Take Jimmy's name out your mouth...

Yeah but jimmy had a top 10 team...got up to number 1 then got killed by FSU and faltered down the stretch..Manny had us ready for a top 10 UF Team.. jimmy was in the top 5 numerous times and went 8-5. I get the schedule part tho on face value Jimmy played a tough one..but still went 8-5 with a top 10 team that made it up the number 1 rankings..still apple to oranges as far as circumstances..but if manny goes 8-5 which means this team starts playing better and then u compare it to jimmys 8-5 season, I’d say mannys 8-5 is more acceptable (don’t twist my words into saying 8-5 is good).. who ever made this comp is tripping tho, different circumstances
Are you crazy? Manolo is a worthless,idiot ,******, football mind- Jimmy was a genius- don’t even try to compare the two or else I will have you baker acted- it’s that clear and simple- GOT IT???!!!!!

Advertisement
Personal attacks
I honestly have never seen anybody make this reach to stick up for manny and co
[/QUOTE
24-20..is that not a close competitive game that was determined by, missed FGs..muffed punt..Dropped pass..10 sacks..the same UF team that beat AU by double digits..is UF not currently Ranked in the top ten
Stop man- just stop- your irritating persistence will just make a clearer, more accurate picture of your idiot self come November- JUST STOP- MANNY SUCKS AND HE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN HIRED AS MIAMI’S HEAD COACH- OK- O- *******-K????!!!!!

P

What if Manny Diaz took over Alabama this season and went 8-5? That would be the equivalent to what Jimmy Johnson did. I have no idea why we are referencing 1984 Miami. That team was loaded with first round picks like Kosar, Testaverde, Eddie Brown, Jerome Brown, Alonzo Highsmith and so forth.

The current Canes roster will have numerous guys in which we're watching the 6th and 7th rounds of the draft wondering if they'll be picked. Meanwhile Alabama might have 3 wide receivers drafted in the first round next year. Plus Tua. Plus the linebacker Moses. Plus the defensive tackle Brown. Plus the cornerback Diggs. Plus the other defensive tackle Davis.

I really don't think most posters here have any clue what type of haul Alabama will produce next year. That is the talent gap we are dealing with. It doesn't even include Jalen Hurts who likely has moved into high rounds himself.

Never allow the administrators here to hype Canes talent and get away with it. You are disgracing yourself if you allow it. Every time they attempt it the first 50 replies should be mocking laughter. I hope classes like the Alabama 2020 draft are a necessary gulp reminder toward where we actually stand, compared to where we need to be.

...when you're talking about Manny Diaz. Yeah Jimmy went 8-5 (in 1984, 🙄). Look at his schedule!!!

1. #10 Canes (N) #1 Auburn W 20-18
2. #10 Canes (N) #17 Florida W 32-20
3. #1 Canes @ #14 Michigan L 14-22
4. #5 Canes @ Purdue W 28-17
5. #4 Canes vs #15 FSU L 3-38
6. #16 Canes vs Rice W 38-3
7. #14 Canes @ #16 Irish W 31-13
8. #10 Canes @ Cincy W 49-25
9. #9 Canes vs Pitt W 27-7
10. #6 Canes @ Louisville W 38-23
Wheels come off the D a bit here
10. #6 Canes vs Terps L 40-42
11. #12 Canes vs #10 BC L 45-47
12. #13 Canes (N) #14 UCLA L 37-39

Newsflash guys. We're in the Corstal and some of you are saying well Jimmy went 8-5! Jimmy played 7 ranked teams and beat 3 of them including #1 Auburn, and Florida and Notre Dame.

I'm not even saying we gotta fire Manny today, even though I didnt want him in the first place and am still very disappointed in the hiring process. Just please stop the nonsense comparisons to Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy was playing a murderous schedule in his first season with a staff he didnt get to pick.
Jimmy went to a 4-3 after that year and brought in sick recruiting classes. The coastal sucks! Check out the teams Jimmy played while at UM. Glory Days.

Advertisement
Lol at people comparing him to jj....look at tge ranking of the canes as well even with the losses voters respected that roster. Now if we lose once and we are ranked 10 we would drop out the 25 cause they know we suck and have for years. We dont get the best players anymore
JJ's staff was amazing. This staff is a joke.

24-20..is that not a close competitive game that was determined by, missed FGs..muffed punt..Dropped pass..10 sacks..the same UF team that beat AU by double digits..is UF not currently Ranked in the top ten
10 sacks and a million penalties = had us ready. Lmao

What if Manny Diaz took over Alabama this season and went 8-5? That would be the equivalent to what Jimmy Johnson did. I have no idea why we are referencing 1984 Miami. That team was loaded with first round picks like Kosar, Testaverde, Eddie Brown, Jerome Brown, Alonzo Highsmith and so forth.

The current Canes roster will have numerous guys in which we're watching the 6th and 7th rounds of the draft wondering if they'll be picked. Meanwhile Alabama might have 3 wide receivers drafted in the first round next year. Plus Tua. Plus the linebacker Moses. Plus the defensive tackle Brown. Plus the cornerback Diggs. Plus the other defensive tackle Davis.

I really don't think most posters here have any clue what type of haul Alabama will produce next year. That is the talent gap we are dealing with. It doesn't even include Jalen Hurts who likely has moved into high rounds himself.

Never allow the administrators here to hype Canes talent and get away with it. You are disgracing yourself if you allow it. Every time they attempt it the first 50 replies should be mocking laughter. I hope classes like the Alabama 2020 draft are a necessary gulp reminder toward where we actually stand, compared to where we need to be.
Alabama wasn’t ranked 10th, they were ranked 2nd and Alabama won’t have to play 7 ranked teams (5 of them on neutral field). And no one is saying it was a great year

JJ's staff was amazing. This staff is a joke.

JJ dealt with a coaching mutiny and playing in a 3-4 defense that he despised in '84 because he couldn't fire any of Howard's assistant coaches for one year.

And he was still able to bring in a strong recruiting class - which included Steve Walsh - with the coaching upheaval.

Advertisement
JJ dealt with a coaching mutiny and playing in a 3-4 defense that he despised in '84 because he couldn't fire any of Howard's assistant coaches for one year.

And he was still able to bring in a strong recruiting class - which included Steve Walsh - with the coaching upheaval.
Correct. Howard won an NC in 83, jimmy kept the offensive staff intact which was a great staff and brought in his own staff on D. The staff he brought with him on D was a great staff. This staff sucks

IS this another strawdaddy arugment thread? @ who's comparing Diaz to Jimmy

Bingo.

**** JJ was known as a choke artist until He won His first Natty.

Take away the 4-3, the OB, the Herschel Walker trade, and JJ would've been another run of the mill CORCH!!!...LMAO, and don't forget Fred Taylor pimped His *** in His final game with the Dolphins.

Advertisement
You just did twice in this thread
I responded to the topic in the thread..like I said in my earlier response I’m guessing it went over your head...there’s no correlation between jimmys team and this year. From a talent standpoint to the circumstances

Advertisement
Yeah but jimmy had a top 10 team...got up to number 1 then got killed by FSU and faltered down the stretch..Manny had us ready for a top 10 UF Team.. jimmy was in the top 5 numerous times and went 8-5. I get the schedule part tho on face value Jimmy played a tough one..but still went 8-5 with a top 10 team that made it up the number 1 rankings..still apple to oranges as far as circumstances..but if manny goes 8-5 which means this team starts playing better and then u compare it to jimmys 8-5 season, I’d say mannys 8-5 is more acceptable (don’t twist my words into saying 8-5 is good).. who ever made this comp is tripping tho, different circumstances

Manny had us ready for a top 10 UF team?

Huh? was it the 27 sacks, the 4th and 197 conversion, or the dropped balls and punts that clued you in on that one?

If you want to say, sadly, that might be the best performance Manny's Canes have put up all year, then maybe your right.....but while we might have been better than the debacle in Dallas last year, we were not "ready" for a UF team that we should be beat.

We have not been "ready" in even most aspects of the game yet this year.

Manny had us ready for a top 10 UF team?

Huh? was it the 27 sacks, the 4th and 197 conversion, or the dropped balls and punts that clued you in on that one?

If you want to say, sadly, that might be the best performance Manny's Canes have put up all year, then maybe your right.....but while we might have been better than the debacle in Dallas last year, we were not "ready" for a UF team that we should be beat.

We have not been "ready" in even most aspects of the game yet this year.
I’m talking about week zero..so yes we were in position to win..I’m not gonna let the last result change my opinion of what happened vs UF..going into that game we “shouldn’t have beat UF”..now the oline is on manny and co cause I don’t ever agree with starting a TF LT and RS freshman RT on the same line..but as far as being in a position to win the game: 3 key plays off the top of my head, Drop Contested catch by JT4, muffed punt by JT4, missed field goal..those are not on coaching..even with the 10 sacks the team had a chance to go up two scores

Advertisement
Back