Suspensions.

How did he fight for Figs?

He allowed Blake James to boot him off the team without an internal investigation.

Months later, no charges filed and Figs is burning the UM flag.

You're an idiot. Figs pled guilty immediately and it reflected in his reduced sentencing.

The funny thing is you're wrong. Figueroa and Blue both entered a deferred prosecution program. It does not require that you plead guilty. If they complete the terms of the program, the charges against them get dismissed. Figueroa was bounced out of the program once, but they typically let you back in after one ***** up. I believe he is back in the program.

It's semantics, they admitted they did it in order to have the felony charges dropped. Their record won't indicate they plead guilty but you can't let them back in the school when they're obviously rapist just like any business anywhere wouldn't allow a rapist employee back. They're a liability.
http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...gueroa-will-not-serve-jail-time-in-rape-case/

It's not semantics. They did not plead guilty. You were 100% wrong. Their purported admission was in the police report. I've tried cases and gotten acquittals with purported confessions. When you plead guilty, you are adjudicated guilty. If they complete the program, the charges will be dismissed.

Advertisement
blake james' hands are dirty w/r/t to Figs & Blue saga.

He threw those kids under the bus.
No kidding. Irregardless of the circumstances or how it turned out, a parent should be thinking twice about sending a kid somewhere that doesn't even recommend they get an attorney before they sign a document and kick them out of school. That is a coach, athletic department, and athletic director that don't give a single **** about your kid if there is even a possibility that something reflects poorly on the school. His action was the definition of shooting before asking questions.

I can't believe you just said irregardless.....i'll pray for you.

Improper english versus a belief in mythical beings.

Hmmmm? Tough call.

No kidding. Irregardless of the circumstances or how it turned out, a parent should be thinking twice about sending a kid somewhere that doesn't even recommend they get an attorney before they sign a document and kick them out of school. That is a coach, athletic department, and athletic director that don't give a single **** about your kid if there is even a possibility that something reflects poorly on the school. His action was the definition of shooting before asking questions.

Hmmmm? Tough call.

Irregardless I am all of the suddenly aware of your position, and could care less. You'll have a great evening.

Hmmmm? Tough call.

lmao!

:U5PyXda:

Advertisement

He allowed Blake James to boot him off the team without an internal investigation.

You're an idiot. Figs pled guilty immediately and it reflected in his reduced sentencing.

The funny thing is you're wrong. Figueroa and Blue both entered a deferred prosecution program. It does not require that you plead guilty. If they complete the terms of the program, the charges against them get dismissed. Figueroa was bounced out of the program once, but they typically let you back in after one ***** up. I believe he is back in the program.

It's semantics, they admitted they did it in order to have the felony charges dropped. Their record won't indicate they plead guilty but you can't let them back in the school when they're obviously rapist just like any business anywhere wouldn't allow a rapist employee back. They're a liability.
http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...gueroa-will-not-serve-jail-time-in-rape-case/

It's not semantics. They did not plead guilty. You were 100% wrong. Their purported admission was in the police report. I've tried cases and gotten acquittals with purported confessions. When you plead guilty, you are adjudicated guilty. If they complete the program, the charges will be dismissed.

They admitted guilt but in the eyes of the court didn't plead guilty. There was nothing to adjudicate because there was a deal on the table to reduce charges.

So all you care about is what they can get away with, not what they did. Lots of guilty people get off on technicalities. Figs and Blue are gone, and SHOULD be gone. Period.

Listen, I want Golden gone but lets be fair. most of this is UM trying to play like they are an ivy league school. The guy likes goons. He recruited Gionni Paul and Eddie Johnson and fought to keep them. He went for Figs (who took the goon thing too far) he fought for AQM. Finnie would have never been kicked out of FSU for what he did. I mean I can't stand him right now but half of these suspensions are the admin not him. Same reason it takes kids so long to get enrolled. some things are out of his control.

People don't have a problem with what players he likes or he recruits. In reality he isn't that bad of a recruiter. The problem ppl have is he is a **** coach who can't win with a talented roster.

Folden is a Terrible recruiter.....

Advertisement
Listen, I want Golden gone but lets be fair. most of this is UM trying to play like they are an ivy league school. The guy likes goons. He recruited Gionni Paul and Eddie Johnson and fought to keep them. He went for Figs (who took the goon thing too far) he fought for AQM. Finnie would have never been kicked out of FSU for what he did. I mean I can't stand him right now but half of these suspensions are the admin not him. Same reason it takes kids so long to get enrolled. some things are out of his control.

People don't have a problem with what players he likes or he recruits. In reality he isn't that bad of a recruiter. The problem ppl have is he is a **** coach who can't win with a talented roster.

Exactly. In all fairness, there are solid qualities with the guy in recruiting, marketing, etc...but that seems to be where it ends. I wanted to believe it would be a short learning curve on the job, but just last year in our biggest game of the year, he demonstrated that when the lights get too bright, he isn't up to the task....and it has been that way every year he has been here to a degree.

UM

They admitted guilt but in the eyes of the court didn't plead guilty. There was nothing to adjudicate because there was a deal on the table to reduce charges.

This is again wrong. They could not be adjudicated guilty because they did not admit their guilt before the court. You are adjudicated guilty if you admit to the court you are guilty or if the prosecuting authority proves each element of the crime(s) charged beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury. There was nothing to adjudicate because neither of those things happened. Irrespective of what the charges were, the charges get dropped - dismissed - upon completion of the program. The charges did not and will not get reduced - they will get dismissed. If one of them gets bounced from the program for noncompliance, he is not adjudicated guilty. The case would be set for trial.

So all you care about is what they can get away with, not what they did. Lots of guilty people get off on technicalities. Figs and Blue are gone, and SHOULD be gone. Period.

The technicalities of which you speak are actually Constitutional rights. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, not a bunch of technicalities. When the prosecuting authority cannot earn a guilty plea or guilty verdict by acting within the confines of the Constitution, then the person being prosecuted does not deserve to be adjudicated guilty, no matter what the actual facts are. Blackstone's formulation... Constitution... blah, blah, blah

Point out where I said that what I care about is what they can get away with. All I did was correct erroneous information that was posted.

Advertisement

This is again wrong. They could not be adjudicated guilty because they did not admit their guilt before the court. You are adjudicated guilty if you admit to the court you are guilty or if the prosecuting authority proves each element of the crime(s) charged beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury. There was nothing to adjudicate because neither of those things happened. Irrespective of what the charges were, the charges get dropped - dismissed - upon completion of the program. The charges did not and will not get reduced - they will get dismissed. If one of them gets bounced from the program for noncompliance, he is not adjudicated guilty. The case would be set for trial.

Once again i will post the only thing that matters regarding their status with UM.

CORAL GABLES — The University of Miami dismissed linebackers JaWand Blue and Alex Figueroa after both admitted to police they drugged and raped a 17-year-old girl last weekend.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...-alex-figueroa-jawand-blue-after-sexua/ngbb2/

The technicalities of which you speak are actually Constitutional rights. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, not a bunch of technicalities. When the prosecuting authority cannot earn a guilty plea or guilty verdict by acting within the confines of the Constitution, then the person being prosecuted does not deserve to be adjudicated guilty, no matter what the actual facts are. Blackstone's formulation... Constitution... blah, blah, blah

Point out where I said that what I care about is what they can get away with. All I did was correct erroneous information that was posted.

You are confusing a court of law with the standards of a private organization. You've made it quite clear all you care about is that the players should be allowed to play if they can get away with it.

You are confusing a court of law with the standards of a private organization. You've made it quite clear all you care about is that the players should be allowed to play if they can get away with it.

I am not confusing anything with anything. Nowhere did I say the players should be allowed to play. I corrected a mistake by another poster, who stated - incorrectly - that Figueroa pleaded guilty. I never mentioned a single word about whether the players should be allowed to play. You are clearly confusing what I said with many things I didn't say. Perhaps you should work on reading comprehension.

Advertisement
Idiots arguing the law with an attorney. That tells you everything you need to know about our slurpees.

Advertisement
Back