Talent is Building

ageezy

Cane til I Die
I hate our pedestrian defense as much as the next person, however when i look at the tape of this incoming class and couple it with the talent that already exist, we're definitely going in the right direction

before you say they're just highlight videos, look at the highlight videos of highsmith, shayon green, porter, and a few other guys and compare it to the talent we've amassed over this incoming class as well as last years, there's no comparison

i'm not here to argue scheme, but from a pure talent standpoint, we're building something fellas

Advertisement
I agree. The talent we're bringing in should negate further coaching blunders in my opinion. A lot like Coker in the early 2000's....

For what it's worth, Coach D's first year, 2011, his defense finished the year ranked 46th in the nation. All the talent that was there left early/graduated, and since then he has been trying to rebuild with next to nothing. In 2012, the D finished 120th, and this year 72nd. As the talent increases, so does the defensive rank. With a lot of the older, Shannon-ific talent now leaving, the D will be very young, but so much more talented than what we have had in a while.

If Coach D screws up next year with the talent he will have at his whim, then I'm with everyone that wants him gone. History, though, says it shouldnt be that way

Advertisement
alot of that talent underachieved.
Absolutely. The majority of at least the defensive line talent we have had for the past 3 years was brought in by Shannon, and was coached into thinking they didnt have to work hard to be great. Golden and his staff got here and had to 1) whip the team into shape and improve conditioning 2) basically run a grab bag in his first recruiting season to try and compensate for possible NCAA action 3) establish player evaluation 4) recruit with everyone dogging miami because of the NCAA

Normally when a ****** coach is fired from a school, the next guy in has things up and running in around 3 years or so, less if you are lucky. But Miami's situation wasnt normal. As far as I am concerned, Golden 9and his staff's) first year was last year. Now we get to see what they could have done without the NCAA hanging over them

Some of it overachieved as well. A few guys who did nothing for 3-4 years prior blossomed nicely under Golden. Strangely enough those seem to be the guys sticking in the league.

Absolutely. The majority of at least the defensive line talent we have had for the past 3 years was brought in by Shannon, and was coached into thinking they didnt have to work hard to be great. Golden and his staff got here and had to 1) whip the team into shape and improve conditioning 2) basically run a grab bag in his first recruiting season to try and compensate for possible NCAA action 3) establish player evaluation 4) recruit with everyone dogging miami because of the NCAA

Normally when a ****ty coach is fired from a school, the next guy in has things up and running in around 3 years or so, less if you are lucky. But Miami's situation wasnt normal. As far as I am concerned, Golden 9and his staff's) first year was last year. Now we get to see what they could have done without the NCAA hanging over them

HEY! Don't bring logic on this board. Trying to get negged?

Last edited:
Advertisement

who has underachieved, i mean in realistic expectations?
I think he meant the guys that left early in 2011. The guys that we have worked with since then, a lot of them reached their talent ceiling last year, and people expected coaching to turn a bunch of coal into diamonds. 120th to 72nd is pretty **** good considering the guys we have on the line. Last year's class and this year's class brought in defensive talent that has the ability to grow over 3 or 4 years, instead of guys that hit their peak in year two and just get bigger

Normally when a ****ty coach is fired from a school, the next guy in has things up and running in around 3 years or so, less if you are lucky. But Miami's situation wasnt normal. As far as I am concerned, Golden 9and his staff's) first year was last year. Now we get to see what they could have done without the NCAA hanging over them

HEY! Don't bring logistics on this board. Trying to get negged?

"logistics"? Huh?

HEY! Don't bring logistics on this board. Trying to get negged?

"logistics"? Huh?

Logic is what I meant. Posting from an iPhone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back