Take Jimmy's name out your mouth...

Advertisement
...when you're talking about Manny Diaz. Yeah Jimmy went 8-5 (in 1984, 🙄). Look at his schedule!!!

1. #10 Canes (N) #1 Auburn W 20-18
2. #10 Canes (N) #17 Florida W 32-20
3. #1 Canes @ #14 Michigan L 14-22
4. #5 Canes @ Purdue W 28-17
5. #4 Canes vs #15 FSU L 3-38
6. #16 Canes vs Rice W 38-3
7. #14 Canes @ #16 Irish W 31-13
8. #10 Canes @ Cincy W 49-25
9. #9 Canes vs Pitt W 27-7
10. #6 Canes @ Louisville W 38-23
Wheels come off the D a bit here
10. #6 Canes vs Terps L 40-42
11. #12 Canes vs #10 BC L 45-47
12. #13 Canes (N) #14 UCLA L 37-39

Newsflash guys. We're in the Corstal and some of you are saying well Jimmy went 8-5! Jimmy played 7 ranked teams and beat 3 of them including #1 Auburn, and Florida and Notre Dame.

I'm not even saying we gotta fire Manny today, even though I didnt want him in the first place and am still very disappointed in the hiring process. Just please stop the nonsense comparisons to Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy was playing a murderous schedule in his first season with a staff he didnt get to pick.
LOL, what were we ranked to start the season..
Enough said.

Advertisement
Yeah but jimmy had a top 10 team...got up to number 1 then got killed by FSU and faltered down the stretch..Manny had us ready for a top 10 UF Team.. jimmy was in the top 5 numerous times and went 8-5. I get the schedule part tho on face value Jimmy played a tough one..but still went 8-5 with a top 10 team that made it up the number 1 rankings..still apple to oranges as far as circumstances..but if manny goes 8-5 which means this team starts playing better and then u compare it to jimmys 8-5 season, I’d say mannys 8-5 is more acceptable (don’t twist my words into saying 8-5 is good).. who ever made this comp is tripping tho, different circumstances
"Manny had us ready for a top 10 UF Team"

wut-imgflip-54314162.png

...when you're talking about Manny Diaz. Yeah Jimmy went 8-5 (in 1984, 🙄). Look at his schedule!!!

Newsflash guys. We're in the Corstal and some of you are saying well Jimmy went 8-5! Jimmy played 7 ranked teams and beat 3 of them including #1 Auburn, and Florida and Notre Dame.

I'm not even saying we gotta fire Manny today, even though I didnt want him in the first place and am still very disappointed in the hiring process. Just please stop the nonsense comparisons to Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy was playing a murderous schedule in his first season with a staff he didnt get to pick.
Miss that upvote right about now.

I understand dropping one after playing four top 20 teams in 5 weeks, but what the **** happened in that fsu game to make it so lopsided?

Advertisement
24-20..is that not a close competitive game that was determined by, missed FGs..muffed punt..Dropped pass..10 sacks..the same UF team that beat AU by double digits..is UF not currently Ranked in the top ten
"missed FGs..muffed punt..Dropped pass..10 sacks" That is not coaching. There were so many mistakes made by both teams. It wasn't a well coached or well prepped game. Yes UF is good but they kept us in that game because of mistakes and penalties. If UF plays a good game they blow us out by three TDs. That pains me to say to.

"missed FGs..muffed punt..Dropped pass..10 sacks" That is not coaching. There were so many mistakes made by both teams. It wasn't a well coached or well prepped game. Yes UF is good but they kept us in that game because of mistakes and penalties. If UF plays a good game they blow us out by three TDs. That pains me to say to.
I’d actually say we outplayed UF..the box score say the same..you can’t say “if UF played a good game” because if we played a good game we win by double digits..at the end we all agree we gave UF the game more then they kept us in the game..10 sacks I’ll put on manny and co because they continue to trot those Kids out..but the missed FG, missed tackles, blown coverages, dropped punt and TD by Thomas are player errors..the team was put in position to win, aside from the oline

Advertisement

Jimmy was probably the best coach I ever saw when he was on his game. Comparing coaches to him is like comparing a basketball player to Jordan. (Pointless.)

Lol at people comparing him to jj....look at tge ranking of the canes as well even with the losses voters respected that roster. Now if we lose once and we are ranked 10 we would drop out the 25 cause they know we suck and have for years. We dont get the best players anymore

Advertisement
Lol at people comparing him to jj....look at tge ranking of the canes as well even with the losses voters respected that roster. Now if we lose once and we are ranked 10 we would drop out the 25 cause they know we suck and have for years. We dont get the best players anymore
We often dont get the second best players anymore. Last year we lost 3*s to Syracuse & UCF.

Lol, you must have heard my call with some you-tubers today when I mentioned Jimmy Johnson's schedule compared to Manny's. To Manny's defense though Jimmy had a better O-line :distrust:

Just saying... Lol

Lol, you must have heard my call with some you-tubers today when I mentioned Jimmy Johnson's schedule compared to Manny's. To Manny's defense though Jimmy had a better O-line :distrust:

Just saying... Lol
I might have. 😂
You got me triggered.
Jimmy did have a better roster, but his schedule was much more difficult, and he beat the Number 1 team in the country. Won @ ranked Notre Dame, won vs Florida...
so I'll tell you what...
If Manny beats UVA, beats GT, beats Pitt, beats FSU, beats Louisville, beats FIU, and lets say loses on a hail mary to Duke, he's then 8-4, then say he beats #4 Clemson in the ACC championship, but loses to Michigan in a really close game. Then we can start drawing parallels.

Its not specific to you, I see the Jimmy thing every time we hire a new corch.

I might have. 😂
You got me triggered.
Jimmy did have a better roster, but his schedule was much more difficult, and he beat the Number 1 team in the country. Won @ ranked Notre Dame, won vs Florida...
so I'll tell you what...
If Manny beats UVA, beats GT, beats Pitt, beats FSU, beats Louisville, beats FIU, and lets say loses on a hail mary to Duke, he's then 8-4, then say he beats #4 Clemson in the ACC championship, but loses to Michigan in a really close game. Then we can start drawing parallels.

Its not specific to you, I see the Jimmy think every time we hire a new corch.

I don't blame you, I always fall for it too.

Advertisement
Back