Taking Uber/Lyft to game Saturday.

Southcane

Senior
I always rented a car when I flew in to watch games. This time, I'm thinking just to take Uber or Lyft from my hotel to the stadium and back. Any of you Canes friends has experience in using those ride sharing services to the game? Do they jack rates up going to or picking up from the stadium? Is it easy to find a ride? Is the drop/pickup area far from the stadium?
Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Advertisement
The drop off/pickup area is not far from the stadium, it's right in with a bunch of the parking lots where you pay cash. When leaving the game just go to the same area and order an Uber from the pickup area and you'll have a ride within 5-10 minutes no problem. I don't think the prices are any more expensive than a regular ride.

The drop off/pickup area is not far from the stadium, it's right in with a bunch of the parking lots where you pay cash. When leaving the game just go to the same area and order an Uber from the pickup area and you'll have a ride within 5-10 minutes no problem. I don't think the prices are any more expensive than a regular ride.

Thank you. It sounds easier than renting a car and paying for parking at the stadium and the hotel!

Thank you. It sounds easier than renting a car and paying for parking at the stadium and the hotel!

No doubt! In Orlando for the WV game I parked free in downtown then took a Lyft to the stadium. Under $15 to park with door service. Can't beat it.

No doubt! In Orlando for the WV game I parked free in downtown then took a Lyft to the stadium. Under $15 to park with door service. Can't beat it.

Smart move for that game.

Advertisement
I went down last winter for a golf trip and my buddy and I ubered everywhere. We never spent more than $30/$40 per ride and we were going all over the place. Unless you're going for an extended period of time there is no reason for a rental, imo.

I went down last winter for a golf trip and my buddy and I ubered everywhere. We never spent more than $30/$40 per ride and we were going all over the place. Unless you're going for an extended period of time there is no reason for a rental, imo.

I'm only there Friday night till Monday morning so it is a short stay. Makes sense not to rent a car. I wasn't sure though if it was easy to use Uber to go to a big venue like Hard Rock Stadium with the traffic congestion and all.

I walked over to the Wal Mart once to avoid having to go to the pick-up area.

Advertisement
Getting to the game is really easy, leaving might be a different story. I suggest getting UBER/LYFT ready to go before you get to the area. I uber'd to a dolphins game one time and leaving was a mess because everyone is there at the same time trying to call cars and it clogs up the bandwidth on your cell data/uber had a wait.

Granted this was last year so they might have still had kinks to work out. However my brother was at the dolphins/titans game and had a similar issue getting an uber where he didn't have any signal (he has sprint, my cousin had verizon) and neither of them could get signal to call the Uber.

Just something to look out for, might be better to walk over to the walmart or something to call a car if that's the case. Be on the lookout for discount codes, my brother had one for the Dolphins/Titans game that took 20 bucks off the cost.

Also, if there's a wait for regular Ubers, try your luck with a LUX, you might get a car right away if you're willing to pay a few more bucks.

Getting to the game is really easy, leaving might be a different story. I suggest getting UBER/LYFT ready to go before you get to the area. I uber'd to a dolphins game one time and leaving was a mess because everyone is there at the same time trying to call cars and it clogs up the bandwidth on your cell data/uber had a wait.

Granted this was last year so they might have still had kinks to work out. However my brother was at the dolphins/titans game and had a similar issue getting an uber where he didn't have any signal (he has sprint, my cousin had verizon) and neither of them could get signal to call the Uber.

Just something to look out for, might be better to walk over to the walmart or something to call a car if that's the case. Be on the lookout for discount codes, my brother had one for the Dolphins/Titans game that took 20 bucks off the cost.

Also, if there's a wait for regular Ubers, try your luck with a LUX, you might get a car right away if you're willing to pay a few more bucks.
Thanks for the input!

Pick up drop off is on the east side of the stadium. Rates don't seem jacked up. It's about $30 from gables to the stadium.

Thanks for the input!

I agree. That pickup zone after the FSU game last year was a disaster. Granted, that was after a loss and I had been doin a little bit a boozin.

Advertisement
Don't know how they inforce but there's a sign at the Walmart that says no Uber pickup in their lot so make sure you go to designated areas.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back