him. Mix things up. Catch passes out of the backfield. Block. Run.

Sometimes things don't go your way but you have to adapt and overcome.
WR yes but not h back

Advertisement
I believe he could be a great college QB under someone like Urban or Frost.

We brought him in but a pocket passer capable of hitting downfield routes from under center always seemed to be the type of player that would best fit Enos’ system.

Not sure why we brought in Tate if we weren’t going to roll out an Urban-style power spread to fit his talent.

Guess it helped us land some west coast kids and light a fire under Jarren? Still hoping Tate stays because his chance could come at any moment.

It did have that Brock Berlin feeling to me as well. Coker learned first hand in the Gator game how proficient he was from shotgun, and then would move him back under center. Why bring him in at all if you are going to move him away from what he has always known on a 2 year transfer?

Same with Martell. Ballsy choice IMHO to come to a system and new OC that you KNOW is going to place an emphasis on throwing mechanics and pocket passing. That said, that hasn't been his emphasis everywhere he has been. Understandable, like Tebow, he went the "safer" route out of high school to run an offense that placed a premium on his running ability. He could have gone elsewhere for the same type of thing....he chose not to... it was an interesting move for both parties to be honest.

UM

Advertisement
He can definitely play at this level. If he’s not a QB, than half of QB’s in college football need to change positions too. The thing is he’s such a good athlete that it leads to that more with him to compensate.
Read my post again. I specifically said if he wants to make money playing football. As in being an NFL player. Dudes not gonna be an NFL QB. College sure, but again that's not what I was talking about.

Advertisement
Back