Survive and advance

Tonight the lines of scrimmage really came to life. Oline got more push and the backs had room to operate. Minus the Meriweather play that Mensah didn’t see best effort off the season.

Dline well they played well and still missed 4-5 more sacks that I counted and multiple holds weee not called yet again.

This bye comes at a great time for us and hopefully the team heals up. Playing the safeties out of position will help us going forward and perhaps one of them can step into the nickel role to replace 0. Feels like a liability in pass plays. Great road win considering the injuries!
 
Three freshmen ballers in Dunnigan, Congdon and Mallory.

Smith and Lofton do not get enough respect. I get the complaints about 0 but that man lays the wood. Hetherman loves violence because opponents hate it.

Hats off to their QB. We were mugging him all game and he played his best yet. I know we destroyed that team but I revised my opinion of them last night and think they’re not that bad. They have the materials to be dangerous down the stretch. Their trenches are their greatest weakness, weird to say that about a Clemson.
 
I feel like I didn’t see Meriweather do anything wrong on his drive or two at right tackle. Was it really that bad?
He wasn’t in long to get Mensah killed but it’s like seeing someone drive with their feet and not killing anyone on one trip to the store. It looked scary as **** and I’d prefer never seeing it again. Somebody could die next time.

If you go rewatch his snaps on pass down he was getting out of stance as the DE was crossing his face. It was unnatural and awkward. If he’d played a whole game we’d forgotten John Campbell and Zion Wilson’s sack fest against UF in 2019. Like I said he didn’t play many snaps but he was completely overmatched when he did. It wasn’t like that was Myles Garret at edge.
 
Tonight the lines of scrimmage really came to life. Oline got more push and the backs had room to operate. Minus the Meriweather play that Mensah didn’t see best effort off the season.

Dline well they played well and still missed 4-5 more sacks that I counted and multiple holds weee not called yet again.

This bye comes at a great time for us and hopefully the team heals up. Playing the safeties out of position will help us going forward and perhaps one of them can step into the nickel role to replace 0. Feels like a liability in pass plays. Great road win considering the injuries!
This game showed us some things we needed to see improve at exactly the right time. If we can get healthier we got something
 
Wiley needs more snaps, period.
He needs to earn them same with any other player who has received limited playing time.

Toure and Smith are liabilities in the pass game, and I'm sure Heatherman knows that. Opportunities are there but the players (Bonner, Wiley, etc.) need to earn the right to take advantage.
 
That was fun. Always good to converse with Cribby.

FWIW, Cantwell is also nicked up and hadn't practiced RT. He's been LT only lately after cross training a bunch in camp.

Was strong in run game at LG tonight when forced in.

Thought it was interesting that SJ went to RG. Wonder if Cantwell is just more comfortable on the left?

Yes it appears that way.
 
Three freshmen ballers in Dunnigan, Congdon and Mallory.

Smith and Lofton do not get enough respect. I get the complaints about 0 but that man lays the wood. Hetherman loves violence because opponents hate it.

Hats off to their QB. We were mugging him all game and he played his best yet. I know we destroyed that team but I revised my opinion of them last night and think they’re not that bad. They have the materials to be dangerous down the stretch. Their trenches are their greatest weakness, weird to say that about a Clemson.
Their offensive line is a serious issue. And, it's been a growing issue since Mafah left (rb).
son's a senior there, and we've watched a team that had NFL type of OL, to a franchise that is STRUGGLING to run the ball at all
If they can figure that out and get Davidson going, that will allow that passing game to develop. Can't have your QB drop back 40 times plus, get his 25 times - and expect to win anything
they have both VaTech and Duke left in conference and USC end of year... could be 5 win season, or they could surprise and win 8/9
IT all starts up front

at least my boy is almost wrapped up with his mechie degree and already interviewing
 
Back
Top