Swofford & ACC need Clemson to win

L
Clemson winning it all will do a great deal for acc.

Why? All it means is you had the best team playing their best at the right time. It will have no impact as how the college football world sees the ACC as a whole. Nothing changed after FSU won it. Everybody knows FSU and Clemson are very good programs right now so there's no surprise with them winning it.
Because competing against title teams forces others to raise their performance. This has already proven true with all the coaching changes we have seen in this conference.

Also we didn't start hearing about the sec slurpfest from espn until they ran off seven titles in a row. If Clemson wins it all, the acc would've won 2 of the last 3 titles....people will start to slurp us as well.

Us? Who is us? And nobody is slurping the ACC. They need Miami and Va Tech to raise their level of play. Then you will have 2 teams in each side of the conference who can compete at a high level consistently. UNC isn't any where near as good as their record indicates. They have a sht schedule. Without having Miami and a Va Tech returning to their former selves the ACC will be viewed as weak, and rightfully so.

Advertisement

Why? All it means is you had the best team playing their best at the right time. It will have no impact as how the college football world sees the ACC as a whole. Nothing changed after FSU won it. Everybody knows FSU and Clemson are very good programs right now so there's no surprise with them winning it.
Because competing against title teams forces others to raise their performance. This has already proven true with all the coaching changes we have seen in this conference.

Also we didn't start hearing about the sec slurpfest from espn until they ran off seven titles in a row. If Clemson wins it all, the acc would've won 2 of the last 3 titles....people will start to slurp us as well.

I remember the slurping happening in the late 80's after Texas and Oklahoma faded from the scene. The "tough" SEC schedule was cited by slurpers far and wide as their excuse why SEC teams were absent from title game. They were too beat up to make it to the end of the season undefeated.

I live in Upstate SC. You have to join a camp when you come here.
I picked South Carolina on a coin toss and have hated the Tigers ever since.
I hate Dabo Weenie and the whole team.
I hope UNC puts them down good and hard.
You have to be/live here to know why nothing matters more today than Clemson crying after this game.
Because if Clemson is crying, so are the other butt holes that root for them.

I got the phone calls and texts after Clemson shut us out. So understand why I feel this way. Its a revenge game for me. I also have money on UNC!

I live in Fort Mill and so far have avoided all teams SC. But I am the odd ball among my group of friends. I grew up in NC, went to college at Michigan, but a die hard canes fan.

Without fail, every year for christmas, I get either NC or SC gear for Chrismas. Which is how my car stays clean year round. Hang in there brother! :)

I remember the slurping happening in the late 80's after Texas and Oklahoma faded from the scene. The "tough" SEC schedule was cited by slurpers far and wide as their excuse why SEC teams were absent from title game. They were too beat up to make it to the end of the season undefeated.

The slurpfest was ratcheted up 100 fold once Aubarn was left out of the BCS title when they were undefeated and then Emmert became president of the NCAA after being at LSU. Notice that since Emmert has been NCAA press any school that has the ability to compete against the NCAA in the BCS era was investigated. All the while everything that happened in the $EC was swept under the rug like Scam Newton & Dix getting paid by a coach.

Advertisement
Are the refs even going to give UNC a chance? I don't think so.

The ACC doesn't have enough elite teams to let just anyone win. This is Clemson's year to carry the ACC flag. Next year, we should replace UNC, and vie for the title.

And they say us Butch people are all negative. I agree we win Coastal next year. Even more, we bet noles in regular season. Mark might not make us the monster Butch would have but boy will kill here anyway.

That PI call against UNC was questionable, imho. Refs working their magic.

Advertisement
Back