Tailgating at notre lame

Havanacane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
325
Never been to notre lame before. Is there a lot I need to try to buy tickets in to be tailgating or what’s everyone’s plans
 
i was there in 2016 and i dont recall having to buy tickets other than whatever car was being parked. we stayed in chicago and drove over and had breakfast very early and then spent the day walking around and go to several UM tailgates.
 
I was also there in 2016 and I can honestly say the day after we dropped the bomb on Japan, Hiroshima was a more cheerful city. And I’m 44 years old, I’m too old to just blindly hate on everything non-Miami. That’s childish ****. There are plenty of other cities around the country that colleges are in that are cool as ****. A ton. South Bend is not one of them. A literal cesspool, the people looked like zombified mutants, the weather sucks, the city is the size of Abella Danger’s ***, at most, it’s dingy and terrible.

If you’ve never been, you have to go. The campus is beyond incredible. It’s a bucket list must for any real CFB fan. But holy **** the surrounding area is Chernobyl if a million people farted at the same time. Useless.
 
I was also there in 2016 and I can honestly say the day after we dropped the bomb on Japan, Hiroshima was a more cheerful city. And I’m 44 years old, I’m too old to just blindly hate on everything non-Miami. That’s childish ****. There are plenty of other cities around the country that colleges are in that are cool as ****. A ton. South Bend is not one of them. A literal cesspool, the people looked like zombified mutants, the weather sucks, the city is the size of Abella Danger’s ***, at most, it’s dingy and terrible.

If you’ve never been, you have to go. The campus is beyond incredible. It’s a bucket list must for any real CFB fan. But holy **** the surrounding area is Chernobyl if a million people farted at the same time. Useless.

i dont care nor really remember the town other than the breakfast place, but you wont meet nicer more pleasant and respectfully people than those that actually go to or attend ND games (generally). they were by far the nicest people i've met in an away game ever.
 
I was also there in 2016 and I can honestly say the day after we dropped the bomb on Japan, Hiroshima was a more cheerful city. And I’m 44 years old, I’m too old to just blindly hate on everything non-Miami. That’s childish ****. There are plenty of other cities around the country that colleges are in that are cool as ****. A ton. South Bend is not one of them. A literal cesspool, the people looked like zombified mutants, the weather sucks, the city is the size of Abella Danger’s ***, at most, it’s dingy and terrible.

If you’ve never been, you have to go. The campus is beyond incredible. It’s a bucket list must for any real CFB fan. But holy **** the surrounding area is Chernobyl if a million people farted at the same time. Useless.
That’s a big *** city….
 
I was also there in 2016 and I can honestly say the day after we dropped the bomb on Japan, Hiroshima was a more cheerful city. And I’m 44 years old, I’m too old to just blindly hate on everything non-Miami. That’s childish ****. There are plenty of other cities around the country that colleges are in that are cool as ****. A ton. South Bend is not one of them. A literal cesspool, the people looked like zombified mutants, the weather sucks, the city is the size of Abella Danger’s ***, at most, it’s dingy and terrible.

If you’ve never been, you have to go. The campus is beyond incredible. It’s a bucket list must for any real CFB fan. But holy **** the surrounding area is Chernobyl if a million people farted at the same time. Useless.
Went two years ago, and you're right the area is awful and nothing to do in town, but for a first experience it was phenomenal.
I love in northern Ontario Canada so it was a 10 hour drive.

Didn't get involved with tailgating.

I was going to ask we got closer to see if there were any Canes fans doing some tailgating and finally meet some of these meatheads.

Already got my tickets and hotel.
 
i dont care nor really remember the town other than the breakfast place, but you wont meet nicer more pleasant and respectfully people than those that actually go to or attend ND games (generally). they were by far the nicest people i've met in an away game ever.

Ever been to Clemson? I had a friend pay a Clemson fan $20 to tell him to go **** himself just to feel something. Literally too nice. I didn’t interact with many ND fans there, I don’t remember anyone being nice. There were a few ******** but I welcome that. I’m sure the atmosphere will be 100% different this year…in 2016 both teams kinda sucked. ND was 2-5 and we had lost 3 in a row. Nobody seemed to care about the game, which was understandable. Felt like a high school atmosphere. But we stayed in town the night before so I was basically there for 48 hours and it sucked donkey ****.
 
Went two years ago, and you're right the area is awful and nothing to do in town, but for a first experience it was phenomenal.
I love in northern Ontario Canada so it was a 10 hour drive.

Didn't get involved with tailgating.

I was going to ask we got closer to see if there were any Canes fans doing some tailgating and finally meet some of these meatheads.

Already got my tickets and hotel.

For sure. I’ve you’ve never been and you’re even a halfway college football fan and historian, go. 10000%. The campus is absolutely incredible. Touchdown Jesus, the grotto, all that stuff. You have to do it once as a CFB fan. Breathtaking campus and history there.
 
Ever been to Clemson? I had a friend pay a Clemson fan $20 to tell him to go **** himself just to feel something. Literally too nice. I didn’t interact with many ND fans there, I don’t remember anyone being nice. There were a few ******** but I welcome that. I’m sure the atmosphere will be 100% different this year…in 2016 both teams kinda sucked. ND was 2-5 and we had lost 3 in a row. Nobody seemed to care about the game, which was understandable. Felt like a high school atmosphere. But we stayed in town the night before so I was basically there for 48 hours and it sucked donkey ****.

Yet another talent that Abella possesses…
 
Ever been to Clemson? I had a friend pay a Clemson fan $20 to tell him to go **** himself just to feel something. Literally too nice. I didn’t interact with many ND fans there, I don’t remember anyone being nice. There were a few ******** but I welcome that. I’m sure the atmosphere will be 100% different this year…in 2016 both teams kinda sucked. ND was 2-5 and we had lost 3 in a row. Nobody seemed to care about the game, which was understandable. Felt like a high school atmosphere. But we stayed in town the night before so I was basically there for 48 hours and it sucked donkey ****.
i went to clemson when i was at college in north carolina. nice people for sure, typical southerners.

i did interact with ND fans because we walked the campus before.
 
Some of my friends and I will be in the Stadium lot. Any of you are more than welcome to swing by for some free food and drinks. We are a friendly group.

I do recommend coming over to campus on Friday if you can. The campus is already buzzing and they have cool stuff going on the Friday before a big game. Also, you can check out the campus at a relaxed pace. I also agree with previous poster, South Bend in general isn't great. Campus is amazing. Look forward to seeing some of you up in South Bend.
 
Never been to notre lame before. Is there a lot I need to try to buy tickets in to be tailgating or what’s everyone’s plans
White Field is probably where you want to buy tickets for. Its where visiting teams usually set up shop. I think tickets are $35. Stadium lot and Joyce lot are closer and closer to $50. If you do White lot you would have to ride the free shuttle over.
 
Never been to notre lame before. Is there a lot I need to try to buy tickets in to be tailgating or what’s everyone’s plans
White Field is probably where you want to buy tickets for. Its where visiting teams usually set up shop. I think tickets are $35. Stadium lot and Joyce lot are closer and closer to $50. If you do White lot you would have to ride the free shuttle over.
Thank you
 
Never been to notre lame before. Is there a lot I need to try to buy tickets in to be tailgating or what’s everyone’s plans
You have to buy a parking pass for any of the lots on campus. The best lots for tailgating in order are: Stadium lot (S); Joyce (J); Library (L); and Innovation Park (IP). These are all pretty difficult to get and you’ll have to spend some money.

White (W) is north of campus and a pretty long walk. They also have shuttles that run to the library but you should plan on walking back to W after the game unless you want to wait forever.

There is a lot of off campus parking that you can find for $40-$100. I’ve had Stadium passes forever so I don’t really know the tailgating situation in these lots that well, but various businesses and residences along State Road 23 and south and east of campus sell parking.

If you want to buy a ticket for a tent/buffet style or cater you can use this place: https://gamedayyourway.com/notre-dame/tailgates/. I believe they offer bus rides from Chicago and also their big tent setup is over by the IP lot. You can also park in the Eddy Street Commons garage next to Embassy Suites for about $100.
 
I was also there in 2016 and I can honestly say the day after we dropped the bomb on Japan, Hiroshima was a more cheerful city. And I’m 44 years old, I’m too old to just blindly hate on everything non-Miami. That’s childish ****. There are plenty of other cities around the country that colleges are in that are cool as ****. A ton. South Bend is not one of them. A literal cesspool, the people looked like zombified mutants, the weather sucks, the city is the size of Abella Danger’s ***, at most, it’s dingy and terrible.

If you’ve never been, you have to go. The campus is beyond incredible. It’s a bucket list must for any real CFB fan. But holy **** the surrounding area is Chernobyl if a million people farted at the same time. Useless.
Don’t stay in the downtown South Bend area. I would also tend to avoid the State Road 933 corridor. Stay near campus at the Eddy Street Commons hotels or in Mishawaka or rent a house in Granger from Rent Like a Champion or one of the other services.
 
i was there in 2016 and i dont recall having to buy tickets other than whatever car was being parked. we stayed in chicago and drove over and had breakfast very early and then spent the day walking around and go to several UM tailgates.
Yup I’ve been there a few times and this is what I’ve done each time

I would recommend this
The hotels in south bend during game day weekend are $$$$&
 
Never been to notre lame before. Is there a lot I need to try to buy tickets in to be tailgating or what’s everyone’s plans
White Field is probably where you want to buy tickets for. Its where visiting teams usually set up shop. I think tickets are $35. Stadium lot and Joyce lot are closer and closer to $50. If you do White lot you would have to ride the free shuttle over.
Joyce or Stadium lot passes for this game will be more like $500-$1000. They are harder to find than tickets.
 
Never been to notre lame before. Is there a lot I need to try to buy tickets in to be tailgating or what’s everyone’s plans
You have to buy a parking pass for any of the lots on campus. The best lots for tailgating in order are: Stadium lot (S); Joyce (J); Library (L); and Innovation Park (IP). These are all pretty difficult to get and you’ll have to spend some money.

White (W) is north of campus and a pretty long walk. They also have shuttles that run to the library but you should plan on walking back to W after the game unless you want to wait forever.

There is a lot of off campus parking that you can find for $40-$100. I’ve had Stadium passes forever so I don’t really know the tailgating situation in these lots that well, but various businesses and residences along State Road 23 and south and east of campus sell parking.

If you want to buy a ticket for a tent/buffet style or cater you can use this place: https://gamedayyourway.com/notre-dame/tailgates/. I believe they offer bus rides from Chicago and also their big tent setup is over by the IP lot. You can also park in the Eddy Street Commons garage next to Embassy Suites for about $100.
Thank you
 
Went there for the 2016 game but stayed in chicago. we rented a stretch limo and basically drank the whole way to south bend. Got there about an hour before kickoff. Had very little interest in tailgating there.
 
There are parking passes on StubHub for this game and they are priced all over the place
 
Back
Top