Talent evaluations > Star Rankings

LoyalCane24

Junior
http://a.espncdn.com/ncf/s/2002/0205/1323070.html

We didn't have a top ten class in 1998, 1999, or 2000. Those three classes made the greatest football team of all time.
I don't care that the rankings weren't as accurate then as they are now, as long as we recruit from miami talent evaluations come first.

I get that people hate mark Richt. I think if he gets a competent o line coach and great offensive coordinator we will be in national contention again.

Our coaches are GREAT talent evaluators and this article proves why that is the most important especially in Miami.

If we make these changes and evaluate talent well we will start winning again and consistently land the blue chippers.

Advertisement
Can't compare eras. The diamonds in the rough were a LOT easier to find back then. There were many more out there than there are now. Are they still out there these days? Of course but with the advent of social media and the internet and jockeying for offers, it's much more difficult and we don't exactly have 120398213 analysts working behind the scenes evaluating countless kids to find those diamonds.

Advertisement
Not another "stars dont matter" thread.

7 of the top 10 teams are ranked top 10 in the team talent ranking; Oklahoma is ranked 11th. The other two teams have an offensive guru and a great QB.

You also need good-to-great coaching/evaluations, which we lack.

Our diamonds in the rough take 3 years to develop so we only get one year of production out of them. Too many projects the past 15 years.

Crowley ingraham and Garvin are great examples.
Unfortunately Crowley And ingraham used is as other kids have. Garvin kept his pledge and will be a high draft pick.
Everyone on here does this every year and complain about how we weren’t on some kid early. But kids commit to us all the time even when we find them early. They say they’re 100 and solid and whatever the new lingo is that year. But as soon as that senior film comes out schools are kicking dudes out of theire class to get our commits. If a kid does commit and we offer another kid and show him attention the cis’ers start to complain that kid is looking and we handled it poorly. Lose lose situation with the sofla kids.
Hold a spot we’re screwed.
Try to get another kid on board in case the sofla flakes start flaking and we lose also.

http://a.espncdn.com/ncf/s/2002/0205/1323070.html

We didn't have a top ten class in 1998, 1999, or 2000. Those three classes made the greatest football team of all time.
I don't care that the rankings weren't as accurate then as they are now, as long as we recruit from miami talent evaluations come first.

I get that people hate mark Richt. I think if he gets a competent o line coach and great offensive coordinator we will be in national contention again.

Our coaches are GREAT talent evaluators and this article proves why that is the most important especially in Miami.

If we make these changes and evaluate talent well we will start winning again and consistently land the blue chippers.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
Do you realize that in 1998 the recruiting rankings were FAR from accurate. Less than 40% of stars made NFL rosters. 2013/2014 draft classes have close to 90% of their 5 stars making NFL rosters. 75% of the players drafted in the last few drafts were 4 and 5 star players.

In the 90s you had a handful of guys trying to rank the players. Now its a multi million dollar business with tons of guys ranking them.

I just want better coaches..the #1 pick the Fisher LT for the chiefs played for eastern ******* university.
Davenport for the saints played for bumble bee college..

Just get some football players in here. And stop getting the pretty boys. **** I'll take a few undersized ******** and make something out of that ****.

How did all the randy and golden diamonds work out.

Gtfoh with the we are out evaluating everyone. We are loosing our commitments and targets. We are going to end up with a bunch of kids that we would not have taken except for the fact that everyone with options is jumping ship.

Advertisement
Comparing recruiting class from the 90’s is like saying offense from 30 years ago should work in today’s football.

Do you realize that in 1998 the recruiting rankings were FAR from accurate. Less than 40% of stars made NFL rosters. 2013/2014 draft classes have close to 90% of their 5 stars making NFL rosters. 75% of the players drafted in the last few drafts were 4 and 5 star players.

In the 90s you had a handful of guys trying to rank the players. Now its a multi million dollar business with tons of guys ranking them.
Agree, recruiting rankings are far more accurate now. Every Miami recruiting class should be at the minimum 50% blue chip rating or above. We are at 50% right now and need to add quality kids(don’t know how they will close but that’s what we need to do

Yes recruiting rankings have improved. In MIAMI SPECIFICALLY there are a million diamond in the rough players that we can make elite football teams with. Get those guys hire a better offensive line coach and coordinator and we will start winning. After a few years of this we will be getting blue chippers CONSISTENTLY.

Advertisement
Agree, recruiting rankings are far more accurate now. Every Miami recruiting class should be at the minimum 50% blue chip rating or above. We are at 50% right now and need to add quality kids(don’t know how they will close but that’s what we need to do

Agreed I would like to see 60% or more blue chips, but at tihs point 50% will be fine.

I just want better coaches..the #1 pick the Fisher LT for the chiefs played for eastern ******* university.
Davenport for the saints played for bumble bee college..

Just get some football players in here. And stop getting the pretty boys. **** I'll take a few undersized ******** and make something out of that ****.
Yea Pitt is about to win the coastal with classes that never cracked the top 30.....Miami has enough talent to win the coastal....its definitely coaching!

Yea Pitt is about to win the coastal with classes that never cracked the top 30.....Miami has enough talent to win the coastal....its definitely coaching!

Pitt has about the same amount of talent as UNC and Va Tech and are the only Coastal team besides Miami to have a 5 star on the team. Its not like they are beating teams that recruit top 25 every year.

I agree about Miami though. We should dominate the Coastal with the talent we have.

You seem confused 1st say it’s about evaluations over stars. Then you say if we win more we can get more stars....so which is it?

Advertisement
Back