Talk lately has me a little nervous about 2020 football season. Thoughts?

Do you think we will play football in 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
Man, I am not sure what the **** I would do without a season of Canes football. Do you cats think we will play this year?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Full season of computer simulated games with state of the art animation. Coaches call the plays, offense and defense. It will be wildly popular with fans and gamblers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
With the NFL realizing it will be a shortened season at best...

Chances for College are not good.. We start earlier.

Kind of hinted at this in another thread, but imagine our next game being against Alabama... Christ almighty- start praying (this would assume we don't play in 2020)

There's a ton of scenarios, covering the entire spectrum. From the entire season being cancelled to a full season being played. I think it's going to come down to how quick a resolution can be found for this pandemic. Personally, I'm still holding out hope that at the very least a partial season comprised of conference games and bowls will be played. Depending on how dire or encouraging things get will dictate if fans will be in attendance. Might be wishful thinking but I think fans will be in attendance. That's the point of live games. It's where NCAA and schools are able to generate a lot of revenue.

Advertisement
Listen fellas; I know ppl r trying to will things back to normal, but we need to be content w chit being shut down this yr. I’m a rabid sports fan; ****, if live cricket was on, I would watch that. But, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not happening this yr.

Maybe we would’ve had a better handle on this if mofos were staying home. Part of the blame is so much misinformation was presented about COVID where anyone who was 64 or younger felt they could live their life, they just have to be a bit more cautious. That was solely on government officials & The Media.

But even after the seriousness was expressed by the CDC, WHO, The Oval Office.....u still had DUMB MFers who did dumb chit like throwing huge parties, getting together for Spring Break at the beaches, licking toilet seats to prove immunity, etc.

Now, we have NFL players testing positive for COVID, more NHL players r testing positive. The Meat Industry have shut down due to COVID testing among 400+ employees....as much as we want things to go back to normal, until ppl start treating this chit w some respect, instead of trying to give in to the almighty $ and self gratification, our curve is not going to level out.

The sooner ppl get that, the sooner we can minimize spread and slowly return, but for now....I would be pleasantly surprised if we get any sports for this season.

Advertisement
Hope for classes to go on in-person on college campuses. Even if the semester starts late - after Labor Day, for example. Unless this happens, no sports.

There's speculation this decision will have to be made by June 1. IDK why it couldn't be later - maybe June 30th. More to come on all of this in the next couple of weeks, I'm sure.

If they have to shorten the season or delay the start, play the whole season and cancel the bowl games if needed to finish the season.
Only need the playoff bowls at the end. Cancelling the bowl games would allow teams to start a month later, finish the season and go right to the playoffs.

As of right now, I think it's still too early to predict what will happen. There's a lot going on - testing is ramping up and therapeutics are rapidly being developed. I don't think we see a vaccine until next spring.

There may be some areas of the country that can open up in time and others may not be able to. And of course, there's lots of money involved. I'm hoping by the end of May, we'll have a clearer picture of what we can and can't do.

Advertisement
Back