TAMU Visitor List for Miami Game -**Running List

you’re saying the QB’s had no role in some of the problems? What’s the explanation for some of the inaccuracy? Even the most ardent TVD supporters have conceded issues about his play the last two games. ****, TVD himself claimed to work on his ‘mechanics’ (though it seems like a broader issue than mechanics). Forgive me if I misread your post; just jumped into this thread now. Perhaps you’re saying the scheme is causing some of the QB’s problems? Not being sarcastic. Sincere questions.
Ya some of its on him. He’s clearly not comfortable in the system and there’s no separation at all. Not scoring a single TD? No that’s not on him.

He missed Redding wide open. I can’t think of any other throw he just glaringly missed.

Had 3 first downs dropped.. one may have been a TD. Is anyone saying anything bad about TVD if he’s 24/41 for 275+ throwing with 8 guys in coverage 75% of those throws? No.

Advertisement
Ya some of its on him. He’s clearly not comfortable in the system and there’s no separation at all. Not scoring a single TD? No that’s not on him.

He missed Redding wide open. I can’t think of any other throw he just glaringly missed.

Had 3 first downs dropped.. one may have been a TD. Is anyone saying anything bad about TVD if he’s 24/41 for 275+ throwing with 8 guys in coverage 75% of those throws? No.
So my question is, how much of it actually falls on Gattis, as opposed to running an offense that Mario wants?

Do we think Gattis runs a caveman offense, or is it more that Mario wants him to stick to certain concepts and not spread it out

Keyshawn on a 9 route. Keyshawn had stacked the CB and TVD overthrew him.

gattis and his Co-OC along w Harbaugh. Harbaugh basically demoted him his last year there bc he was putrid his first two seasons
Gattis was brought in to modernize the offense lol. Seems like harbaugh just used that hire to stay the same but take some heat off of him.

Advertisement
So my question is, how much of it actually falls on Gattis, as opposed to running an offense that Mario wants?

Do we think Gattis runs a caveman offense, or is it more that Mario wants him to stick to certain concepts and not spread it out

This was THE question in the offseason - will Mario dictate what the gameplan is or will Gattis be allowed to run "his" offense now that he's out from under the control of Harbaugh?

I think the answer to your question is "a little bit of both". For situational playcalling (RZ, key 3rd downs, etc), Mario definitely has a say but ultimately those are Gattis calls. Those need to improve - 100%.

As I said earlier, I'm generally ok with the rest of the gamecalling - we moved the ball pretty well on that team. The thing Gattis/Mario need to work on is situational playcalling. But, those calls get tougher 100% when you are missing your bell cow/ace running back, best possession WR and have WRs that have struggle to get open. Those are bad combos and contribute to bad RZ performance.

It’s not the QB. It is WR and offensive coordinator. I promise.

Get the full 22 film and watch it. Smothered 75% of the time and drop it on about 5-10%.

I saw 3 days of practice in the spring with a recruit on an OV and said I’m not posting on CIS until the season because I’ll either tell lies buying the summer hype or I’ll **** people off telling them reality.

The scheme is terrible and the WRs are worse. This board tried to spin losing X this week. LMAO

Is this the same spring practice that a few of the local kids who decided to leave town attended?

Just curious.

Advertisement
A sorta repeat of my questions above. Are you all saying no QB issues exist or that the QB’s issues are being *caused by* what’s being requested for execution? Landed on this thread about 10 pages in. Because TVD looks entirely more uncomfortable than he did in previous concepts, and that’s a **** shame. He didn’t suddenly forget how to spin it. Whether it helps him for his future or not, it’d be great to win games, too.
He looks uncomfortable to me too.
He and this system/scheme/coaching doesn't appear to be meshing.
Regardless of the WR play, his passes and reads are not consistently up to par.
What's the fix?

When your QB is missing throws low, wide AND long its not just scheme. The ball didn't come out crisp all night, there were several throws that went for completions where the wobble was noticeable. My buddy who's not a Canes fan but a big time fan of TVD's potential at the next level was texting me all night "his arm is wayyyy off" "when this kid start throwing ducks?"

On top of scheme issues, which are clear, there's a mechanical one as well

AND when the scheme did get some guys open, a la Parrish, they friggin dropped it

Is this the same spring practice that a few of the local kids who decided to leave town attended?

Just curious.
It was a big recruiting weekend.

I’m not saying it was just a putrid weekend of watching us under center or anything.. I just judged by practice that we were seriously lacking WRs (and yes Ivey was locking down everyone) they were all locked down and saw many drops and just confusion from WRs in general. They didn’t understand the offense at all…and we were very clear we’re a run 1st team.

We are 2019 Michigan. 1st year of Gattis. Learning curve. It may take 2-3 years to get to 2021 Michigan level just like it did for them.

When your QB is missing throws low, wide AND long its not just scheme. The ball didn't come out crisp all night, there were several throws that went for completions where the wobble was noticeable. My buddy who's not a Canes fan but a big time fan of TVD's potential at the next level was texting me all night "his arm is wayyyy off" "when this kid start throwing ducks?"

AND when the scheme did get some guys open, a la Parrish, they friggin dropped it
Everyone keeps talking about Gattis offense and nobody is talking about this. Something is wrong with 9's arm. Anyone who has watched him throw since last year should be able to see it. All these insiders who watch practice on a regular basis wont even talk about it.

Advertisement
A sorta repeat of my questions above. Are you all saying no QB issues exist or that the QB’s issues are being *caused by* what’s being requested for execution? Landed on this thread about 10 pages in. Because TVD looks entirely more uncomfortable than he did in previous concepts, and that’s a **** shame. He didn’t suddenly forget how to spin it. Whether it helps him for his future or not, it’d be great to win games, too.
In my opinion its the bolded.

Seems like my man doesnt have to much faith in some of these wideouts and is pressing a bit. New offense, lack of consistent guy other than Restrepo to depend on and you get this.
I think we have to get him into a riddim (island style) early with some easy throws..and even hurry up the pace as he seemed to thrive in that. Even if you dont hit the gas until crossing the 50. All of this...look this way...call the play from the booth...allow the defense to get set stuff..and these slow developing route concepts aint it.

I must say he has been off a bit on his own as well.

It happened on 4 *completions* I charted, too. The most obvious one being the 16 yard completion to Key Smith. That should have been a bigger play and it was thrown low. I even wondered if I missed something (Bc I don’t have the All-22 view). Happened on a few other completions, too. Listen, we know TVD can throw and has shown it. That’s why he’s being held to a higher standard.

This has been happening all year. Go watch the first two games and you will see similar issues, even on the completions. Why it’s happening? I don’t know but he’s been off all year

Advertisement
Getting on top of the CB the same way I do to your mother when I take her to poundtown.
Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

Thought I would come in here to see recruits reactions to the game but silly me. Smh.

If you are a defensive recruit, you had to like what you see. Steele's D came to play. A guy like David Hicks doesnt have to play in front of 8 DTs like he would at TAMU if he came here. Shemar Stewart didnt even get much PT. He can jump in our 2 deep next season after we lose Lichenstein and Jordan Miller.

If your an offensive recruit..well..there is alot of season left to play. LOL.

Advertisement
Back