T-Robs Targets

Advertisement
Is manny gonna restrict who he can recruit like he did with rumph?
That's a rash response, IMO. Folks repeat this stuff like it's proven and self-evident.

ALL head coaches have a process to determine which kids get offers. That process by definition means some kids won't. Since no one gets discussed for an offer unless there's a coach suggesting it, you wind up with a situation where essentially all coaches at all schools have constraints on their recruiting. Maybe some big time proven position coaches get more deference, but there are also school checks that will happen.

The issue with Rumph from all I've read was a philosophical one about profile (size) for the role. There's no reason to believe it was about Rumph's ability to evaluate. So either Manny will revise his criteria for CB recruiting (let's hope), or T Rob is going to be in a similar position.

My guess is that with Banda out of the discussion, and a new defensive staff, the defensive recruit eval process will be improved by default. We'll see if they get good at it.

Advertisement
Baffles me how Earl's kid is not a guaranteed Cane.
This mentality about Earl Little puzzles me. Earl Little committed to Michigan and played there for a year I believe before coming to Miami. He wasn't a loyal hurricane fan or commit it was only out of personal necessity that he came here so why would his son do anything different?

Advertisement
Didn’t trust Rumph like anyone who follows this program closely doesn’t

Trob is different though luckily
Our problems are bigger than Rumph! These kids are making business decisions when it comes to college choices. Our program right now is a mid level power 5 right now. We can’t play with the big boys right now. We have to win consistently before we can guarantee a legacy commitment but I feel you though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back