Takeaways from FSU's Embarrassing Loss

Advertisement
FSU's athletic department LOST money last year and Willie has a $17M buyout. Like I've said for a year on this board, there is no way he's going to be fired this season. He WILL coach there in 2020, at least. They literally cannot buy him out, they don't have near the money at this point.

Not to mention you have to buy out all the assistants, then you have to buy out a new head coach (unless they hire someone with no HC experience, and good luck with that. Briles maybe?). Willie is safe for at least this year. Jimmy Sexton should be arrested for how bad he fleeced FSU with Willie's deal. 6 years/$30 million and 85% of remaining money left if he's fired. LMAOOOOOOO.

I thought that it was possible for Boise State to upset FSU today, but not by making an 18-point comeback. There are a few observations we can take away from this game. All-in-all, FSU is in a similar situation to Miami in 2015.
  1. It's the beginning of the end for Willie Taggart. Likely more than not, Taggart will stay on for the rest of the season. He has a massive buyout, and FSU's Athletic Department isn't in a position right now to make that type of financial sacrifice. Barring some extreme situation where FSU boosters pony up the money, Taggart will be on until the Florida game. FSU gets a reprieve next week with a game against Louisiana Monroe (let's see what happens) before they travel to UVA for a big matchup. There are likely at least four more losses (Clemson, Miami, Florida, and Syracuse) on this schedule and the potential for three more after that (Boston College, UVA, and Wake Forrest).

Ultimately, I do think it's FSU's best interest to keep Taggart on board for as long as possible. Trust the process. For a fanbase that printed signs telling us to "Keep Al Golden," this is karma.

2. FSU's run defense is swiss cheese. From Boise State's first drive, they were able to run the ball at ease. FSU's DL looked slow, their LB's were lost. The pass defense wasn't much better, and eventually got shredded by a True Freshman QB making his first start ever.

3. Kendal Briles lit up the scoreboard in the first half but was a non-factor in the second half. FSU's offense seemed to have reverted to its 2018 version during the break at half. A lot of that scoring in the first half was due to poor tackling, a terrible defensive scheme (Boise DB's were giving ten-yard cushions), and good field position.

Ultimately, FSU's offense did look better in one half of the game but was terrible once Boise State made adjustments. Their offense got manhandled in the second half, and their defense did no better. Surprisingly, FSU players were constantly cramping up and going down, but the Boise State guys didn't have a problem.

4. FSU's time of possession was abysmal. Much like last year, FSU had a lot of "microwave drives." Quick three and outs which barely took any time off the clock. No defense, no matter the conditioning, can stay fresh and effective when having to play more than 100 downs of football.

5. Willie Taggart proved, yet again, that he cannot make adjustments at the half. This has been a problem for Taggart since his days at Oregon. He's blown a lot of games with terrible second-half performances. It doesn't look like he'll be improving much in this area of the game.

6. FSU has fallen quicker than any other of the Florida programs in their downcycle. For Miami, it took until 2007 for the team to hit rock bottom, five years after the team's last national championship appearance. Miami has had one below .500 regular season in that time. For Florida, they didn't hit rock bottom until 2014, five years after their last competitive SEC championship appearance. Since then, they've had two below .500 regular seasons. For FSU, in less than four years, they went from playoff contender to not having bowl eligibility. It's not looking good for their prospects this year.

All-in-all, FSU will have to make a homerun hire in their next go-around. With limited experience making hires, only one since Bobby Bowden (Jimbo was coach in waiting for a while) there's even more pressure.
Miami has to take advantage of FSU's putrid situation. With a Florida Gators team that isn't too far ahead, if at all ahead, we need to capitalize on this situation. As always, our game in Doak will likely be a battle. There isn't a better year though for Miami to return the favor to FSU in convincing fashion.

OK, so all of this being true.....let's try and not have to pull out a last second victory again this year as 2 td favorites.

FSU's athletic department LOST money last year and Willie has a $17M buyout. Like I've said for a year on this board, there is no way he's going to be fired this season. He WILL coach there in 2020, at least. They literally cannot buy him out, they don't have near the money at this point.

Not to mention you have to buy out all the assistants, then you have to buy out a new head coach (unless they hire someone with no HC experience, and good luck with that. Briles maybe?). Willie is safe for at least this year. Jimmy Sexton should be arrested for how bad he fleeced FSU with Willie's deal. 6 years/$30 million and 85% of remaining money left if he's fired. LMAOOOOOOO.

Yeah but the thing is all of that BO money doesn't have to be paid out at once, that $17M would have to be paid out in increments. And most of those contracts are incentive laden, so I seriously doubt Taggarts base pay is $5M per year. FSU would have to be stupid AF if they left themselves on the hook for that much.

Advertisement
Yeah but the thing is all of that BO money doesn't have to be paid out at once, that $17M would have to be paid out in increments. And most of those contracts are incentive laden, so I seriously doubt Taggarts base pay is $5M per year. FSU would have to be stupid AF if they left themselves on the hook for that much.

Check the contract.

9DAE36C6-0D0E-406F-B111-918F1CD663A3.jpeg

It will be unwise to let Taggart go until he's had at least 4 years to turn this thing around. They lost, but there is offensive improvement. It's not always about the wins. Steps in the right direction too are important. I saw steps in the right direction for them today.

Yea but unfortunately they were walking and Boise State decided to run..🤣

Briles offense looked great when BS DBs we’re giving his WRs 10-15 yd cushions and couldn’t tackle.When they made those minor adjustments at halftime that all world can’t be stopped offense went silent.Once they adjusted to it Briles had no adjustments to make it go again.Thst offense will be shut down against a good defense that will play man to man up in your face defense.

Good news for us is that FSPoo is B R O K E and can’t afford to pay Dancing Willie’s buyout cause if not for that Rappin’ Willie would be looking for work.

Advertisement

Might want to go look at the contract cause they are and they did.

Check the contract.
Might want to go look at the contract cause they are and they did.

I didn't see what His base pay was, but according to this article, His BO would have to be paid in increments.

"If Taggart is fired by FSU at any point, Taggart will receive 85 percent of the remaining compensation left on his contract. The payments would be made on a monthly basis over the remaining term of the contract."

Not sure if you saw the End Game piece but the Noles didn’t look all that surprised or ****ed they had just lost the game. They seem resigned to the fact that another ****** year is underway for them and their football team.

Interesting quotes below, but She-man holes ready to fly banners, lol!
D1C2852D-1C57-4590-A3B9-0FCC633DAC74.jpeg

Advertisement
They still have no consistent running game. I think Akers is a legit talent but he's getting hit in the backfield on half his carries. They need to pray for a defensive breakdown so they can break a long run because they're straight doo doo on the ground. With no running game and poor offensive line, they can't throw the ball vertically like Briles wants to. They have speed at receiver and Blackman has a good arm but it takes time to get vertical. They used playfakes early to buy time but once the running game collapsed, Boise didn't have to honor the play action and just went right at the QB. Blacman is also not much of a threat in the rum game, negating a lot of the zone read stuff that sets up their entire offense
Boise is a solid team but they don't have half the athletes FSU has. An offense so simple that it doesn't need a playbook is just as easy for opposing coaches to figure out. Show one look with a safety, let them "check with me" and then shift. At the very least it will slow their offense down.

If they had a real coach they would be elite. They have a lot of top rated talent.

Advertisement
Guy that was at the game informed me that the FSU receivers, defensive backs, and a running back (not Cam) spent their warm-up period practicing touchdown dances. He said they were dancing for about a half hour.

He said a lot players were dancing in the pre game warmups but the touchdown dancing practice blew his mind
No way man...🤣🤣🤣🤣

Guy that was at the game informed me that the FSU receivers, defensive backs, and a running back (not Cam) spent their warm-up period practicing touchdown dances. He said they were dancing for about a half hour.

He said a lot players were dancing in the pre game warmups but the touchdown dancing practice blew his mind
jesus no culture change

#Do something

I’ll tell you what, you pieces of **** on here make me sick, you all are so excited to kick FSU’s corpse that you don’t take into consideration the feelings of one of CIS most esteemed posters. Have any of you bothered to check on Blackvern ??? Maybe send the police to check on him ?.

Advertisement
Back