Syracuse game re-watch

Advertisement
Lol the problem is you with this false narrative that Rosier was anything but bad.

I've been said Syracuse he actually played really well. But look who the **** its against.
Theres a reason you chose to rewatch THIS game, and not the others. Because it the ONLY game that fits your BS narrative.

We'll see if you do a review of any of the 10 games he was ***....or if you're going to ******* rewatch Bethune or like Duke or some **** next.

Lol the problem is you with this false narrative that Rosier was anything but bad.

I've been said Syracuse he actually played really well. But look who the **** its against.
Theres a reason you chose to rewatch THIS game, and not the others. Because it the ONLY game that fits your BS narrative.

We'll see if you do a review of any of the 10 games he was ***....or if you're going to ******* rewatch Bethune or like Duke or some **** next.
I’ve actually gone over the Pitt game quite extensively for this board on various threads.

I’ve shown Ahmmon Richards and Jeff Thomas dropping sure TDs in the first quarter of that game.

I’ve shown Travis Homer run right into a pile for no gain instead of the gaping hole that was right there if he’d pick his eyes up. On his way to a 12 yard performance.

I’ve shown how Pitt also didn’t load safeties into the box to cause such a poor rushing performance. (16 yards by everyone not named Rosier). They stayed in their base Cover 4 defense all game long and took away the easy short passes and dared us to beat them deep. They stopped the run and had 4 or 5 sacks with their front 4.

And I’ve shown Trevor Darling and Tyree St. Louis getting straight up abused that entire game by guys no one will remember once their college days are over.

The problem with you and many other people on this board is that you have to try to bash Rosier in every thread for everything to the point to where you get upset, emotionally worked up, over the mere suggestion that he may have done some things well. Your words, “The false narrative that he was anything but bad...”

You’re in for a long season, buttercup, because the coaches rewatched the film, too, and they see what I’m seeing. Rosier was not god awful all the time, and he didn’t suck *** in 10 games. He made a ton of big plays in big moments and without those big plays in those critical moments, we don’t win 10 games last season. This was not a 10 win team with out a record setting performance by the quarterback.

Yeah, there’s a ton of things he can improve on, but he’s head and shoulders above his competition right now and he’s working harder to keep his job than the young guys are working to take it.

Unless, of course, you’re one these who think Richt’s just pumping sunshine up his *** so he don’t transfer.

If he’s that **** bad, who gives a **** if he leaves?

Last edited:
I’ve actually gone over the Pitt game quite extensively for this board on various threads.

I’ve shown Ahmmon Richards and Jeff Thomas dropping sure TDs in the first quarter of that game.

I’ve shown Travis Homer run right into a pile for no gain instead of the gaping hole that was right there if he’d pick his eyes up. On his way to a 12 yard performance.

I’ve shown how Pitt also didn’t load safeties into the box to cause such a poor rushing performance. (16 yards by everyone not named Rosier). They stayed in their base Cover 4 defense all game long and took away the easy short passes and dared us to beat them deep. They stopped the run and had 4 or 5 sacks with their front 4.

And I’ve shown Trevor Darling and Tyree St. Louis getting straight up abused that entire game by guys no one will remember once their college days are over.

The problem with you and many other people on this board is that you have to try to bash Rosier in every thread for everything to the point to where you get upset, emotionally worked up, over the mere suggestion that he may have done some things well. Your words, “The false narrative that he was anything but bad...”

You’re in for a long season, buttercup, because the coaches rewatched the film, too, and they see what I’m seeing. Rosier was not god awful all the time, and he didn’t suck *** in 10 games. He made a ton of big plays in big moments and without those big plays in those critical moments, we don’t win 10 games last season. This was not a 10 win team with out a record setting performance by the quarterback.

Yeah, there’s a ton of things he can improve on, but he’s head and shoulders above his competition right now and he’s working harder to keep his job than the young guys are working to take it.

Unless, of course, you’re one these who think Richt’s just pumping sunshine up his *** so he don’t transfer.

If he’s that **** bad, who gives a **** if he leaves?
So you're saying that Rosier having a 44% comp% in the Pitt game rests entirely on Homer, Richards, and Jeff Thomas, and the Oline. You're ******* special dude.
You know what Rosier did well last year? Scramble. He actually did that pretty well last year, I can admit that. You know what he did poorly last year? Everything involving throwing a football or making decisions.

I think you still don't ******* get the point about our QB situation. I'm not saying that Perry, Jarren, or Weldon WILL be better than Rosier, or even that they ARE better right now. What I'm saying, for the 100th time to your incomprehending ***, is that we KNOW Rosier is trash. So what the **** is the point in starting him again. We don't know if what we have in Perry, Jarren, or Weldon is better or just as bad as Rosier (its almost impossible to be worse btw). So logically speaking why the **** does it make sense to start someone you KNOW for a ******* fact is bad over a couple freshman who are obviously more talented arm strength, accuracy, and mobility wise. Sure they might struggle with the plays or reading coverages at first, but so does ******* Rosier! And the main reason to start the freshman is that even if they are as bad as Rosier right NOW, they have a lot more room for growth than Rosier does as the season progresses.

Starting Rosier is saying you're happy just getting 9 wins. Expecting Rosier to go from being a sub 50% Comp% passer to a 60% passer is just ignorant.

Advertisement
So you're saying that Rosier having a 44% comp% in the Pitt game rests entirely on Homer, Richards, and Jeff Thomas, and the Oline. You're ******* special dude.
You know what Rosier did well last year? Scramble. He actually did that pretty well last year, I can admit that. You know what he did poorly last year? Everything involving throwing a football or making decisions.

I think you still don't ******* get the point about our QB situation. I'm not saying that Perry, Jarren, or Weldon WILL be better than Rosier, or even that they ARE better right now. What I'm saying, for the 100th time to your incomprehending ***, is that we KNOW Rosier is trash. So what the **** is the point in starting him again. We don't know if what we have in Perry, Jarren, or Weldon is better or just as bad as Rosier (its almost impossible to be worse btw). So logically speaking why the **** does it make sense to start someone you KNOW for a ******* fact is bad over a couple freshman who are obviously more talented arm strength, accuracy, and mobility wise. Sure they might struggle with the plays or reading coverages at first, but so does ******* Rosier! And the main reason to start the freshman is that even if they are as bad as Rosier right NOW, they have a lot more room for growth than Rosier does as the season progresses.

Starting Rosier is saying you're happy just getting 9 wins. Expecting Rosier to go from being a sub 50% Comp% passer to a 60% passer is just ignorant.
He would have done that alone from the drops , we had over 35 drops for the season. Him complete ting just 25 of those would have had his completion percentage over 60%

He would have done that alone from the drops , we had over 35 drops for the season. Him complete ting just 25 of those would have had his completion percentage over 60%
not all drops are created equal bruh. How many were due to bad accuracy? How many of his completions were ONLY completed because our WR went up and made a spectacular catch even when it had poor accuracy to begin with? How much is that Comp% affected by the games vs the trash non-P5 teams? How many plays did he ruin with his poor accuracy that didn't lead the WRs, etc, etc. ....it all evens out to a ****** comp% bruh

Saying he's trash is exaggerating quite a bit. He's not bad, he's average, and you don't know that the other kids are actually better than him right now. Leave that up to the coaches. I want to move on to a better qb asap but you don't just toss a 10 game winner aside. Starting Rosier is not saying 9 wins is ok... kid could have had 11 wins last year. He could better.. and just a little better would have been wins against Pitt and Whiskey. Rosier is capable of a 13 win season.. but no way he's a 14 game winner.

Saying he's trash is exaggerating quite a bit. He's not bad, he's average, and you don't know that the other kids are actually better than him right now. Leave that up to the coaches. I want to move on to a better qb asap but you don't just toss a 10 game winner aside. Starting Rosier is not saying 9 wins is ok... kid could have had 11 wins last year. He could better.. and just a little better would have been wins against Pitt and Whiskey. Rosier is capable of a 13 win season.. but no way he's a 14 game winner.

There isn’t a QB on this planet that could win the title with this team. We can beat LSU, FSU and Va Tech, but we don’t have the talent or depth to beat Clemson AND Alabama AND another top 4 team. Not with our OL and not with Redwine, Knowles, and Finley all taking meaningful snaps. An undefeated regular season and NY6 win would be our max expectation regardless of QB.

Advertisement
lmao some of y'all kill me. Rosier gotta be the most polarizing cane all time. You gotta either love him or hate him. Y'all screaming for jits to start that have never taken a snap in a game scenario EVER claiming they will take us to the promise land although we just won 10 games with a limited, but proven leader that still put us over in SEVERAL games. I see a lot of IF IF IF IF...if my aunt had a ****, she'd be my uncle. One more year for rosier then let's see if any of these kids are who (most of) you think they are.

Wow actually rewatching that Syracuse game the announcers made me sick to my stomach blowing that Syracuse qb while he had an awful stat line I swear they made him sound more brave then Caitlyn Jenner

Wow actually rewatching that Syracuse game the announcers made me sick to my stomach blowing that Syracuse qb while he had an awful stat line I swear they made him sound more brave then Caitlyn Jenner
The hate runs deep for the Canes. Every team we face brings their A game. Even most announcers. Although they say Miami is irrelevant they still want it to mean something if they beat us.

1st play of the 2nd quarter is a screen to Herndon for 9.

On the next play, Herndon lines up on the other side of the formation and runs a shallow post to the space in the zone between the LBs and Safteties. Rosier threads the needle to reward the big fella for his work. TD

View attachment 61356

View attachment 61357

Yes he threw a good pass to herndon but the issue with that play; which has been a issue with rosier all year, is ahmon streaking wide open im the back of the endzone

Advertisement
The hate runs deep for the Canes. Every team we face brings their A game. Even most announcers. Although they say Miami is irrelevant they still want it to mean something if they beat us.
I really don’t get it ... the most painfully obvious especially with ESPN and the strangest thing is that the one announcer from there who shows us the most love is Kirk Herbstreit

Yes he threw a good pass to herndon but the issue with that play; which has been a issue with rosier all year, is ahmon streaking wide open im the back of the endzone
Or maybe they Herndon and Rosier both read zone pre-snap and ran his route to the soft spot between the LBs and DBs...I mean, it’s pretty obvious that to this point in the game, Herndon has been the only reliable pass catcher. It should seem natural that Rosier would look his way and try to keep feeding the hot hand.

Jesus Christ. The boy can’t even get credit for reading the defense and throwing a nice timing route to a soft spot in the zone for a TD without being thrown under the buss for not throwing to the guy who’s already dropped 2 TDs and 4 passes overall.

Or maybe they Herndon and Rosier both read zone pre-snap and ran his route to the soft spot between the LBs and DBs...I mean, it’s pretty obvious that to this point in the game, Herndon has been the only reliable pass catcher. It should seem natural that Rosier would look his way and try to keep feeding the hot hand.

Jesus Christ. The boy can’t even get credit for reading the defense and throwing a nice timing route to a soft spot in the zone for a TD without being thrown under the buss for not throwing to the guy who’s already dropped 2 TDs and 4 passes overall.

Bruh you reaching the guy has no one near him in the endzone like no one, still doesn’t change that fact that he has made bad reads all year long

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back