Switching/Rotations

sszoeboy

Freshman
I'm really confused at the constant switching and rotation so far. On the 50 yard run, I saw Knowles(I just threw up in my mouth), Bradley Jennings, Derrick Smith, Mike Smith, DJax in the game. I'm trying to understand what was the fkn point of that!? I totally understand giving guys rest, but i wholeheartedly disagree with taking most of your impact players off the field at once. All we kept hearing was how much of an improvement they've seen in Redwine.....but I saw Knowles in the game as much as I saw Redwine. Where was Amari Carter all game?! If Dean is this trash, then roll with Ivey/Frierson/Blades.

Travis Homer was another guy who was getting rave reviews this off-season. Why only 7 carries for him? He was not in on the second series. I like DJ, but Homer should be dominating the touches if he's the better back.

Advertisement
I'm really confused at the constant switching and rotation so far. On the 50 yard run, I saw Knowles(I just threw up in my mouth), Bradley Jennings, Derrick Smith, Mike Smith, DJax in the game. I'm trying to understand what was the fkn point of that!? I totally understand giving guys rest, but i wholeheartedly disagree with taking most of your impact players off the field at once. All we kept hearing was how much of an improvement they've seen in Redwine.....but I saw Knowles in the game as much as I saw Redwine. Where was Amari Carter all game?! If Dean is this trash, then roll with Ivey/Frierson/Blades.

Travis Homer was another guy who was getting rave reviews this off-season. Why only 7 carries for him? He was not in on the second series. I like DJ, but Homer should be dominating the touches if he's the better back.

This is always a bad thing. Whenever he’s on the field it means the other team will likely score BUT woulda been nice to see Gurvan Hall a little and we know he’s a superior talent but he has to prove his toughness to the team thru special teams first 🤦🏾‍♂️. Maybe he can do it as a punter cause I’m sure Hall could probably punt the ball better than Feagles

Its first qtr in the first game of season against a top marquee opponent. We have 6 backups in the game on the back 7. Only Jaquan as starter. I dont see top DC do this in these types of games. Other lower games maybe. But not in that position. We are not that deep yet.

He went to the Spolestra school of coaching... mindless, mechanical substitutions.... a disease of video guys who become coaches

Advertisement
Anytime you do something just to do it, usually has negative effects. there is never any tactical advantage to having 5-6 backups in at the same time. Especially when 1 of them is Robert Knowles

Soon as JJ walked down to the LOS to blitz the edge and I saw one safety deep. I knew a td was coming. LSU ran away from the blitz. Diaz needs to chill with blitzing JJ if he doesn't have Carter or another sure tackler at the other safety position

Why cant Amari Carter beat out Knowles? Honest question. Is Carter another overrated 4*?

Advertisement
I said out loud “oh no knowles is in the game” and then they busted that run

That's another thing with Manny he does things just to do it. NO RHYME OR REASON he just does it and those are the things that keep him from being a better DC.

Diaz reason behind is “Look at Me I’m smarter than everybody i can stop teams with anybody on the field”

Its first qtr in the first game of season against a top marquee opponent. We have 6 backups in the game on the back 7. Only Jaquan as starter. I dont see top DC do this in these types of games. Other lower games maybe. But not in that position. We are not that deep yet.

even if we were that deep you dont do it. No other team rotates the back 7 like that. They are starters for a reason. Youre putting in 4-5 new players at the same time that dont have a feel for the opponent. I swear diaz thinks hes playing madden.

Advertisement
what really makes no sense is subbing EVERYONE at once. Like sure go a few plays with Demetrius Jackson in. Or Hall/Carter in at Safety. Or Derrick Smith in at Striker, or one of the backup LBs/DTs in, etc, etc. BUT DON"T ******* PUT ALL THE BACKUPS IN AT THE SAME TIME!!!! **** this is so simple. The entire 2nd team D should not be on the ******* field together.

The substitution of Knowles i think was actually Banda's call. Go watch the tape. LSU false starts, Banda sends Knowles out there, LSU scores a touchdown.

Want to throw up even more. Go back to first down on that series. Easy 25 yard gain cause Knowles was in man coverage and lost his man cause he was looking in the backfield.

Advertisement
The substitution of Knowles i think was actually Banda's call. Go watch the tape. LSU false starts, Banda sends Knowles out there, LSU scores a touchdown.

Want to throw up even more. Go back to first down on that series. Easy 25 yard gain cause Knowles was in man coverage and lost his man cause he was looking in the backfield.
It actually makes me physically sick when he’s in the field

Advertisement
Back