Tarvarus McFadden and Sh'mar Kilby-Lane updates

6-2 CBs with athleticism dont grow on trees so I disagree with the not 5* caliber in this climate as big CBs are becoming the gold standard…a good db coach scheme and Mcfadden shines

We need to recognize "gym shorts" All-Americans when we see them. There are a lot of them these days with the boom of 7 on 7 over the past five years or so. To be at the top of the sport (5*) you need to have more than size and athleticism. I don't know much about McFadden, so I don't have an opinion on him -- I'm just making a general point on those types of kids. It's common to find kids that have every possible physical tool, but still aren't very good.

I'd rather take 5'9 Lamarcus Joyner than 6'2 [insert underachieving bust].

Advertisement
6-2 CBs with athleticism dont grow on trees so I disagree with the not 5* caliber in this climate as big CBs are becoming the gold standard…a good db coach scheme and Mcfadden shines

We need to recognize "gym shorts" All-Americans when we see them. There are a lot of them these days with the boom of 7 on 7 over the past five years or so. To be at the top of the sport (5*) you need to have more than size and athleticism. I don't know much about McFadden, so I don't have an opinion on him -- I'm just making a general point on those types of kids. It's common to find kids that have every possible physical tool, but still aren't very good.

Most definitely but McFadden can play and in a man aggressive scheme he can be a beast is he patrick peterson no but he is plenty good enough to write his ticket to any elite cfb program and start within 1.5 years

Most definitely but McFadden can play and in a man aggressive scheme he can be a beast is he patrick peterson no but he is plenty good enough to write his ticket to any elite cfb program and start within 1.5 years

I hate to admit it but no 6'2 cb that I remember has played like a 5* since smh (hate to say it) Antonio Cromartie in college. Now T-Mac is a very good cb in press I agree but 5*? No unless he has a really good pass rush that he knows backs him up

Pete, your description reminds me of Keith Brown. Clearly the two don't play the same position, but the "once the pads come on, he's not the same player" description.

Is that an accurate comparison when it comes to mentality?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back