Tampa, Orlando and the new staff?

A little ot but I’m living in Tampa and not from here but can someone give me a little insight to Blake high. Got a nice school and stadium and they’re in the city but from my knowledge they’re not that good. Any reason why
Blake is a magnet school focusing on the Arts. So they lost the football players right there.. Once they tore down all of the projects, and the hood was gone. All of the talent moved away.

Advertisement
He is about right lol. I will say if you are looking to move to the area , Plant City is worth a look if you dont mind a little country living. A few middle class neighborhoods, almost central to Tampa and Orlando, quick access to I4 and 75, and fresh fruits and vegetables because we grow almost everything. New Tampa, Brandon, Riverview/Gibsonton, and Valrico is where everyone is flocking too. They are just slapping sub-division after sub-division up in those areas and its becoming to crowded with not enough room imo. I do my best to avoid all those areas during rush hour.
I'm in Wesley Chapel. This areas growing fast. Reminds me of Brandon back in the day. I grew up in South Tampa (SOG).

He is about right lol. I will say if you are looking to move to the area , Plant City is worth a look if you dont mind a little country living. A few middle class neighborhoods, almost central to Tampa and Orlando, quick access to I4 and 75, and fresh fruits and vegetables because we grow almost everything. New Tampa, Brandon, Riverview/Gibsonton, and Valrico is where everyone is flocking too. They are just slapping sub-division after sub-division up in those areas and its becoming to crowded with not enough room imo. I do my best to avoid all those areas during rush hour.
I used to drive to Plant City just to hit the Buddy Freddy's. Now it's a **** Chick- Fil-A

Advertisement
I used to drive to Plant City just to hit the Buddy Freddy's. Now it's a **** Chick- Fil-A
A shame that place is gone. I heard Kojak's is closing too, with some apartment complex (that we've all seen 8000x going in). I also heard they're gonna re-open in Seffner. Of course, it's the location that made it so interesting.

Shame they tore down Buddy Freddy's. You would have thought that we got a pro sports team (even though their is plenty of room for a stadium between PC and the Mango area) with how happy everyone in PC was that we got a Chick Fil A. We have a Fred's Market though, which is pretty good.
Blake is a magnet school focusing on the Arts. So they lost the football players right there.. Once they tore down all of the projects, and the hood was gone. All of the talent moved away.
They use to get a player or two every now and then like Leroy Vann, Ryan Davis, and Isiah Rodgers, but with the city gentrifying the surrounding area, that killed any hope of Blake becoming good for a very long time, if not ever.

Tampa, Southwest FL (Immokalee, Naples, Lehigh & Ft. Myers) & Treasure Coast (Ft. Pierce, Vero Beach Port St. Lucie) is all areas we need recapture & siege as Cane territories.

As far as Lakeland, that may be the impenetrable fort that we simply can’t breakthrough, if Mario & TRob can manage to steal a 5-star CB like Cormani McClain from Lake Gibson/Lakeland, then **** would have truly frozen over, because Lakeland is just as much of a Gaytor territory than the actual city of Gainesville lol.

Also really hope we make some in-roads into Texas, the state is just too talent rich to neglect it, literally teeming with dozens of NFL players in every single class & every major powerhouse championship winner & contender has a heavy presence in Tejas.

A shame that place is gone. I heard Kojak's is closing too, with some apartment complex (that we've all seen 8000x going in). I also heard they're gonna re-open in Seffner. Of course, it's the location that made it so interesting.
Yep Kojaks which has been has been a staple of South tampa for 40+ years is now closed. It's reopening in an old Pizza Hut building in Seffner off Parsons Ave.

Advertisement
Yep kojaks is closed. Used to see the Hulkster there all the time when I lived in South Tampa. Best BBQ In tampa and of course it was the location on gandy right off bayshore which really made it special, along with the food of course. It’s a shame to lose it to some more stupid condos.

Advertisement
Central Florida is not gator country!! Most of those top player coming out of that area are originally from the (muck) Belle Glade, Pahokee, South Bay.

I lived in the Orlando for many years. The schools that produce - Dr. Phillips and Orlando Evans which Kenard Lang is the HC there now and back at his alma mater. Up the way is Apopka who has had moments of greatness. Slide over to the east/central florida area and it's Cocoa boyz. That school produces.

Tampa has traditional powers Miami needs to get into - Armwood, Plant(Robert Marve! lol), and Bradenton Manatee...Jefferson has been good too. Oh, and in-between the drive from Orlando to Tampa is Lakeland...solid program.

Advertisement
Central Florida is gator country.

We made in roads in to Jacksonville with Richt...well started with Golden. Thats where we should continue to spend money.

If Ish remains on staff we will have an IN...in Orlando.

To keep it a buck..Orlando talent is typically overrated. Tampa was where id like to be more again.

Whatever funds they would use in Orlando...i would detour that to New Orleans, or Tidewater area. Just my opinion.

We did get an Orlando commit this class....and i believe CJ Baxter from Edgewater is a certified freak at RB.
I would disagree slightly. Meaning we should dedicate time and resources connecting with HS coaches and identifying top talent in all the metropolitan areas of the state. Plus go hard in talent rich states like Ga, Tx, La and Cali. Go after the best talent no matter where that is.

it's not florida but i would love to get the guy from boston college so we can get a foot in the dmv area ... coach L has gotten some talent from that area, would love to hit them up in football too

for all the tampa people, i'm in riverview right off 301, it's up and coming as well

Central Florida is gator country.

We made in roads in to Jacksonville with Richt...well started with Golden. Thats where we should continue to spend money.

If Ish remains on staff we will have an IN...in Orlando.

To keep it a buck..Orlando talent is typically overrated. Tampa was where id like to be more again.

Whatever funds they would use in Orlando...i would detour that to New Orleans, or Tidewater area. Just my opinion.

We did get an Orlando commit this class....and i believe CJ Baxter from Edgewater is a certified freak at RB.
If we add that db coach from BC, that should help with tidewater and the DC area.

I would disagree slightly. Meaning we should dedicate time and resources connecting with HS coaches and identifying top talent in all the metropolitan areas of the state. Plus go hard in talent rich states like Ga, Tx, La and Cali. Go after the best talent no matter where that is.
And we really need to start creating a presence into the DMV, the Tidewater area specifically.

Advertisement
Back