Takeaways from the game

Defensively

- Al Blades by far is the worst player on our defense. Can't get off of blocks, can't tackle, and most importantly get's beat every time in coverage
- Brooks and Steed were our best two linebackers
- Nesta was our best player tonight defensively
- The secondary is atrocious. Thank god we got pressure and their QB was not good. Their receivers were open majority of the game.
- I like Keontra Smith

Offensively

- King is the best player on offense (Obvious)
- Cam Harris is our third best back behind Chaney and Knighton
- Paging Oline. It's the same thing every year. No push, no toughness. Very concerning
- Payton should be playing over Pope
- Lashlee play calling was super vanilla, I expect better from him.

Overall Takeaways

- This is still the same team from last year. Blake Baker and Mike Rumph should and need to get fired after this season.
- Slow on defense
- 8 wins maximum.
- Manny won't get fired during the season because of the situation (Covid; BLM)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Defensively

- Al Blades by far is the worst player on our defense. Can't get off of blocks, can't tackle, and most importantly get's beat every time in coverage
- The secondary is atrocious. Thank god we got pressure and their QB was not good. Their receivers were open majority of the game.
- I like Keontra Smith

Offensively

- Paging Oline. It's the same thing every year. No push, no toughness. Very concerning

Overall Takeaways

- This is still the same team from last year. Blake Baker and Mike Rumph should and need to get fired after this season.
- Slow on defense
- 8 wins maximum.
Pretty sure you've got the wrong roster chart. Ivey was the liability. I actually only remember Blades guy catching one ball.

Last edited:
Dude
If we have to rely on Ivey and Blades for next 10 games them refill your anti depressants because these guys are unreliable AF!
Oh I know, but what options do we have? Couch is our 3rd corner and looked lost on multiple plays. This is what happens when you suck at recruiting CB and your best corner leaves only to go undrafted.

Oh I know, but what options do we have? Couch is our 3rd corner and looked lost on multiple plays. This is what happens when you suck at recruiting CB and your best corner leaves only to go undrafted.
Rumph is responsible according to his job description! Our corners are horrendous!
We are a better overall team than last year but we likely gonna get blown out agin by Clemson

Advertisement
Blades had two plays that really impressed me: the slant he blew up for an incompletion after ball touched receiver’s hands and that beautiful break up on the deep ball. He’s also an excellent tackler. Jalean also disruptive. If anything, I think LB play is the defensive liability

Defensively

- I like Keontra Smith

Offensively

Overall Takeaways

- Slow on defense
- 8 wins maximum.
Your drunk.

Defensively

- I like Keontra Smith

Offensively

Overall Takeaways

- Slow on defense
- 8 wins maximum.
I said after the last scrimmage that 6 TD's bothered me. Some agreed some did not. We now know why. Its the secondary. My take I saw way too many things that look like last years Manny coached team. My win total just came down.

Defensively

- I like Keontra Smith

Offensively

Overall Takeaways

- Slow on defense
- 8 wins maximum.

This is an amazing series of hot takes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We ran about 79 plays yesterday to UAB's approx 60 We had the ball less than 2 minutes more than them. The faster offensive theme has to be acknowledged. Didn't run 70 plays last year once.

We had 52 rushes yesterday. Imagine if we passed instead of ran. We could have run even more plays because the clock stops more in the passing game. The offense is going to be impressive.

Blades is significantly better than Ivey and doesn’t make me want to gouge my eyes out every defensive Blades is significantly better than Ivey and doesn’t make me want to gouge my eyes out every

Blades is good in coverage but sucks in run support. Ivey is good in run support but sucks in coverage. If only they could do a fusion dance or something...

Advertisement
Back