Tate Martell đź‘€

Interesting situation. Martell doesn't want to sit and wait or compete with Fields. What does he think about Hurts coming to Miami as well? Hurts wants to go somewhere he knows he'll start. I feel if we get Hurts then Martell goes elsewhere. I like Martells swag but I would take Hurts, his leadership, experience and relationship with the new OC. Can't wait to see this play out.

Advertisement
Interesting situation. Martell doesn't want to sit and wait or compete with Fields. What does he think about Hurts coming to Miami as well? Hurts wants to go somewhere he knows he'll start. I feel if we get Hurts then Martell goes elsewhere. I like Martells swag but I would take Hurts, his leadership, experience and relationship with the new OC. Can't wait to see this play out.
Do you really think Tate would have got a fair shot against Fields. It would be such a bad look on OSU for Fields to come in and sit

Do you really think Tate would have got a fair shot against Fields. It would be such a bad look on OSU for Fields to come in and sit
Probably not. Martell has a huge ego and wants to start immediately. He won't want another year of sitting. Hurts isn't coming to sit either. No one wants to be a back up anymore. We need this guy.
pIRL3eX6_400x400.jpg

They don’t take full course loads all year round. I can’t see how he graduates in 21/2 years. Kids who attend for academics can barely graduate in 3 with Ap credits.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespu...-could-influence-where-tate-martell-lands/amp

From the article:

"The timing of a departure raises more questions. He is believed to be on track to graduate in May, which would enable him to go to another program and be eligible immediately."

Meyer always had rpo qb's, it was the reason I always thought he was a gimmick coach. I wanted no part of that offense for years. Haskins different qb though. First real drop back passing qb he had sans maybe Leak at UiF, and calling him a drop back passer is a stretch. Meyer had Tebow type qb's everywhere he was, even at Bowling Green. Personally I thought that held OSU back for years, which I was happy about. At this point after years of terrible qb play, I don't care what we do anymore. Just win

I know you really have decent things to say but it’s REALLY hard to read it with that avatar of yours...my eyes are constantly glancing back over at it and I’m reading sHT 3-4 times🤣

Advertisement
B

Laughable. Everybody murders Rutgers. That's like saying our QB looked great against Savannah State. Don't overlook our horrendous blocking and how that affects a QB. Ohio State had great blocking and a great run game. Any QB should look good in their offense. He's just mediocre which is why they went after and got Fields.

I'm from the Midwest. I watch Big 10 football a lot. From what I've seen of his few snaps, He's not the dude. Would have been 3rd string if their 2nd string guy didn't transfer to LSU. He's too short. Moreover, he plays short. Very mechanical in his arm motion and delivery. His game reminds me of Rosier. Better runner than passer. Will get a lot of balls batted down and has a hard time seeing the field.

Our QB room has better arm talent than Martell. They're young and just need to be coached better. They will thrive under Enos. Martell can come in and compete if he wants. Best case is he's a backup to either N'kosi or Jarren because one of them will transfer after the other becomes the starter in either 2019 or 2020 depending on if Jalen Hurts transfers to Miami. I pencil in Hurts as the starter because he already knows the Enos offense. But, don't get it twisted, I think N'kosi and Jarren could compete with Hurts if Hurts didn't have the advantage of already knowing the playbook and working with Enos.

All you Martell lovers can keep sucking his *#%^ if you want. I'll pass!!!

So there’s no chance Enos could also make Martell a better QB under his tutelage 🤷‍♂️

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespu...-could-influence-where-tate-martell-lands/amp

From the article:

"The timing of a departure raises more questions. He is believed to be on track to graduate in May, which would enable him to go to another program and be eligible immediately."
If Tate transfers now, he would have to sit out a year no matter what. He could come in the summer if it's TRUE but he would know he would be a backup for a year.

At the end of the day, Tate might want to sit out and learn our new system and his jr and sr year, he will get all of the starts

Advertisement
I did't say that. I just don't think he's all that. Never did.
Obviously Ohio State didn't either. They recruited someone else knowing they had him and didn't care. At the end of the day, Martell has tremendous talent and a great feel. He going to have to learn to be a true QB. He is more of a system QB. But he needs to become a true QB. That's where he needs work but the ability and talent is there.

If Tate transfers now, he would have to sit out a year no matter what. He could come in the summer if it's TRUE but he would know he would be a backup for a year.

At the end of the day, Tate might want to sit out and learn our new system and his jr and sr year, he will get all of the starts

Do your homework before posting like u know.
Tate is on course to graduate in May. If he transfers he would be a graduate transfer which means he doesn’t have to sit out.

Advertisement
Obviously Ohio State didn't either. They recruited someone else knowing they had him and didn't care. At the end of the day, Martell has tremendous talent and a great feel. He going to have to learn to be a true QB. He is more of a system QB. But he needs to become a true QB. That's where he needs work but the ability and talent is there.
OK. At least you are reasonable. So many think he's some NFL ready QB. I just think we have guys with better arm talent already here. I will give it to him on the intangibles. He has leadership and is heady. Something that N'kosi hasn't shown. N'kosi could have locked down the starting job if he wasn't so immature and made such poor decisions. I will say this, "Being a QB is much more than just being a good passer and runner. The QB needs to be a leader of the team on and off the field."

Last edited:
you think Williams and perry are better prospects than this kid? Anddddd you compared his game to Malik Rosier...

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/ge...1-b4d2-002655e6c45a&gendersport=boys,football

Williams nor perry put up these type numbers nor where as highly regarded as this kid. He couldn’t beat out Haskins who will be a 1st Rd pick..perry or Williams couldn’t beat out Malik Rosier.
Open comp, my money is firmly on this cat to beat out both Williams and perry. The fact you said he’s too short. News flash, in today’s modern Os height doesn’t matter as much as it once did. See Russell Wilson, drew brees, Baker. Arm talent wise, this kid can every make throw perry or Williams can make and from his HS clips and his 28 college throws he looks more accurate than the two.

Lastly, this kid is a playmaker in the pocket and outside the pocket. Once again back to his highlights, he made accurate throws moving right and moving to his left which directly reflects natural arm talent.

Your right he hasn’t proven on the college level. But what has Williams or perry proven at this level other than they couldn’t beat out rosier? And yes Enos will enhance JDUB and perry. But that also includes martell If he’s here too
Yep. 5'11". Probably 5'9" or 5"'10". Not an issue with today's QBs except he plays small. Like Rosier, gets balls batted down and doesn't see the field well. All those high school stats mean nothing when your throwing to wide open receivers. Can he throw receivers open. Can he throw in tight windows. Go back and watch N'kosi's games against FIU, UNC, and FSU. forget about the percentages. Look at some of the elite throws he made that were well commented on by the game announcers.

I think N'kosi is an accurate passer as is Jarren even more. There are other factors that have contributed to a low completion percentage such as poor blocking, poor play calling, not enough time for routes to develop, and dropped passes. I've seen what N'kosi is capable of both good and bad. It's up to him which direction his playing career goes.

Advertisement
Yes I know. He would be like a summer arrival. most importantly he would be eligible to play immediately.
Yes. Let's assume Tate committed and said he will join the summer. We can still tell him that Jalen is the starter for 2019 but he's the backup.

If he transfer this semester, we could have major issues. N'kosi, Jarren and Cade could all put their names in the portal. They could leave us with just one eligible QB for 2019 in Hurts. It's best to have both on the roster. Even if Plumlee comes, I would rather redshirt him as a freshman. That would give him 2-3 years as a starter and time to develop mentality and physically as he is too small right now.

Hurts (Sr)
Martell (RsSo)
Plumlee (Fr)

Martell (RsJr)
Plumlee (RsFr)
2020 QB recruit

Martell (RsSr)
Plumlee (RsSo)
2020 QB recruit (RsFr)

Plumlee (RsJr)
2020 QB recruit (RsSo)
2021 QB recruit (Fr)

OK. At least you are reasonable. So many think he's some NFL ready QB. I just think we have guys with better arm talent already here. I will give it to him on the intangibles. He has leadership and is heady. Something that N'kosi hasn't shown. N'kosi could have locked down the starting job if he wasn't so immature and made such poor decisions. I will say this, "Being a QB is much more than just being a good passer and runner. The QB needs to be a leader of the team on and off the field."
I think the reason why so many of our fans like him is because he is accurate for that system and he has good tape. But he is nowhere close to NFL ready and I am pretty sure he isn't good enough at this POINT to beat Clemson, Bama, UGA, Ohio State with Fields. But he has a lot more development left in him.

I am completely unsold on Perry. Just doesn't have to will or drive for the QB position.

Jarren has potential but there is a reason he didn't play while have a ready body and throwing talent. Because his accuracy is terribad. 55% in HS. He has to really really develop to become a legit college star QB. But if Jarren develops, he could be a NFL prospect. He has the Football IQ, he has intangibles, and he crazy talented.

We had QB's talented play like Morris and Kaaya but Williams is more talented but his accuracy is FCS level right now. He is going to need a lot of development especially considering, he is not all that fast to rely on his legs.

If I am Jarren, I think I would go. Not because I don't think Enos can develop me. Just that if Tate comes, I won't see the field till my RS Senior year unless Tate leaves for the NFL as a Junior. He could transfer to Kentucky and start as a RS Soph while maybe not being all that ready, still getting early reps. I personally think he needs to wait to play ANYWHERE till his RS Junior season. He is just too raw when it comes to accuracy.

Advertisement
Back