Talked to Jordan Scarlett teammate...

If we pull these 3, wow willl be the best pull we ever had in the history of the program at rb and would have to be one of the best in the past few years in college

Advertisement
My cousin is a teammate of Scarlett and I talked to him and his dad about what he though about him sticking to Miami.

FWI he said there is no way in **** he is committing elsewhere. He said he reps Miami all the time and cant wait to get on campus.

Hopefully this is the truth.

Wait
.no this cant be true... thought he was just waiting for FLA to open up a spot? Lmfao? Fu negative posters. The sky aint falling today ****ezzzzz.
Yep. And everyone was in love with Powell last year at this time too because he was such a hardcore Cane.

Not really... Powell was okay. We needed depth, that's why he was important. YEARBY is / was in a whole another class...

It was always out there that if Powell was offered by Florida he would go and then they offered and sure enough, he was gone. Wasn't a big deal to me honestly because of Yearby and Trayone

My cousin is a teammate of Scarlett and I talked to him and his dad about what he though about him sticking to Miami.

FWI he said there is no way in **** he is committing elsewhere. He said he reps Miami all the time and cant wait to get on campus.

Wait
.no this cant be true... thought he was just waiting for FLA to open up a spot? Lmfao? Fu negative posters. The sky aint falling today ****ezzzzz.
Yep. And everyone was in love with Powell last year at this time too because he was such a hardcore Cane.

Not really... Powell was okay. We needed depth, that's why he was important. YEARBY is / was in a whole another class...

It was always out there that if Powell was offered by Florida he would go and then they offered and sure enough, he was gone. Wasn't a big deal to me honestly because of Yearby and Trayone

I'd like to say that having Powell would have been a luxury, and that it may hurt with the crop of running backs we are recruiting now, but since it is not signing day and since this staff has yet to really seal off a great class, it is hard to say it.

Wait

Powell was a nice player, worthy of a Miami scholly which is more than one can say about a bunch of guys we have on the team, but he was definitely overrated by many here when he was committed. Some started saying he was elite which he never was......

Advertisement

You're right, bro. No-one was confident that Powell would sign with UM at this time last year, bro. Everyone was predicting he'd flip to ufayg, bro.

#Alfam

You do realize that "he was such a hardcore Cane" and "everyone was predicting he'd flip to UF" are two entirely different things?

I don't remember either happening with Powell. People were happy to have him here, no one was predicting the flip, but he also wasn't known to be a hardcore Cane.

LULZ

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/60019-brandon-powell/page2?highlight=Brandon+Powell+angry+Ibis

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...-to-prove-he-s-elite?highlight=Brandon+Powell

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
People were saying Brandon Powell was the best running back, for the last 5-6 years, in Broward because of their homerism. Sony was clearly the best to come out in a while. I responded to a post talking about Sonys playoff stats and was told Brandon Powell was the better running back because he played multiple positions. Same people in those two threads that were ok with losing Cook as a running back because Powell played multiple positions too. It is what it is. :nba-wade_amused-amu

I've been clamoring for Scarlett since he was a sophomore. Kid is beast not being a hater cane fan I would take him
over cook if I had the choice. Call me a dumbass or blind or w e but this kid is a physical specimen. Cook is an amazing talent I'm not bashing him at all I just think Scarlett is going to be very very special

Advertisement
People were saying Brandon Powell was the best running back, for the last 5-6 years, in Broward because of their homerism. Sony was clearly the best to come out in a while. I responded to a post talking about Sonys playoff stats and was told Brandon Powell was the better running back because he played multiple positions. Same people in those two threads that were ok with losing Cook as a running back because Powell played multiple positions too. It is what it is. :nba-wade_amused-amu

Nah. No way. The general consensus of all the wizards in here was that Powell was just ok and not really committed to UM.

Scarlett has a much deeper commitment because he'd never think of going back on a commitment. He's Mr. UM. Just ask Charlie Fartridge.

Advertisement
LITERALLY THE NEXT EDGE JAMES

Maybe faster, more chance to break the big one. ( though I loved Edge's game.)

Exactly. A bigger faster better Ed James, who, by the way, stands a good chance of getting into the NFL HOF. LULZ.

I see nothing in Scarlett that is less than great as a RB. Let him play a few downs before you replace Edge with a High School kid no matter how talented. I've never seen anyone besides maybe #26 that had the fast twitch muscle movements and natural stregnth Edge had coming in to UM. Never touched a weight at Immokallee high. Loaded Watermelon trucks every summer and chased rabbits in the sugar cane fields. Oh, and on the field, amazing vision and pass pro. Did EVERYTHING outstanding at an NFL level in college. Thats why he went before Ricky Williams "the second coming of Walter Payton" (not Jarred) If Scarlett has Edges work ethic and attention to detail he will be an all time great here.

Advertisement
Back