Tarquin wavering ...

This is horsehit. UF plays in an actual football conference where a lot more than “ACC luck” is needed to actually win games. MULLEN DID THIS IN HIS FIRST YEAR. In Richt’s first year he was introducing the Miami fan base to a recurring theme: the 4 game losing streak.

Florida has looked better this year than Miami has in 2016, 2017, and obviously 2018. Trying to minimize Florida’s 9-3 only minimizes your arguments. Bringing all these extraneous examples doesn’t help in a year when Purdue crushed OSU and OSU obliterated Michigan. Florida beat LSU and LSU destroyed Miami. It is what it is.

Mic Drop

Advertisement
ACC pretenders. Again, learn college football. VT and the team Miami played after that proved to be abject frauds by the end of 2016.

I know college football well enough to see someone who delegitimzes some wins and glorifies others to make sense of a senseless position.

To you every win we have is fraudulent and every **** win has been some kind of special.

That’s ok.

This has been fun btw, lets do it again some time.

Last time I checked we crushed two teams ranked 3rd and 12th by about 50 points last year didn’t we?

Didn’t we look good doing that?

I guess Florida’s wins this year’s were far better for some reason.

If you think honestly right now UM looks better than UF you should stop posting....

Kentucky should be ranked above them. Florida should not be a 9-3 top 10 team if Kentucky isn’t. Kentucky has the same record and beat them head to head. Kentucky has also lost 2/3 on the road while Florida has lost 2 of their 3 losses at home. UF is not a top 10 team that’s my point.

Why should UK be ranked ahead when they play different schedules. UK lost later in season and UK lost to a team UF blewout.
This is CFB we know how rankings work.

Advertisement
If you think honestly right now UM looks better than UF you should stop posting....

I said last year we looked as good or better than UF has looked this year when we were blowing out the #3 and #12 ranked teams. Now this year people want Richt fired. So everyone should be careful about how great Mullen is doing based on such a small sample size.

Last time I checked we crushed two teams ranked 3rd and 12th by about 50 points last year didn’t we?

Didn’t we look good doing that?

I guess Florida’s wins this year’s were far better for some reason.
I’ll see your VaTech and ND wins and raise you near misses with horrible offense by Richt against FSU, GaTech and UNC, and just for good measure..... Pitt

Wisconsin has had program stability and an established system for years where they redshirt, strengthen and develop players. The team we played last year was loaded with grown *** men compared to ours.

The only true narrative is you are so blinded by your hatred for Richt to objectively see what is so obvious to just about everyone else. One coach has had six seasons of Top tiered recruiting and has averaged in losses what ours has done once and you want to fire him for it.

@Tetragrammaton Cane literally pointed out what I was getting at - Auburn’s AD is not ******* around with Malzahn even though Malzahn has won some huge football games.

It's not realistic for Richt to get fired after year 3. With how Richt has performed at Miami he does deserve a 4th year. Having said that, Blake James is treating Richt like everything is status quo around here. Auburn's AD isn't forcing staff changes, but they've basically maneuvered it to where Malzhan needs to get them to the next level or he's out at Auburn. That was the premise.

Advertisement
I know college football well enough to see someone who delegitimzes some wins and glorifies others to make sense of a senseless position.

To you every win we have is fraudulent and every **** win has been some kind of special.

That’s ok.

This has been fun btw, lets do it again some time.
This board is getting out of hand with Gaytor defenders, I would think half the guys on here are Gator fans if I didn't know any better... I know one thing for sure I would never jump on the success of any one in that program over ours and if you do, I just don't understand what the definition of "fan" really means.

Calm down...we have a grad transfer from Butler coming in.....:rolleyes:

Not so fast my friend! You’re assuming we beat the likes of UTSA, Old Dominion, Louisiana Tech, Rice, Southern Methodist and Sacred Heart for his services.

I’ll see your VaTech and ND wins and raise you near misses with horrible offense by Richt against FSU, GaTech and UNC, and just for good measure..... Pitt

Last time I checked both sides of the ball counted. In many of those horrible offensive games our defense balled out.

Those near losses were no uglier than nearly getting down three TDs to Vanderbilt, needing OT to beat S. Carolina and getting pounded by three TDs at home against Missouri. The Turds are as lucky to be 9-3 as we were 10-3 last year.

Yet today people will say, based on a one season sample size, that Mullen has the Gators in much better shape.

Ok.

@Tetragrammaton Cane literally pointed out what I was getting at - Auburn’s AD is not ******* around with Malzahn even though Malzahn has won some huge football games.

It's not realistic for Richt to get fired after year 3. With how Richt has performed at Miami he does deserve a 4th year. Having said that, Blake James is treating Richt like everything is status quo around here. Auburn's AD isn't forcing staff changes, but they've basically maneuvered it to where Malzhan needs to get them to the next level or he's out at Auburn. That was the premise.

The premise itself is flawed. You are asking James to do after one 5 loss season what it took the Auburn AD FIVE seasons to do. And to top it all off Auburn had an entire recuriting cycle of perennial Top 5-10 classes filter through. Mazlahn got to see every single kid he recruited go from a freshman all the way through their redshirt senior year before the school did what they did. Their AD not only treated things like they were status quo after 5 years, he actually gave him an extension!

Advertisement
Last time I checked both sides of the ball counted. In many of those horrible offensive games our defense balled out.

Those near losses were no uglier than nearly getting down three TDs to Vanderbilt, needing OT to beat S. Carolina and getting pounded by three TDs at home against Missouri. The Turds are as lucky to be 9-3 as we were 10-3 last year.

Yet today people will say, based on a one season sample size, that Mullen has the Gators in much better shape.

Ok.
I’m not bringing Florida into the conversation at all. You referenced two games last year as evidence for Richt and his offense, I referenced other games to illustrate the bad, plus the 2018 season speaks for itself.

Richt should absolutely not be allowed to call plays and his intern of a son and Searles need to GTFO. Any person that would try to argue the contrary is dillusional

Searles brought in a **** good oline class last year and nobody will agree but he's earned the right to coach them up for ar least one year I will say that jut football Gods let this kid start game 1 so Manny Diaz can put him on the hit list

And the way the season tanked and the upperclassmen were horrendous he should have put in more of his highly touted youngins to learn and see some of that fire

But seriously this is year 3 with searles and you couldnt even muster up a better job with the Oline this year?

I think it was the UVA game where the entire Oline had a false start on them each? Just dumb things

I’m not bringing Florida into the conversation at all. You referenced two games last year as evidence for Richt and his offense, I referenced other games to illustrate the bad, plus the 2018 season speaks for itself.

Richt should absolutely not be allowed to call plays and his intern of a son and Searles need to GTFO. Any person that would try to argue the contrary is dillusional

Think our points got criss crossed. I was just saying we should be careful about comparisons to Florida bases on one season, because their 2018 sure looks a lot like out 2017.

I agree Richt HAS to bring in a fresh mind to run the offense and we need to replace the OL coach.

Advertisement
I said last year we looked as good or better than UF has looked this year when we were blowing out the #3 and #12 ranked teams. Now this year people want Richt fired. So everyone should be careful about how great Mullen is doing based on such a small sample size.

Well we seen a good sample size(3 years) from Richt....doesnt look very good especially on the O side which he has not improved at all

Think our points got criss crossed. I was just saying we should be careful about comparisons to Florida bases on one season, because their 2018 sure looks a lot like out 2017.

I agree Richt HAS to bring in a fresh mind to run the offense and we need to replace the OL coach.
Got it

The frustrating thing for all of is, he had the right hiring recipe on defense, excluding Patke but that was Manny’s doing. Manny Kool/Simpson, Rumph and Banda are exceeding expectations. If he followed the same model on offense and acted as CEO and never hired his kid we would be sniffing the playoffs

And the way the season tanked and the upperclassmen were horrendous he should have put in more of his highly touted youngins to learn and see some of that fire

But seriously this is year 3 with searles and you couldnt even muster up a better job with the Oline this year?

I think it was the UVA game where the entire Oline had a false start on them each? Just dumb things
Cant com out the gates and run on Savannah St.

Advertisement
Back