T.Cole CB Miramar

MdCanesFan

Freshman
Can somebody give us a summary of the article or post it..I know Pete has been saying for awhile now he doesnt think Cole will stick with his commitment for long and its just a matter of time before this kid flips but I just wanted to know if any new info is brought to light..thanks in advance folks

Advertisement
Miramar (FL) High School CB Tyrek Cole is an early Florida State commitment.

But the talented local recruit says by no means are the Hurricanes out of it - UM is one of his 30 scholarship offers.

"All the coaches hit me up every day from Miami on Facebook and coach (Al) Golden hits me up on Twitter," Cole said. "They've shown a lot of love, that they care for me. That would be a great place for me to play at."

Cole lists a top five of FSU, Miami, Auburn, Florida and South Carolina

He says what those five have in common is "the coaching staffs, the great history of the DBs they have there. That's basically it."

And what sold him on the Noles at this point?

"They have a great coaching staff, I feel their program will win in the future," Cole said. "And I can play early there."

Asked what Miami has to do if the program wants to catch FSU, he said, "They've shown me everything, hit me up every day, show they care about me. They're showing me what I want them to show me, so they just have to keep doing that."

He says a pull for UM is that "I'd be staying close to home so my family can be able to stay in touch with me easily."

* Cole says a major focus for him moving toward his senior year is putting on weight. At 6-foot-0 he currently weighs 171 pounds.

"I want to weigh 185 next season," he said. "I'll do it through the weight room, eating, all that."

Would be nice for Tracy to get a pick 6 on Rapist this year. Make a great visual for this kid.

Advertisement
We can change all the momentum in south florida for kids like this when we host FSU this season. If they come in undefeated and #1 in the country and we knock them off. oh **** shun

We can change all the momentum in south florida for kids like this when we host FSU this season. If they come in undefeated and #1 in the country and we knock them off. oh **** shun

Absolutely you can't keep getting beat by your arch rival especially when recruiting is so competitive if the canes can beat FSU this season and break the 4 game losing streak I think that will put SoFl recruiting through the roof for the canes!

Last edited:

Look what happened after they mauled us at home back in 2010. Since then each program has moved in opposite directions, both in regard to on-field success and in recruiting. I don't expect us to win next year, but I agree with your assessment. One game of that magnitude can make a colossal difference in minds of recruits.

Advertisement
Didn't realize he was that tall. For whatever reason I always kind of assumed he was another shorter corner down here. Would be a really nice pick up, obviously

I was watching him at SFE practice and he was at one corner and Irvin and Johnson were both at safety and T. McFadden was at the other corner and I thought to myself how nice this would be in orange and green.

Didn't realize he was that tall. For whatever reason I always kind of assumed he was another shorter corner down here. Would be a really nice pick up, obviously

Same here, and it's probably because he's listed at 5'10" by Rivals and 5'10 1/2" by 247.

Not sure whether those sites are accurate or the 6'0" listing in that article is correct. Great player regardless, obviously.

This has to be the best SFL DB class in decades.. With Howard set to be an ALL ACC CB and Top 2 round pick after next season, Cole knows he can come in and start.. Paul Williams is the only coach on this staff that is worth more than he's getting paid.. Our secondary has improved every season and should be top 10 in the country this year with ALL ACC CB Howard, 3 year starter Gunter, healthy Bush, and 3 year starter in Jenkins and a solid nickel back in Crawford. Artie Burns will be the best of this bunch by the end of the season.. Jamal Carter and Hester just waiting in the wings to take heads off over the middle..

Advertisement
I hope he sticks with them until next January, holds a spot, and then flips to us at the last moment.

Same here, and it's probably because he's listed at 5'10" by Rivals and 5'10 1/2" by 247.

Not sure whether those sites are accurate or the 6'0" listing in that article is correct. Great player regardless, obviously.

He's the same height as Tracy about 5'11 with Long arms.. Perfect size/build for an elite CB like Howard.

I hope he sticks with them until next January, holds a spot, and then flips to us at the last moment.

Na this recruitment reminds me of Artie's 2 years ago. Commits real early and family pushes him to stay in Miami.. He's real close with Howard's family.

Advertisement

Na this recruitment reminds me of Artie's 2 years ago. Commits real early and family pushes him to stay in Miami.. He's real close with Howard's family.

Only thing I disagree with is that "family pushed Cole here". I remember the rumors all over that he was a UF lock because he had some family that went there or something lke that but from all i've ever heard of about Cole was if anything he was a UM fan at the most and always like them more the UF. Location is whats helping push him here if theres any factor you want to talk about

Advertisement
Back