Swofford & ACC need Clemson to win

Klamalama

Board Ban Under CIS Martial Law Until 11/5/20
Are the refs even going to give UNC a chance? I don't think so.

The ACC doesn't have enough elite teams to let just anyone win. This is Clemson's year to carry the ACC flag. Next year, we should replace UNC, and vie for the title.

Advertisement
I'm rooting for Clemson for the rest of the year. They helped our program. Forever thankful to the 2015 Clemson Tigers

What we did this week is FAR more important for the ACC than Clemson being number 1 or winning a title.

The ACC was the conference ton finally dethrone the the SEC no one cares. ACC was represented in the final 4 last year. No one cares. ACC put a TON of players in the draft AND on NFL rosters, no one cares.

But MIAMI stepping up towards greatness and relevancy is why we're in the ACC and what will put this ACC crap where it belongs

Doesn't every conference team get a bunch of money if one of their members make the playoff? We should all be rooting for Clemson.

Advertisement
Go Dabo. A Tiger W means ACC is in the playoffs.

But the refs won't help Clemson. Them thar refs all favor Tobacco Road.

It's a no lose for the ACC actually. Clemson wins and they're in the playoff, but if North Carolina pulls the upset that means three ACC teams will be in New Years 6 bowls.

The ACC doesn't have enough elite teams to let just anyone win. This is Clemson's year to carry the ACC flag. Next year, we should replace UNC, and vie for the title.

ACC has 3 teams in the top 10.if Unc didn't play two fcs schools they easily get in with a win.

Advertisement

ACC has 3 teams in the top 10.if Unc didn't play two fcs schools they easily get in with a win.

Regardless of what happens this is has been a very solid year for the ACC .... heck if it wasnt for our new coach beating GaTech a few weeks ago the ACC-SEC end of season match ups would have been very one sided

Part of me wants Clemson to win, but the other part UNC. I've already said Fedora has surpassed anything Botch did there and was the better HC, but beating Clemson would cement it to all but the most indoctrinated cultists.

Advertisement
Go Dabo. A Tiger W means ACC is in the playoffs.

But the refs won't help Clemson. Them thar refs all favor Tobacco Road.

You're fooling yourself if the ACC would be content with UNC winning the ACC title and forgoing having a representative in the college football playoff. There's big money there for the conference as well as bragging rights. If UNC was undefeated, sure you could say they'd favor UNC. But this isn't the case.

Advertisement
I live in Upstate SC. You have to join a camp when you come here.
I picked South Carolina on a coin toss and have hated the Tigers ever since.
I hate Dabo Weenie and the whole team.
I hope UNC puts them down good and hard.
You have to be/live here to know why nothing matters more today than Clemson crying after this game.
Because if Clemson is crying, so are the other butt holes that root for them.

I got the phone calls and texts after Clemson shut us out. So understand why I feel this way. Its a revenge game for me. I also have money on UNC!

Clemson winning it all will do a great deal for acc.

Why? All it means is you had the best team playing their best at the right time. It will have no impact as how the college football world sees the ACC as a whole. Nothing changed after FSU won it. Everybody knows FSU and Clemson are very good programs right now so there's no surprise with them winning it.

Clemson winning it all will do a great deal for acc.

Why? All it means is you had the best team playing their best at the right time. It will have no impact as how the college football world sees the ACC as a whole. Nothing changed after FSU won it. Everybody knows FSU and Clemson are very good programs right now so there's no surprise with them winning it.
Because competing against title teams forces others to raise their performance. This has already proven true with all the coaching changes we have seen in this conference.

Also we didn't start hearing about the sec slurpfest from espn until they ran off seven titles in a row. If Clemson wins it all, the acc would've won 2 of the last 3 titles....people will start to slurp us as well.

Advertisement
Back