Talent evaluations > Star Rankings

Advertisement
You seem confused 1st say it’s about evaluations over stars. Then you say if we win more we can get more stars....so which is it?

My point is we can win with just 3 star south florida players BUT it's more risky so talent evaluators need to get the right guys. When this happens we will start winning and can mix the best underrated talents with the guaranteed good players(5 stars). Those are how the great miami classes are made. We will never consistently get top 5 classes, but we can consistently get top 15 classes with great under the radar players and a few star 5 stars.

Eh; I kinda agree w OP, there r still many diamonds in the rough out there; look no further than the NFL and how many 2 star & 3 star guys are there. However, the problem is we don’t have the eye for talent like once before. Butch learned from Jimmy. Butch’s eye for talent was ridiculous. Same w Jimmy. That’s the missing element.

Now, I do think this current staff tends to identify rising 3 stars better than have had over the last 15 yrs, however the problem is we zero in on a target, and neglect to cultivate more diamonds, so when we chit the bed, by the time our targets bounce and we try to regroup, those diamonds are no longer hidden and are long gone.

Ya, great article. I have wondered for a long time how Alabama has possibly managed to build this dynasty with how high they finish in recruiting rankings every year. I mean since we are calling today the same thing as 20 years ago.

Pitt has about the same amount of talent as UNC and Va Tech and are the only Coastal team besides Miami to have a 5 star on the team. Its not like they are beating teams that recruit top 25 every year.

I agree about Miami though. We should dominate the Coastal with the talent we have.
Exactly....thats my point....it doesn't take a top 10 class to win the coastal...Miami is the most talented team in rhe division...no excuses!

Advertisement
FDB396B6-D0C6-49A3-A5FB-80DBD73FC85B.jpeg

Advertisement
Back