Tampa Plant OL set to decide on July 17th

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Richy Klepal will announce next Tuesday between FSU, Miami, Georgia and others.

FSU will be the choice in all likelihood.

Advertisement
The OL recruiting aint exactly going great. This makes Kirkland all the more a priority. May have to look to the JC ranks to find another guy or 2.

Advertisement
Makes you wonder more about a 3rd OL...I'm just guessing, but my impression was they backed off Henson...wonder why unless they don't like him and if they will go back after him?

Way too early to fret over OL recruiting. We need 2-3.

It seems to me that OL is also one of the positions that has a weaker correlation between high HS ranking and college/NFL success

Ereck Flowers (while a commit) was still under the radar at this time last year.

A lot of OL emerge in senior year

and if we happen to take Omari Phillips at OL , that eases the burden a bit on the 2013 class as well as getting a bit more class separation

Advertisement
Way too early to fret over OL recruiting. We need 2-3.

It seems to me that OL is also one of the positions that has a weaker correlation between high HS ranking and college/NFL success

Ereck Flowers (while a commit) was still under the radar at this time last year.

A lot of OL emerge in senior year

Basically, it's one of the hardest "positions" to project. So many kids grow into OL between the ages of 16-18. So many kids, who were big and "dominant" no longer have that advantage at the next level. Many of the kids simply stop developing. There is a lot of projection involved.

Well aside from Kirkland, I don't exactly see who we're in good position for, except perhaps the kid from the Hun School in Jersey. This looks eerily similar to the TE recruiting last year.

Advertisement
OL for Golden reminds me of Shammin's CB failures and Corker's WR failures. The problems recruiting OL are only compounded by one of Golden's other big mistakes - hiring the current OL coach.

OL for Golden reminds me of Shammin's CB failures and Corker's WR failures. The problems recruiting OL are only compounded by one of Golden's other big mistakes - hiring the current OL coach.

I'm so sick of hearing this. The man has been on every single one of our championship teams. Give it a rest already.

Advertisement

That's Boulschitt.

Bet he has more rings than you.

How so?

Could you please provide some examples?

Advertisement
Back