Tarvarus McFadden and Sh'mar Kilby-Lane updates

Advertisement
Not sure if it was you who said it, might've been another writer, but pete would you consider McFadden overrated?

Not sure if it was you who said it, might've been another writer, but pete would you consider McFadden overrated?

"Overrated" is a strong word, but I do not think he is a 5-star as some people have rated him as. I feel like I've seen McFadden enough now in both pads and shorts to form a well-rounded opinion of him. His length and fluidity at a legit 6-2 is what stands out when you watch him especially in 7-on-7 settings, but he does not play like a 5-star corner/safety in pads. He is a solid 4-star player in my mind, but I don't see the explosiveness or physicality at his size that would warrant a 5-star rating.

Its a shame we are not appealing to Kirby-Lane.

We must step up on defense this year.

"Overrated" is a strong word, but I do not think he is a 5-star as some people have rated him as. I feel like I've seen McFadden enough now in both pads and shorts to form a well-rounded opinion of him. His length and fluidity at a legit 6-2 is what stands out when you watch him especially in 7-on-7 settings, but he does not play like a 5-star corner/safety in pads. He is a solid 4-star player in my mind, but I don't see the explosiveness or physicality at his size that would warrant a 5-star rating.

So Pete would say the Wimbush/Fitzpatrick package deal is a better and more likely option for Miami.

Also can we have an article with 2015 LB Ben Humphreys since Lane is out of the question and Humphreys has a strong interest in UM per your 3-10 work update. Also I don't think Stanford will have the room him, with 5 other LB's ranked higher on their board.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1382534.html

Humphreys won the SoCal Nike Camp LB MVP two weeks ago, he measured in at 6-2, 205 pounds but will be able to play at 230 easy down the road. He’s what you call a football player. He’s smart with a high football IQ, plays with an incredible work rate, has very good quickness and change of direction and was easily the most instinctual ‘backer in the group. He dominated the pass rush drills, looked great playing in space in run drills and was a natural in cover drills. His recruitment should definitely pick up following this event.

He beat out the nations #2 ranked OLB John Houston (has a UM offer) , who walked away with an invitation to the nike open.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I nhope you all remember Cook was still a Clemson commit 1 year ago............. kinda tells you that its a long way to go

Advertisement
DB should be the last position we should be worried about. **** everytime I look up a DB who we thought was "cant miss" is getting downgraded to a "middle of the pack" guy anyway. (Ex. Cole and McFadden) Nobody is really setting themselves apart from the rest. So as far as im concerned, just make sure we get our fair share of the pie and I could care less where the others wind up.

As far as Kilby Lane, Im not too heartbroken over losing any LBs this year that arent on "Willie Williams" type status. We stacked our chips pretty well in that dept last year.

DB should be the last position we should be worried about. **** everytime I look up a DB who we thought was "cant miss" is getting downgraded to a "middle of the pack" guy anyway. (Ex. Cole and McFadden) Nobody is really setting themselves apart from the rest. So as far as im concerned, just make sure we get our fair share of the pie and I could care less where the others wind up.

As far as Kilby Lane, Im not too heartbroken over losing any LBs this year that arent on "Willie Williams" type status. We stacked our chips pretty well in that dept last year.

I agree with the first paragraph but the second? Beside Young and Owens, no one is a pure LB that can cover. Also don't see how you wouldn't take a guy that may be better than any of the guys you've picked up recently. Doesn't matter how stacked you think our chips are, if we have a chance to get one of the better LB's in the country we better execute.

I agree with the first paragraph but the second? Beside Young and Owens, no one is a pure LB that can cover. Also don't see how you wouldn't take a guy that may be better than any of the guys you've picked up recently. Doesn't matter how stacked you think our chips are, if we have a chance to get one of the better LB's in the country we better execute.

Grace can cover

Advertisement

I think Mike Smith will end up a LB too so thats 3 from last years class. And then you have Grace. So thats 3 freshmen and a soph to go along with a good stable of Jr in Kirby/McCord/Armbrister so thats 7 over the next 2 years. This kid is good and all but if he has no interest in us whatsoever its not like we should be heartbroken.

IMO He is not a "Ridley/JJ/Irvin/SBB" type recruit to me. If any of those 4 come out this early in the game and say they have ZERO interest in UM then I will stand right next to you and riot.

So Pete would say the Wimbush/Fitzpatrick package deal is a better and more likely option for Miami.

Also can we have an article with 2015 LB Ben Humphreys since Lane is out of the question and Humphreys has a strong interest in UM per your 3-10 work update. Also I don't think Stanford will have the room him, with 5 other LB's ranked higher on their board.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1382534.html

Humphreys won the SoCal Nike Camp LB MVP two weeks ago, he measured in at 6-2, 205 pounds but will be able to play at 230 easy down the road. He’s what you call a football player. He’s smart with a high football IQ, plays with an incredible work rate, has very good quickness and change of direction and was easily the most instinctual ‘backer in the group. He dominated the pass rush drills, looked great playing in space in run drills and was a natural in cover drills. His recruitment should definitely pick up following this event.

He beat out the nations #2 ranked OLB John Houston (has a UM offer) , who walked away with an invitation to the nike open.

Go Canes

:ibisroflmao:

6-2 CBs with athleticism dont grow on trees so I disagree with the not 5* caliber in this climate as big CBs are becoming the gold standard…a good db coach scheme and Mcfadden shines

Advertisement
Back