Surprise Commit

Who do you think or hope will be our suprise commit/s this cycle? Skinner and Citizen were both plesent surprises last cycle, or are big wins on the recruiting trail already old hat for this staff?

My pick Harbor and McClain

Harbor- calling him a surprise because there is rarely any chatter on him. I'm starting to think he may just run track. I hope not lol. #DMV

McClain- just straight Bama vibes but it would be huge slap to Satan if Mario pulled him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who do you think or hope will be our suprise commit/s this cycle? Skinner and Citizen were both plesent surprises last cycle, or are big wins on the recruiting trail already old hat for this staff?

My pick Harbor and McClain

Harbor- calling him a surprise because there is rarely any chatter on him. I'm starting to think he may just run track. I hope not lol. #DMV

McClain- just straight Bama vibes but it would be huge slap to Satan if Mario pulled him.
I get the feeling we'd need some crazy type of season, like beating Bama or UGA in the playoff, along with pulling in a bunch of other top 50 dudes to pry this guy away from Saban.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you truly want to talk about “surprise” commits, by definition we wouldn’t expect them at all. So you’re talking a guy committed elsewhere who had interest in us and then we flip late (Skinner), a guy who is heavily leaning elsewhere with not a lot of hope (Citizen), or even a guy we hadn’t even heard any chatter on at all who commits out of nowhere (Key’Shawn Smith).

So I think the most comparable would be Aguerro, McClain, and the other would be a complete surprise not on the radar.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hope:
- Samson Okunlola
- David Hicks
- Nyckoles Harbor
- Another CB
- Jurrion ****ey

Think:
- Nathan Efobi
- Samuel M’Pemba
- Chris Johnson Jr
- Conrad Hussey
- Andrew Rumph
- Another OL

My take:

Think:
Samson
****ey
Hall
Demari
Johnson Jr
OL (maybe Iapani)
Hussey
Edge (not Mpebma)

Hope:
- Samson Okunlola
- David Hicks
- Nyckoles Harbor
- Another CB
- Jurrion ****ey

Think:
- Nathan Efobi
- Samuel M’Pemba
- Chris Johnson Jr
- Conrad Hussey
- Andrew Rumph
- Another OL

I can almost promise you we will get one or two from the Hope list

Was happy til I read "another CB" on his list 🤣. Hope you meant the named individuals.

Advertisement
Back