Syracuse at Miami at 4 pm on the ACC Network (Pregame predictions, game thread and post game reactions)

Advertisement

Coach Boeheim said Wong is a tougher match-up than Lykes due to his size and ability to finish around the basket.

Interesting but some of Lykes biggest problems are caused by Coach L putting him in bad situations.

Only caught the tail end of this game but one MASSIVE observations that even the announcer kept pointing out....

Up by 2 possesions why are we are putting pressure on the ball in the full court instead of getting into our set defense? Created wide open lanes for the Orange to get quick and easy buckets. Which in turn forced the game into OT. Once again the coaching in crunch time is beyond questionable. When the announcers rip decision making you know you're doing boneheaded ****.

Lykes would definitely start on most ACC teams and McGusty would also start on alot of them.
Absolutely not on Lykes. Any coach with a brain would see he is better suited off the bench in any power 5 conference. If he was at a school that utilized him properly off the bench I believe he would be the best 6th man in the country for the last 3 seasons.

Advertisement
On a team that is scoring-challenged, why would you put your top scorer on the bench? Makes no sense.

If you're thinking defensive liabilities, that pretty much goes for the entire team -- with Lykes it's lack of height, with the others lack of quickness, jumping ability, effort, take your pick.

On a team that is scoring-challenged, why would you put your top scorer on the bench? Makes no sense.

If you're thinking defensive liabilities, that pretty much goes for the entire team -- with Lykes it's lack of height, with the others lack of quickness, jumping ability, effort, take your pick.
He takes **** shots and jacks. Is a shoot first point guard. If any other guard on our team had his mindset they would be our top scorer instead of him.

Advertisement

Regardless of what people think about Chris, Rodney and Sam, those 3 along with Kam will start next season because Coach L loves seniors and they are seniors.

In fairness to Chris, the team he played with last season was bad and he developed some bad habits that only add to his being short complex. Add to the fact that Coach L puts him in some bad situations where failure is more likely than success then you will understand why Chris struggles. Chris is good player, he just needs to be put in better situations to succeed. JMO.

He takes **** shots and jacks. Is a shoot first point guard. If any other guard on our team had his mindset they would be our top scorer instead of him.
He never was a PG -- at Gonzaga HS in DC or here. L recruited him full-well knowing he was getting a SG in a PG's body. And, last I looked, he was the clear scoring leader on this team with 15.2 ppg. Only Cane to get All-ACC Mention too, I think.

He never was a PG -- at Gonzaga HS in DC or here. L recruited him full-well knowing he was getting a SG in a PG's body. And, last I looked, he was the clear scoring leader on this team with 15.2 ppg. Only Cane to get All-ACC Mention too, I think.
I can't argue with this. I do believe if mcgusty or wong took as many shots as him they would outscore him.

He is our primary ball handler. He is our point guard. This team runs zero sets so whoever is the primary ball handler is the pg in this offense. Does he play like a pg? No he doesn't but that doesn't mean he isn't our pg.

Personally, I don't think the issue is with Chris, Isaiah or Kam. It is more of an issue with them fitting into our "ball screen offense". Somewhere from when the coaches teach the execution of the offense to those guys running the offense, something (ball movement, player movement and spacing) is getting lost in translation. There is way too much dribbling in our current version of the offense and the ball does not move enough to create open shots for the rest of the team. Add to that that the bigs never dive to the basket for any dunks after setting the screen nor pick and pop for a 15 foot jump shot nor get any touches on the post only means very few quality bigs will come to Miami. Bigs and any basketball player prefer to go to a school where playing time and shots are available. Oh yeah, an also get a degree.

I have an idea of what offense Miami should run some during the game and it will help the players with our current ball screen offense but when I say the name, people will immediately say it will not work because too many people don't understand the concepts and purpose of the offense.

Advertisement
I can't argue with this. I do believe if mcgusty or wong took as many shots as him they would outscore him.

He is our primary ball handler. He is our point guard. This team runs zero sets so whoever is the primary ball handler is the pg in this offense. Does he play like a pg? No he doesn't but that doesn't mean he isn't our pg.
Agree with everything you said. As our best 3 pt shooter (38%), I'd like to see Wong shoot more. Lykes, shooting 3's at 37% is our second best outside marksman. DJ shoots 34% and McGusty only 33%. Everybody else has really dreadful numbers.

Agree with everything you said. As our best 3 pt shooter (38%), I'd like to see Wong shoot more. Lykes, shooting 3's at 37% is our second best outside marksman. DJ shoots 34% and McGusty only 33%. Everybody else has really dreadful numbers.
34% for vasil in his senior year is devastating to read

Advertisement
If you only have one skill these days in college hoops, 3 point shooting is def the one to have! Not sure why he dropped off so precipitously the last half of this season. Suspect it was a mental thing.

Advertisement
Back