TAMU 1st half no huddle

Advertisement
Said in another thread Haynes looks like he will throw gifts out there but you have to catch them.. Sam Houston caught 2 and dropped maybe 2 more.. im talking bad picks into coverage.. Like wtf is he doing.. I love it.. We will need those..

They said in camp their offense will be more explosive and that showed up also as Anais/Yulkeith had big plays in offense. Run game was kept under wraps tho by Sam houston, they couldnt really push them around. They were able to keep Achane under wraps.. their D was solid but I could see us moving the ball on them thru the air if TVD is what he supposed to be.

I think it was Pickell for On3 who said the main worry about King was his knack for turnovers and that he must have kept those limited during camp. Didn’t seem to be the case yesterday so hopefully our guys capitalize on that.

That being said he also mentioned that King is really athletic. One of the faster guys on the team so we need to work on keeping contain on the edge and wrapping him up.

Ooof, that offense was tough to watch. Nothing on the ground and their quarterback looked erratic. They have legit speed at receiver but man, that quarterback threw passes into coverage that would have easily been picked off by an FBS team. Not impressed at all.

Defensively, the front 7 looks tough. Hard to tell if they’re really that good of if Sam Houston is just completely overwhelmed. They look a lot better on defense than they do on offense.

Running Qb worries me, especially one who has a way better offensive line then the one we just faced

Advertisement
Said in another thread Haynes looks like he will throw gifts out there but you have to catch them.. Sam Houston caught 2 and dropped maybe 2 more.. im talking bad picks into coverage.. Like wtf is he doing.. I love it.. We will need those..

They said in camp their offense will be more explosive and that showed up also as Anais/Yulkeith had big plays in offense. Run game was kept under wraps tho by Sam houston, they couldnt really push them around. They were able to keep Achane under wraps.. their D was solid but I could see us moving the ball on them thru the air if TVD is what he supposed to be.

King tossed multiple picks in the Colorado game last year before he got knocked out for the seadon. Dude is physically talented but just not careful with the football. Hoping we can capitalize but also wondering if he has a game like this vs App State if we don’t see any Max Johnson at some point. Jimbo isn’t going to keep him out there if he turns out to be a pick machine. His QBs have generally been careful with the football in terms of having at least a 2/1 Td/INT ratio even if they aren’t always the most accurate or efficient passers, going back to his time at FSU.

Their run game doesn’t scare anyone. What could give us problems is King’s legs if we can’t correct our issues with keeping contain.

I see a game decided in the 20s. Their defense is absolutely stout enough to slow us down, but TVD is also an elite enough QB to move the ball even on a great defense. And this is also the type of game I expect Gattis to pull some cool stuff out of his bag of tricks.

Defensively I think we Can stuff up their run game but those few big plays we allow through the air on short and medium routes are going to result in more points for A&M than we saw yesterday. Not convinced we get that cleaned up that quickly.

I watched as much of this game as I could. Their offense was excruciating, King was all over the map. If he didn’t have true athletes at WR they would’ve scored half as much as they did.

That said, they do have those athletes and the single biggest mismatch I see from what we witnessed vs BCU is the dynamism on the perimeter. I just don’t know how we will contain them if King has a clean pocket for most of the game.

Their OL was the biggest shocker to me. No push and routinely letting Sam Houston through with minimal resistance. If our OL performed like that week 1 the gameday thread would’ve been a mass casualty event. I came into the season low key worried about how effective TAMU would be on the ground vs us, but through 1 game they looked effete.

As for King’s running ability, for better or worse the 2 guys we saw on Saturday were more dynamic and much more natural. I didn’t see that King was much more dynamic than TVD, they just have a lot of designed runs for him.

Totally different story on the defense. They shut everything down, they look like an NFL squad, and I’m extremely curious to see what we do against them. There wasn’t a prayer uttered on Sam Houston’s behalf that got them anywhere with the ball, speaks to their team discipline as well as their talent.
I mean look at these numbers:

Total Yards: 198
Yards per Pass: 3.3
Per Rush: 4.0
3rd down: 1/12

The two longest drives they allowed were 55 yards (so yeah, 110 of those 198 came on two drives) both ended in turnovers (INT and fumble). If those are somehow scores maybe you squint and the performance looks less dominant? But it would’ve been a trick of the light, they rolled ole Sam up and kicked him out of his own saloon.

No idea what the line will be but take the under. This game could be ugly as a sweaty coed in the Swamp.

I watched as much of this game as I could. Their offense was excruciating, King was all over the map. If he didn’t have true athletes at WR they would’ve scored half as much as they did.

That said, they do have those athletes and the single biggest mismatch I see from what we witnessed vs BCU is the dynamism on the perimeter. I just don’t know how we will contain them if King has a clean pocket for most of the game.

Their OL was the biggest shocker to me. No push and routinely letting Sam Houston through with minimal resistance. If our OL performed like that week 1 the gameday thread would’ve been a mass casualty event. I came into the season low key worried about how effective TAMU would be on the ground vs us, but through 1 game they looked effete.

As for King’s running ability, for better or worse the 2 guys we saw on Saturday were more dynamic and much more natural. I didn’t see that King was much more dynamic than TVD, they just have a lot of designed runs for him.

Totally different story on the defense. They shut everything down, they look like an NFL squad, and I’m extremely curious to see what we do against them. There wasn’t a prayer uttered on Sam Houston’s behalf that got them anywhere with the ball, speaks to their team discipline as well as their talent.
I mean look at these numbers:

Total Yards: 198
Yards per Pass: 3.3
Per Rush: 4.0
3rd down: 1/12

The two longest drives they allowed were 55 yards (so yeah, 110 of those 198 came on two drives) both ended in turnovers (INT and fumble). If those are somehow scores maybe you squint and the performance looks less dominant? But it would’ve been a trick of the light, they rolled ole Sam up and kicked him out of his own saloon.

No idea what the line will be but take the under. This game could be ugly as a sweaty coed in the Swamp.

100%. We can beat these guys but the keys on offense are to put pressure on that QB and contain, and on defense are to protect TVD enough to get the ball to midfield or deep. I think we're going to struggle if we can't reduce the field on them while on defense and spread the field on them while on offense.

One reminder is that 9 out of 10 of us more than happy to land Brashard over Yulkeith. We have weapons too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back