Tate Martell

The fact that a 5 star is publicly listing us in his final list is a good thing. That goes to show that Richts name is doing the work alone and the rich history of Miami. However, I find it strange that a guy who doesn't have an offer from us, we haven't recruited him and he has never visited would have us listed in his final 7. I live in Atlanta and follow UGA. Richt doesn't recruit dual qbs so his interest in playing for Richt also is strange. I also don't understand why Richt has Perry #1 on our board. I love Perry but he doesn't fit into Richts style of offense unless Richt is going to change some things up. Richt took a lot of heat last season because of the success of Deshawn Watson who they blame Richt for not landing as he went to highschool right down the street from UGA.

Advertisement
The fact that a 5 star is publicly listing us in his final list is a good thing. That goes to show that Richts name is doing the work alone and the rich history of Miami. However, I find it strange that a guy who doesn't have an offer from us, we haven't recruited him and he has never visited would have us listed in his final 7. I live in Atlanta and follow UGA. Richt doesn't recruit dual qbs so his interest in playing for Richt also is strange. I also don't understand why Richt has Perry #1 on our board. I love Perry but he doesn't fit into Richts style of offense unless Richt is going to change some things up. Richt took a lot of heat last season because of the success of Deshawn Watson who they blame Richt for not landing as he went to highschool right down the street from UGA.

Coaches change and a good coach can use different types of players. IMO if he went after Perry as hard as he did, he has a good reason.

Advertisement

He did ok coaching Charlie Ward. Shockley was considered his first recruit at UGA and he was also a semi dual threat. Had over 300 yrds rushing his sr season. By all accounts Perry is more of a passer that can run than a running qb.

Gainesville is not right down the street from uga.... Clarke central highschool is literally...

Just wants a free vacation. I'm down with Perry and Weldon. Thank you but, no thank you

This, but I must admit I am a little shocked the staff took Weldon over James Blackman, just wait until that kid gets in a college weight room, his arm will be even stronger, I was hoping we took Perry and Blackman this class, I have yet to see what Weldon can do especially with him coming off injury.

I really like Blackman as well. Weldon had the family ties to Richt. But, I do think Weldon is going to blow it up this year he was pretty impressive as a sophomore, missed his junior season because of injury. Expect a very good senior campaign from him

Advertisement
Just wants a free vacation. I'm down with Perry and Weldon. Thank you but, no thank you

This, but I must admit I am a little shocked the staff took Weldon over James Blackman, just wait until that kid gets in a college weight room, his arm will be even stronger, I was hoping we took Perry and Blackman this class, I have yet to see what Weldon can do especially with him coming off injury.

I really like Blackman as well. Weldon had the family ties to Richt. But, I do think Weldon is going to blow it up this year he was pretty impressive as a sophomore, missed his junior season because of injury. Expect a very good senior campaign from him

Weldon is better....thats why

Lol the kid is really lobbying to get a free visit here. He just needs to stay away, he couldn't hold Perry's or Weldon's jockstraps

LOL at Perry being considered a dual threat. He is pro style QB all the way. he had 33 TD passes based on 247 profile stats.

I would say Perry is shifty like Aaron Rodgers.

Advertisement
LOL at Perry being considered a dual threat. He is pro style QB all the way. he had 33 TD passes based on 247 profile stats.

he also had 10 rushing TD's, looks like you don't know what you're talking about

Maybe you should watch his hudl before running your mouth
Jr. Highlights (NP7) - N'kosi Perry highlights - Hudl

I watched all 18 minutes of his highlights. I counted 13 runs of 10+ yards. Lets say I missed 2 so round to 15. That is still not dual threat QB. A high school dual threat QB has probably around 1000 yards rushing. Kosi wont due that. He will pass 80-90% of time outside redzone.

He had 10 rushing TD but they all in red zone. I dont really count that as dual threat.

Look at Manziel or Watson stats in high school for a dual threat QB

Johnny Manziel's Football Stats | MaxPreps

Deshaun Watson's (Gainesville, GA) Football Stats | MaxPreps

Last edited:

he also had 10 rushing TD's, looks like you don't know what you're talking about

I watched all 18 minutes of his highlights. I counted 13 runs of 10+ yards. Lets say I missed 2 so round to 15. That is still not dual threat QB. A high school dual threat QB has probably around 1000 yards rushing. Kosi wont due that. He will pass 80-90% of time outside redzone.

He had 10 rushing TD but they all in red zone. I dont really count that as dual threat.

I agree with you completely, his true talent comes in the passing game. That's not saying that he can't be a QB in a spread offense, but he definitely has all the tools to be an elite pocket passer. IMO he has the ability to take the job from Allison if he struggles.

Advertisement

It also doesn't mean he isn't a dual threat. It isn't defined by yards and if you think it is you're foolish.

Last edited:

It also doesn't mean he isn't a dual threat. It isn't defined by yards and if you think it is you're foolish.

Labeling someone a DT is actually saying that. I wouldn't call Aaron Rodgers a DTQB. But that doesn't mean he cant run for TD's in the RZ. Brady gets alot of 4th and shorts, or goalline qb sneaks, does that make him a DT? I'd call Andrew Luck a pocket passer even though he easily can run over people.

Labeling someone a DT is actually saying that. I wouldn't call Aaron Rodgers a DTQB. But that doesn't mean he cant run for TD's in the RZ. Brady gets alot of 4th and shorts, or goalline qb sneaks, does that make him a DT? I'd call Andrew Luck a pocket passer even though he easily can run over people.

J.T. Barrett |MaxPreps : JT Barrett

Anu Solomon's (Las Vegas, NV) Football Stats | MaxPreps : Anu Solomon

Well what do you know?? Two guys who are legit DT QB's but didn't go over 1,000 yards in high school

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back