Tackling

SFbayCane

All American
To the casual observer it might appear that our team misses too many tackles, and in actuality, we do.

To the observer paying closer attention, you can see that its mark dorito's scheme that is killing our athletes. Our defense is spread so thin vertically that EVERY tackle outside the guards has to be done in a one on one manner. The concept of gang tackling is not possible in dorito's schemes. Our players are being set up for failure.

They had 54 rushing attempts tonight. Everyone in that stadium knew they were gonna run on every play, yet dorito still had 6 guys that were 8+ yards off the line on every play. I simply cannot find any kind of common sense at all in this defensive scheme.

Advertisement
Not only that...our DL is 2 gapping and yet asked to tackle. You just can't sustain that over the course of a game.

Either you tackle the man or you dont..fck a spread defense vertically challenge bullcrap..1 ON 1 can you break down square up your shoulders, lower your pads and bring it from the hips..only Perryman can do it..sometimes...the rest of the team think they're Sean T or sumn and tackle with their shoulders or arms, **** so many guys were getting whooped in 1 on 1 blocks today somebody mightve tried to leg whip a **** tackle..STOP MAKING EXCUSES for these kids. They're big boys now and need to be held accountable. Everybody does, from coaches all the way down to number 85 on the roster

Either you tackle the man or you dont..fck a spread defense vertically challenge bullcrap..1 ON 1 can you break down square up your shoulders, lower your pads and bring it from the hips..only Perryman can do it..sometimes...the rest of the team think they're Sean T or sumn and tackle with their shoulders or arms, **** so many guys were getting whooped in 1 on 1 blocks today somebody mightve tried to leg whip a **** tackle..STOP MAKING EXCUSES for these kids. They're big boys now and need to be held accountable. Everybody does, from coaches all the way down to number 85 on the roster

I agree but if every player is whiffing on the tackles don't you think its a certain coach's fault?

Advertisement

I agree but if every player is whiffing on the tackles don't you think its a certain coach's fault?

How bro? I just told you hold to tackle..thats fundamentals! They know these things now you have to execute the plays and the execution part is player-made

not a factual statement. A great percentage of our one on one opportunities are with UM players who have a poor leverage position, which is due to the scheme. As AU pointed out in post #2, its nearly impossible to get a tackle out of your 3 down linemen. All too often our DB's have to sprint forward to get into the space where they are going to attempt a one on one tackle. This is a schematic issue, plain and simple.

Advertisement
Tackling was awful but so was having 6 guys in the box with an LB out wide every single play. Just bizarre. It's too bad Miami has the worst local reporters - possibly in the country - as I'd love to hear these coaches actually explain themselves.

Here's the million dollar question....is it really D'Onofrio's scheme, or is it really AG's scheme and D'Onfrio's just running it? I used to think it was D'Onfrio's scheme, but fast forward 4 years later, we still can't stop the run when EVERYONE knew it was coming, and AG refuses to make changes. Instead he's still defending the god **** scheme.

Its AG's scheme.

To the casual observer it might appear that our team misses too many tackles, and in actuality, we do.

To the observer paying closer attention, you can see that its mark dorito's scheme that is killing our athletes. Our defense is spread so thin vertically that EVERY tackle outside the guards has to be done in a one on one manner. The concept of gang tackling is not possible in dorito's schemes. Our players are being set up for failure.

They had 54 rushing attempts tonight. Everyone in that stadium knew they were gonna run on every play, yet dorito still had 6 guys that were 8+ yards off the line on every play. I simply cannot find any kind of common sense at all in this defensive scheme.

How bro? I just told you hold to tackle..thats fundamentals! They know these things now you have to execute the plays and the execution part is player-made

What if the player(s) don't have the fundamentals all the way down?

Advertisement
I'm not in the locker room and don't know, so I'll answer from my own perspective. If one of my direct reports was failing as miserably as dorito, I would get engaged personally.

All I can say.
noidea.gif

Here's the million dollar question....is it really D'Onofrio's scheme, or is it really AG's scheme and D'Onfrio's just running it? I used to think it was D'Onfrio's scheme, but fast forward 4 years later, we still can't stop the run when EVERYONE knew it was coming, and AG refuses to make changes. Instead he's still defending the god **** scheme.

Its AG's scheme.

not a factual statement. A great percentage of our one on one opportunities are with UM players who have a poor leverage position, which is due to the scheme. As AU pointed out in post #2, its nearly impossible to get a tackle out of your 3 down linemen. All too often our DB's have to sprint forward to get into the space where they are going to attempt a one on one tackle. This is a schematic issue, plain and simple.

Never played a down of football in your life bro and I know this because leverage means NOTHING when you're getting beat off the snap..once you lose that 1 on 1 battle which is all will once the ball is snapped there is nothing leverage can do to save you. Once again, coaches coach and players play..moderators should actually moderate.

What if the player(s) don't have the fundamentals all the way down?

On the coaching staff bro. There you got me to blame the coaching staff for ALLL the missed tackles and **** poor effort by the players, you're welcome

Advertisement
Not only that...our DL is 2 gapping and yet asked to tackle. You just can't sustain that over the course of a game.

Happens all the time. Just not with our players. If you can't get off blocks in this scheme, it won't work. If your LBs don't fill the right gaps, it won't work. If your players aren't willing or able to tackle, it won't work. We're not coached well enough to make any scheme work, so I'm not sure any of that matters.

only gapping that defense is doing is taking two fingers to open that gapping hole in their asses to let nebraska run train

If one of my direct reports was failing as miserable as D'Onfrio, he'd no longer be my direct report.

I'm not in the locker room and don't know, so I'll answer from my own perspective. If one of my direct reports was failing as miserably as dorito, I would get engaged personally.

All I can say.
noidea.gif

Its AG's scheme.

Gang tackle takes care of missed tackles. That's not something we do here..it's time to get rid of this regime. They are not going change anything

Advertisement
Back